PDA

View Full Version : brad's spirited project

brad
15th July 2007, 08:23 PM
hello everyone,
I have been floating around this fourm for a while now, so I thought I would show off my project.
I picked it up out of the paper around 2 years ago I think, was stock as a rock spirit with around 240ks on the clock.
I also had a ke20 track car with a bigport 4age in it, so I decided to do an engine swap.
it was supposed to be a 2week project but this turned into 14months, and a lot more expensive than I first thought.

current mods to date:
rebuilt bigport
quads
haltech e6x with custom loom and all new sensors.
waste spark ignition set up,
new pwr sprinter radiator with twin thermos and custom brackets
surge tank with vl turbo pump supplying fuel to rail and a generic pump to surge, I used a sard fuel reg which I mounted in the rear of the car so I didnt have to run a return from the engine.
battery moved to boot.
standard rwd manifold with mandrel bent 2 1/4 exhaust and single muffler.
jdm gearbox
there is more stuff just can't remember atm

I have to put a few ks on the engine to run it in before I put it back on the dyno and put a better tune on the haltech, atm it feels rather slow but sounds ok I guess.

future mods
suspension: havent made my mind up yet to either go s13 or some ajps coilovers in the front end, rear will just be short strokes and prolly 6kg springs, have some sigma lcas if I go in the way of 86 struts.
I have a t18 diff, ill get a kaaz 2way for it, but I think I will weld the s series for the moment.

I can't work out how to post pics, but herer some links
car: http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb253/be...hotos/rolla.jpg (http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb253/bradsport_photos/rolla.jpg)
http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb253/be...otos/rolla2.jpg (http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb253/bradsport_photos/rolla2.jpg)

engine: http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb253/be...photos/4age.jpg (http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb253/bradsport_photos/4age.jpg)
http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb253/be...hotos/4age3.jpg (http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb253/bradsport_photos/4age3.jpg)

fuel system: http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb253/be.../fuelsystem.jpg (http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb253/bradsport_photos/fuelsystem.jpg)

big thanks to everyone that helped with the project so far.
I hope you like it
brad

ae71
15th July 2007, 09:11 PM
this is a very neat project. along time in the making but I think it's worth it. a fresh, minty package like more cars should be and how I with mine was.

also dude, pay an extra 50bucks and get a TRD lsd :D

nothing like genuine toyota parts

Bustin_86
15th July 2007, 09:18 PM
Tyte car brad.

ZOMG Kyouteki T18 rear diff yo!

hilton
15th July 2007, 09:30 PM
lovin the sleeper! engines like all hot and stuff :rolleyes:

dr1ft-pig
15th July 2007, 09:35 PM
very nice and neat, just how I like a 70

Snoozy
17th July 2007, 01:39 PM
it's murray's friend.
I think I saw you out youngtown on the weekend... car looks good man
Muza told me all about it ;)

1JZ Z20
17th July 2007, 06:13 PM
This thing is nuts! nice sleeper mate well done.

brad
18th July 2007, 08:20 PM
yeah daim it's muzza's pit crew, what where you doing in at work (boost) the other day?
I guess it's a bit of a sleeper untill the thing starts then it's a bit of a different story.
hopefully get some insurance sorted out, put a few ks on the engine then get the "good tune"
made a list of the suspension mods, I have to talk to ajps first, but I think I will be purchasing a fare amount of stuff from him in the next few months.
anyways, thanks for the comments guys

nanes
18th July 2007, 10:39 PM
hey,

awesome work! very clean conversion.

can you just explain to me how your fuel system/ pressure regulator is working?

it's not setup in a way that I understand... :unsure:

thanks
James

Snoozy
19th July 2007, 10:17 PM
I was dropping something off for dad...
car is sweet, ill have to come around and have a look sometime with muzza... there will be a bit of carry on I recon ;)
I just picked up a damaged corolla seca today with a 4age so ill be looking at puting that in soon and might need some tips haha
can't wait to see it

Daim

brad
21st July 2007, 07:01 PM
fuel set up is pretty basic, instead of using the standard fuel reg, I used the sard fuel reg, which I set to hold pressue up to 50psi before it bleeds of fuel back to the surge tank.
thats cool that you got a ge daim, when do you plan to do your conversion? is it a smallport?
well I hooked up a tacho, it doesnt like goin past 6k atm, hopefully sort it out with the tune. hopefully put a good days work in on it tomorrow if I'm not too hungova. the dizzy is leaking pretty bad so I gotta pull it out and work out what seals to replace.
I'm lovin the sound of it though, better than I expected, lol.

