PDA

View Full Version : Daves KETO Project

Dave
28th July 2007, 08:40 PM
:greenbounce: aquired a stocko original auto 4k Kesev for 200 bucks, good condition aside from cracked dash, fucked seats and lots of rust spots,

so far have fitted my 86 wheels and recaros and started stripping the paint back, there is no rush to paint this car so I have stripped it to a shell, paint strippered it and bought bog, primer, filler, sanding paper, stripper, a block, masking, brushes, etc... everything I could need

for colour I have chosen to go with a Panda Yellow/black ( john deer yellow and gloss black ). as the paint is well and truly shagged.

I have left original springs in there as I'm not interested in cut springs, will remove motor and trans tomoro and paint strip engine bay and paint in there also.... got a week to spend on her so going to take my time and make sure it comes out sweet :)

pics up soon, cheers guys, Dave :)

slide86
28th July 2007, 08:54 PM
post in members ride thread with pics.

moving there now

Bustin_86
28th July 2007, 08:57 PM
You are kidding about the brushes right?

hilton
28th July 2007, 09:20 PM
probly to apply paint stripper or that sealer shit to seams?

Bustin_86
28th July 2007, 10:36 PM
Yeah probably...

Just thought we were about to see one sick DIY paint job :P

Dave
28th July 2007, 10:38 PM
for appling paint stripper * nods * :)

have air compressor and gun. but wont be doing that till perfect..... trying to start the thing and when I turn the ignition nothing happens, it's auto and the battery has been charged.... would this be the auto safety switch ??? the shifter is fair sloppy

slide86
28th July 2007, 10:44 PM
hold it on start and move the shifter you will soon find where and and P are to get it started

Dave
28th July 2007, 10:46 PM
tried that...didnt work.... none of the interior lights or accesories worked... I fiddled with the auto connection and they started working :S

Dave
28th July 2007, 10:54 PM
tomorow the fun starts :P fitting the 4ac and 5 speed, I'm only trying to get the 4k running cause I'm giving it to a mate and wanna make sure it runs well..... was there a good power gain when any of you guys went from 4k to 4ac in a kesev ?

Bustin_86
28th July 2007, 10:56 PM
My mate ddi it, good difference.

Also, much better fuel economy!

Dave
28th July 2007, 10:59 PM
hrmmm I'm getting excited.... it's a high compression 4ac, extreme clutch, modified intake and locked s series diff :)

Dave
28th July 2007, 11:39 PM
stripper was like 30 bucks from paint stripper and is best shit ever
enamel black paint 30
enamel yellow 30
filler 30
bog 40

list goes on
I spent 270

Dave
29th July 2007, 12:28 AM
pics of the kesev when I got it off the trailer

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/8/4/3/151817.jpg
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/8/4/3/151818.jpg
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/8/4/3/151819.jpg
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/8/4/3/151820.jpg
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/8/4/3/151821.jpg
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/8/4/3/151822.jpg

James86
29th July 2007, 01:11 AM
oh my god those rear guards are fucked
how much will it cost to hire the cement mixer to mix the bog? :P

Dave
29th July 2007, 01:21 AM
dude can you seriously just save the smart ass comments, I just wrote off my un insured 86, this is all I can afford .... so have a little bit of consideration thanks. Dave

ke70dave
29th July 2007, 12:07 PM
don't worry about them mate, looks like a good start project, good to see you got a flat front.

I'm very keen to see how the painting goes, how come the paint was so cheap? I was expecting like $300+ for paint? is it proper car paint?

1JZ Z20
29th July 2007, 04:18 PM
very nice start there dave.

how you going to fix up the rust in the rear? just bog?

once when the 4ac is in let me know how it goes as I'm 4ac-ing my kesev too soon.

can't wait to see finish product.

Heng.