Gilly
21st July 2007, 09:06 PM
dude neat install, props to you for that.

love the bottom radiator hose, (pipe section) looks neat as and saves trying to find a hose that is a close match!!

love it when people put in that little bit extra and end up with a nice clean conversion.

well done, now get that suspension and exploit the powah!!! :P

Dillon Mac
21st July 2007, 09:39 PM
Everytime time I see a KE70 it's norm drift bashed or a work in progress (and a lot of them are in the FS section).. But for once I've found a nice tight clean KE drifter, I'm impressed.. Nice car Brad!

ae71
21st July 2007, 11:52 PM
I'm keen to see it running when you get a nice tune and it's run in... will have to ge scotts car running and rego'd... hills run!! :D

brad
12th August 2007, 09:48 PM
finally some progress,
i was able to get the car back on the dyno yesterday, did an oil change uesd sweet as motoul 8100 :2thumbs: love the stuff also chucked in a set of iridiums
i have been getting to grips with the dyno now, this was one of my first proper tunes with the dyno, ended up doing about 25 pulls,
in the end i managed 2 get an amazing 67 kw from it with the limiter at 7k, second lowest power car on the dyno since i have been there.
plan now is to save some money and go all out with the suspension and steering, get it ready for some hills runs untill i can afford to get an lsd.

DavisJD
12th August 2007, 09:55 PM
second lowest power car on the dyno since i have been there.[/b]

:lol:

Nice car mate, really clean conversion there. I like the plate you've made up for your fuel filters and pumps, looks good.

Bustin_86
12th August 2007, 09:56 PM
Oh hell yes lovin you brad :P

Seriously want to run with you up in the hills.

ae71
12th August 2007, 10:14 PM
yes cant wait to see this in the flesh again, going and in its nateral habbitat.... the hills :P

Bustin_86
12th August 2007, 10:24 PM
I think this cars natural habitat is actually the woolies carpark.... but Brad will soon change that :D

howee
12th August 2007, 10:52 PM
Wow, Nicest engine and fuel system setup / conversion i have ever seen. Props mate.

howee

brad
13th August 2007, 09:53 PM
I think this cars natural habitat is actually the woolies carpark.... but Brad will soon change that :D[/b]

lol, wtf?
i have never bn 2 woolies carpark in this. i use the excel 4 that.
its natural habitat is in the garage, thats where its bn last 12months.
thanks for the comments

Dave
13th August 2007, 10:07 PM
very neat car mate, cant wait for updates :)

tom210
14th August 2007, 12:44 AM
brad.. can we dyno the t18? please haha...
na i'll have to come round and have a look at it again sometime, hear it running.. head down the roundabout :P

browneye
14th August 2007, 12:28 PM
Hey Brad...

Well done mate...lookin schmicko!!

Your cars now not as "sleepy" as mine!!(Still stuck in the shed)

Hopefully I'll see you in town and blow you into the weeds with the wife's frangadore :P :P :P NOT!!

Regards

Scott Brown

brad
14th August 2007, 11:04 PM
brad.. can we dyno the t18? please haha...[/b]
lol, yeah we can dyno the t18, but will it b able to spin the rollers?

Hey Brad...

Well done mate...lookin schmicko!!

Your cars now not as "sleepy" as mine!!(Still stuck in the shed)

Hopefully I'll see you in town and blow you into the weeds with the wife's frangadore :P :P :P NOT!!

Regards

Scott Brown[/b]

wats the problem with yours now? still the stuck valve?
if u need a hand just let me know, u def need 2 get it goin.
also let me know if you still want to get some suspension bits.

Snoozy
15th August 2007, 09:24 AM
went for a spin in it with brad, its Fing sweet bruz,
dump it.... haha

ae71
15th August 2007, 11:49 AM
scott has some fkn off the wall suspension on the way from what i have heard (coilies and 4 pot brakes)

whats the chargers for using the dyno? is there anyone there capable of tuning carbies? :P

browneye
15th August 2007, 05:54 PM
AE71 - scott has some fkn off the wall suspension on the way from what i have heard (coilies and 4 pot brakes)

Geez..ppl seem to know what I've bought before me....

Brad..yes seriously siezed valve...obtained another head..working on getting a manifold modded to suit..7afe head gasket on way 0.8 mm!! then its rego time!!!

PS Who does your dyno tunes??? ow much???

brad
24th August 2007, 09:25 PM
AE71 - scott has some fkn off the wall suspension on the way from what i have heard (coilies and 4 pot brakes)

Geez..ppl seem to know what I've bought before me....

Brad..yes seriously siezed valve...obtained another head..working on getting a manifold modded to suit..7afe head gasket on way 0.8 mm!! then its rego time!!!

PS Who does your dyno tunes??? ow much???[/b]

sounds good scott, get her all back 2gether and sort out sum rego, if u need a hand im not 2 far away :2thumbs:
dyno wise, i work at boost automotive now, we hav a dyno, i did the tune on mine, not sure on price tho.

gotta fix a couple of little issues and tune the quads and i will be almost happy with that side of it for a bit.
i am now dead keen to sort out sum suspension and handling. think i will go 86 struts and convert them 2 coilovers would like to do them myself.
so i will be chasing some 86 struts, i think i will also put an 86 rack in it, so i need one of them too and why im at it an 86 tailshft for the t-series.

thanks for the comments,

seek
24th August 2007, 09:56 PM
nice car, have you got any spare spirit panels?, if you want to sell me any of your panels, lemme know :P

ae71
25th August 2007, 12:20 PM
nice car, have you got any spare spirit panels?, if you want to sell me any of your panels, lemme know :P[/b]

do you mean spirit wing..?

cause all the other pannels are the same as ae71...?

seek
25th August 2007, 01:15 PM
nah, i must keep the uber spirit lines along the side of the car, hence i need spirit panels.

ae71
25th August 2007, 01:47 PM
nah, i must keep the uber spirit lines along the side of the car, hence i need spirit panels.[/b]

im fairly damn sure that he dosent.

you could easily get some new ones made ;)

talk to nick (shamrock stickers) he should be able to help you out.

brad
25th August 2007, 05:11 PM
yeah i have no spare pannels, havent had a reason to get some, yet...
i would be keen to grab a new set of stickers for the car so if someone can make some up that would be tops
took her for a real drive today, found a couple of nice roads but ended up on some gravel road, was fun.
thanks for the comments

brad
21st September 2007, 09:30 PM
well havent updated it for a while, mainly because not much has changed
i played around with the tune abit more, now it wont stop hitting the 7k rev limiter. time to get it back on the dyno and change some of the high rpm maps and prolly bump the limiter up to 8ish.
i have some trd springs and 272 cams to go in aswell, so i may fit these before then, hopefully get a thin head gasket also. Not sure how the 3rib bottom end will handle it for much longer, not overly fussed cause i have some other ideas i would like to try.
i also gave the bank account a work out. so will hopefully have some better suspension in it soon, as i had a bit of a moment the other day.
i want to find some good roads soon, so if any one in tas is keen let me know.
brad

ae71
22nd September 2007, 12:41 PM
brad, personally i would be keeping the limiter at 7k, with basicly the rest of the motor standard (to my knowledge std cams etc) you wouldn't really be making a heap of power up there anyway. i would rather save a few revs and have my motor last heaps more.

brad
22nd September 2007, 04:29 PM
brad, personally i would be keeping the limiter at 7k, with basicly the rest of the motor standard (to my knowledge std cams etc) you wouldn't really be making a heap of power up there anyway. i would rather save a few revs and have my motor last heaps more.[/b]

haha, there is no way it going to stay at 7k, if it blows up i will put someting better in it.
power wise its still making good power at 7, so i will take it to where it starts to fall over.
thanks for your concerns anyway :2thumbs:

Snoozy
22nd September 2007, 07:51 PM
Dump it

ae71
23rd September 2007, 12:42 PM
eerrr well if you dont want it ill take the 4ag :P

brad
23rd September 2007, 06:21 PM
Dump it[/b]

lol, suspension set up should see it sitting a little lower, cant go to low as i have to be able to drive in my driveway :angry:

eerrr well if you dont want it ill take the 4ag :P[/b]

yeah you can have the bottom end when im finished with it, no problems...

ae71
23rd September 2007, 10:18 PM
how long til you will be finnished with it? when it breaks? :P

dude, dont worry about driveways.. i just lowered my car another 1-2" the other week.

if you have to make a ramp

brad
6th October 2007, 08:23 PM
how long til you will be finnished with it? when it breaks? :P[/b]

well im finished with it now.
i am considering a big part out of engine and engine parts soon, as i need money.
also bought some suspension stuff ajps just waiting for it to arrive now :sleepy:

Snoozy
7th October 2007, 04:26 PM
<{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=409077)
how long til you will be finnished with it? when it breaks? :P[/b]

well im finished with it now.
i am considering a big part out of engine and engine parts soon, as i need money.
also bought some suspension stuff ajps just waiting for it to arrive now :sleepy:
[/b]

Brad you know im keen on parts.
have money waiting bruz
grab my number off murray if you part it out

bummer about the 4A dude

stefan
7th October 2007, 05:09 PM
ultimate sleeper very nice fule system btw and mega clean engine bay!

brad
7th October 2007, 08:01 PM
Brad you know im keen on parts.
have money waiting bruz
grab my number off murray if you part it out

bummer about the 4A dude

yeah daim ill get intouch with you soon, i have to see what parts i will still need for the next engine first

ultimate sleeper very nice fule system btw and mega clean engine bay![/b]

thanks dude, its nice when people notice the effort that went in.