Clinton
29th July 2007, 07:09 PM
whoa I've never seen a pink and purple pinstripe. that looks fuckin sick. I am in love with the pin stripe

crackett
29th July 2007, 07:10 PM
oh my god those rear guards are fucked
how much will it cost to hire the cement mixer to mix the bog? :P[/b]

I loled!

anyways, is this paint job gunna end up similar to your last one?

keep us updated :2thumbs:

Dave
29th July 2007, 08:37 PM
no it wont, paint was from paint supplies hence price, I have spent 4 hours on the rear door repairing rust, bogging, and sanding to bare metal..... I plan to spend much time on this car, engine is out... swapping pedal box and crossmember tomoro... pics soon :D

RobertoX
29th July 2007, 08:47 PM
dude if someone gives you the slightest bit of shit or makes a joke you arc up

chill out and have fun with the ke70

Dave
29th July 2007, 09:12 PM
I am having fun with the ke70 and I'm not arcing up... id like for once for people to just keep there negative shit to themselves...as I have asked you before david. if people where going around making jokes about ajps and badmouthing it you would get pissed off also.

I have just lost a couple thousand dollars and ratehr than quite the toyota game. I'm coming back bigger and bolder and doing things properly and hoping to make the craziest jap style kesev in adelaide :D

Gavatron
30th July 2007, 12:40 AM
Good luck Dave. I thought I had the motivation to repair those guards, but I didn't it seems.

RobertoX
30th July 2007, 08:59 AM
I am having fun with the ke70 and I'm not arcing up... id like for once for people to just keep there negative shit to themselves...as I have asked you before david. if people where going around making jokes about ajps and badmouthing it you would get pissed off also.

I have just lost a couple thousand dollars and ratehr than quite the toyota game. <be>I'm coming back bigger and bolder and doing things properly and hoping to make the craziest jap style kesev in adelaide :D</be>[/b]

this sounds like a certain orange sprinter

note: I'm NOT giving you shit

but you can't claim to have the most sikkizt ke70 with a 4ac (unless it's turbo of course haha)

good luck with it

you know who has the d0p3 parts for j00!

I also want to see burn out pics

haado gei
30th July 2007, 11:54 AM
^^^ lolol.

sad to hear about your ae86 :(
good luck with the ke. do you have many parts to transfer over ?

James86
30th July 2007, 05:49 PM
dude can you seriously just save the smart ass comments, I just wrote off my un insured 86, this is all I can afford .... so have a little bit of consideration thanks. Dave[/b]

cry me a river
twas a joke.

RobertoX
30th July 2007, 07:23 PM
DAVE: I have some 5kg front springs for your ke, UNCUT brand new

should be win max for joo

Dave
30th July 2007, 10:09 PM
how much dude.... I just spent 2 hours sanding the bare metal boot and filling badge holes and trying to get it as mint as possible.... going to go to jew pull it and get four more rustless doors and a rear quarter for the car.... don't want rust on this car. and yes I think I know what your refering to... the biggest best drift car in adelaide that never saw the track and is now on toymods being parted out as a Ex drift car :P * note my sickest ke70 in adelaide was a joke also lol * hektic bro....how many subs will I fit in the keto boot ROFL

Dave
30th July 2007, 10:14 PM
was more thinking of 8kg springs for the front though or AJPS coil overs in the very soon future though * thinking face*

Dave
1st August 2007, 09:39 PM
UPDATAGE

4k + auto removed, my wheels are on but being replace by dished meshiies soon, engine bay empty and being rubbed back for priming, going to u pull it this weekend to find old honda accord... saw one today and the quads look perfect size and width with grill for kesev.... but im now stuck... i have decided yellow black panda will look shit house.... thinking just gloss black with black/chrome lip meshies, quads, and flared guards.... and colour suggestions ? dave

MINIHORSE
1st August 2007, 10:03 PM
DAVE: I have some 5kg front springs for your ke, UNCUT brand new

should be win max for joo[/b]

Tell him its 8's or nothing

MINIHORSE
1st August 2007, 10:03 PM
was more thinking of 8kg springs for the front though or AJPS coil overs in the very soon future though * thinking face*[/b]

ZOMG he actually said it

Dave
1st August 2007, 10:08 PM
ZING noted quoted WIN etc etc etc... dave learnt something !!!!! :o

Dave
1st August 2007, 10:49 PM
UPDATE http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/8/4/3/152011.jpg

Dave
1st August 2007, 10:50 PM
gave up on the doors... they have rust... getting 4 good doors of emd so when i take them off will do in door jams and everywhere :) thinking strongly of going gloss black :D, proper shiney black paint with lots of preperation and painted by a pro ( family friend )

James86
2nd August 2007, 02:22 PM
^Do it
dont do another rattle can job.

this could be very cool car if you do it all properly. black and chrome bumpers would look mint.