ae71
8th October 2007, 12:48 PM
fuck yeah, its tidy as hell..

well if you are thinking about parting it out the motor...

let me know... i maybe interested in the whole motor/parts.

brad
24th June 2008, 11:46 AM
its been a while since i last updated,
here is a pic of whats changed:
engine
[attachment=27440:DSC00115.JPG]
silver top 20v makes 90rwkw still running on the haltech e6x,
car
[attachment=27441:DSC00113_2.jpg]
has coilovers with 6kg springs in front and 4kg springs in rear.
jdm 86 brakes etc
brad

keto
24th June 2008, 03:48 PM
fuck thats a clean conversion! very nice

RobertoX
24th June 2008, 04:01 PM
nice!

Clinton
24th June 2008, 04:09 PM
how good is your engine bay? i wish i could say the same for my spirit haha.. it looks like tangler the pokemon

browneye
24th June 2008, 10:21 PM
Good work Brad...

Thought you had fallen off the side of the Earth lol...

Looks very neat and unassuming,...who would suspect that could blow your doors off???

Can you pm me your number please, need to speak to you about tuning, custom extractors etc...

Regards

Scott

ae71
24th June 2008, 10:38 PM
yeah, this car has been off the road way way way tooo long.

MountainRunner
24th June 2008, 10:40 PM
those trumpets Are TUFF! what type are they!

Snoozy
25th June 2008, 10:10 AM
Yeh thats tuff brad
bring it to basky this saturday

brad
25th June 2008, 10:58 AM
thanks for the comments guys.
trumpets are of a carby, i bought them off here.
its not ready for the track yet and either am i.
next step is to make up a set of tunned lenght extractors and 2.5 system, its only running on a standard 16v cast manifold atm and it hurts it a bit higher in the revs.

browneye
25th June 2008, 11:10 AM
Make me up a set too, but for 16v, cash waiting...

Regards

Scott

Snoozy
26th June 2008, 01:22 PM
Atleast bring her down to watch.
yeh i hear this zorst will be a piece of work

taz_rx
26th June 2008, 02:01 PM
Are you the young Brad who works at Boost?

If so, thanx for fixing that dump pipe for me! :2thumbs: You weren't around when I picked it up.

My rolla is in there today on the dyno, but you probably already know that. :whistling:

japlish
26th June 2008, 03:14 PM
nice car mate,

on the exhaust subject i wouldn't go any bigger than 2 1/4 inch cause its a waste of time.

ae71
26th June 2008, 07:55 PM
depends on the muffelers, and for high revs..?

yeah si thats the same guy

DRFTPG
27th June 2008, 12:43 PM
nice conversion!!
just need to lower it now

brad
27th June 2008, 03:37 PM
sorry daim i wont b able to make it down this weekend and i think a will do a couple of club days before i try sliding it properly,

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Taz_rx @ Jun 26 2008, 01:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=552748)</div>
Are you the young Brad who works at Boost?

If so, thanx for fixing that dump pipe for me! :2thumbs: You weren't around when I picked it up.

My rolla is in there today on the dyno, but you probably already know that. :whistling:[/b]

yeah i work at boost, I'm on holidays atm so prolly wont see ur car, hope that it goes well. i still think ur mad tho..

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (japlish @ Jun 26 2008, 02:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=552788)</div>
nice car mate,

on the exhaust subject i wouldn't go any bigger than 2 1/4 inch cause its a waste of time.[/b]

2.5 will work nicely.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SON57A @ Jun 27 2008, 11:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=553316)</div>
nice conversion!!
just need to lower it now[/b]

thanks,
i don't think i will go much lower, its only got 13s on rear and 14s on front, ill c how it looks with 15s when i get some money.

Sherlock
27th June 2008, 03:51 PM
Clean ass conversion there. 20V looks mint in the engine bay.

And I like your ride height, it's practical and also wont draw in any un-wanted PoPo attention.

toyota2cam
29th June 2008, 09:04 PM
i wish i never sold this car fukin neat as
you done a great job bro

taz_rx
30th June 2008, 11:10 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (brad @ Jun 27 2008, 02:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=553385)</div>
yeah i work at boost, I'm on holidays atm so prolly wont see ur car, hope that it goes well. i still think ur mad tho..[/b]

Why thankyou.... I think! :D Made 100rwkw b4 the clutch started to give out.

Is there any corollas in Tassie you haven't owned Q!?

ae71
1st July 2008, 03:43 PM
mine lol

brad
3rd August 2008, 07:02 PM
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/board/in...showtopic=35034 (http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/board/index.php?showtopic=35034) :confused:

Snoozy
4th August 2008, 03:46 PM
don't do it.