1JZ Z20
2nd August 2007, 07:21 PM
Looking good mate.

Its getting there :2thumbs:

good luck with it.

Dave
2nd August 2007, 08:43 PM
looking at genuine jap ke70 quad front with jdm polished bumpers and chrome fender mirrors.... waiting to see how much money i get of parts sales after i pay slippry for meshies. :)

and 4ac is temporary whilst me and darren build 4agte :)

obey wan boenny
2nd August 2007, 08:47 PM
gloss/jet black would look farking ace!!

Dave
2nd August 2007, 08:55 PM
a nice dark black with proper jdm front, polished bumpers, spirit lip, quads and meshies and all holes filled and just everything smooth as is my goal.... just have to fix the rust in the frame first :(

hilton
2nd August 2007, 09:42 PM
and all holes filled and just everything smooth as is my goal[/b]
yeh same story fo rme, except i know im guna go out on track and spin otu and go ff the track and probly hit a few things and fuck it up all again, so im not gunna bother so much now lol :P

Dave
2nd August 2007, 09:47 PM
lol yeah im gunna try and have this look like some full on purist ke... spend reidiculous amounts on it :)

mike86
4th August 2007, 03:43 PM
KE + gloss black + ssr meshies = WIN

Dave
8th August 2007, 10:38 PM
decided on doing it white with black bonnet, simple, easy, wont attract as much police attention, matches plates and will blend with door james and rest of car etc....

1JZ Z20
8th August 2007, 10:54 PM
Updates? and with pics :rolleyes:

Dave
8th August 2007, 11:06 PM
no pics atm, but its now running, engine is being built, just fitted corona arms and am looking at best suspension set up atm

stefan
9th August 2007, 04:08 PM
keep it up and it will be drivable soon and you dont have messies yet you must pay for em first

Dave
10th August 2007, 08:52 PM
isnt it funny how the deals change soon as u get what YOU want !

hilton
10th August 2007, 09:07 PM
hahaha yep^

Dave
11th August 2007, 06:59 PM
update.... fitted quads today :) also fitted a lawn edging lip, finished with the corona arms, bought a CSX centre console, lever surround and under pocked for glove box and a centre that goes between centre and dash consoles.... vinyl sprayed all parts gloss black and fitted, looks awesome, fitted a braided line and my hks oil gauge also and just did some small things here and there... :) pics soon

hilton
11th August 2007, 07:10 PM
update.... fitted quads today :) also fitted a lawn edging lip, finished with the corona arms, bought a CSX centre console, lever surround and under pocked for glove box and a centre that goes between centre and dash consoles.... vinyl sprayed all parts gloss black and fitted, looks awesome, fitted a braided line and my hks oil gauge also and just did some small things here and there... :) pics soon[/b]
get pics up man sounds good.

Dave
13th August 2007, 07:27 PM
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/1/6/3/553320.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v509/vltken/Image004.jpg

as promised.... quads and vinyl black centre consoles added... planning to do all interior vinyl gloss black color, let me know what u think :) dave

Madgarbage
13th August 2007, 07:33 PM
looking good man quadies look smik as good luk with it

Dave
13th August 2007, 07:42 PM
im a bit worried that theyr a bit to far in ... thinking of putting some spacers to bring them level with the bonnet they are out of a datsun 180b sss, also did the lawn edging lip :P

paulie
13th August 2007, 07:45 PM
ADM quads FTL

Dave
13th August 2007, 07:47 PM
:| thanks ..... but dude id rather spend 20 on adm quads than be a fucking moron and spend up to a grand for a JDM front

i like it... my cars so pshhhh i culdnt care about ur negativity :)

funny to heard a adm/jdm purist style remark from someone with nissan poo under the bonnet

paulie
13th August 2007, 07:55 PM
LOL ARK UP SON!
for the record my quads cost under 100..

Dave
13th August 2007, 08:01 PM
im not arking up. FFS all i did was put up a pic for people who like what im doing, if u dont like it dont post... jesus. keep ur negative shit to urself .

mike86
13th August 2007, 08:10 PM
ADM quads FTL[/b]

dunno what ur on about man, i think they look pretty mean. are you gonna go chrome bumpers?

Dave
13th August 2007, 08:15 PM
trying to find some T series bumpers but not having much luck with it i think im just going to spray the whole car gloss black with chrome bumper, quads and deep dish wheels and leave it at that.... have shaved all rear holes on the boot and am going to rig up the boot release cable from the 86 for it.

obey wan boenny
13th August 2007, 08:23 PM
hey mang, car's coming along nicely (y) , just don't take in any negative comments that don't help you, it alway's works for me and saves yourself from getting into quarrels. :) hope to see more pics soon though :P

peace.

1JZ Z20
13th August 2007, 08:26 PM
ey Dave mate have to say man this thing id coming up nicely..

cant wait to see it finished

Don't worry bout them negitive comments

take it easy mate

PS: wheres the engine bay pics :P

paulie
13th August 2007, 08:26 PM
trying to find some T series bumpers but not having much luck with it i think im just going to spray the whole car gloss black with chrome bumper, quads and deep dish wheels and leave it at that.... have shaved all rear holes on the boot and am going to rig up the boot release cable from the 86 for it.[/b]

Try toyoland for bumpers.. they have em there for a reasonable price...

Dave
13th August 2007, 08:31 PM
will take some more tomoro 1J hoping to finish bare metal sanding and have it in primer. ( possibaly even painted ) by this time next week.... still got to but the solid tail shaft in along with locked s series diff, paint it, finish all the fuel lines and stuff and just neaten engine bay up :) thanks guys

driftism
15th August 2007, 04:33 PM
don't space out the quads, they look heaps weird poking out past the bonnet edge.

Dave
15th August 2007, 07:55 PM
the picture doesnt show it but they are a bit to far in. i want to bring them maybe half a inch in from the bonnet edge.. also have to make some kind of grill, been coming home from work daily and just feeling to lazy to even look at it

Dave
20th August 2007, 12:11 AM
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/1/6/3/553333.jpg

paulie
20th August 2007, 12:22 AM
corona lights work better

Dave
20th August 2007, 12:28 AM
yeah had some trouble finding some rona lights, but i also wanted a diff look.... the 180b sss lights arent too bad, but the grill and mounting the indicator is proving difficult.

hilton
20th August 2007, 09:01 AM
looks sweet man, u doing that panda yellow? i recon it will look good with them rims and when you slam it a bit hey.

:2thumbs: lookin good!

Dave
20th August 2007, 09:21 PM
not gunna do the yellow... will look shit, just gloss black with chrome grill and light surrounds, chrome fender mirrors, and black vinyl interior with nardi wheel :)

Dave
21st August 2007, 11:56 PM
the idea off mat black is appealing to me atm :S

obey wan boenny
22nd August 2007, 12:01 AM
nooo00000000!!! matt black has been done over and over again, it'll be too cliche. :o

Bustin_86
22nd August 2007, 12:02 AM
It will certainly be different :lol:

Dave
22nd August 2007, 12:13 AM
lol..... im getting impatient.... i want this driving....

paulie
22nd August 2007, 12:25 AM
Matt black looks sick if done properly.. ie no rattle can job.
Theres one matt black KE in blackwood, looks patchy as.. Do it properly and apply it thick if you choose matt blac..

Matt black KE with black wheels will look SIK,, Pig's FTW

Konakid
22nd August 2007, 12:31 AM
I have never seen a matt black ke in my life

stefan
22nd August 2007, 01:08 AM
mmmm dave and spray cans winning combo

waits 5 minutes then get fired up

driftism
22nd August 2007, 10:53 AM
Do it rat rod style, not matt black... but SATIN :) much better yes yes

Dave
22nd August 2007, 08:14 PM
atm i have like 3 litres of gloss black enamel.... tis either that or satin black..... clean simple with a slight touch of pig ftw....

sly1300
23rd August 2007, 01:56 AM
dave. NO spray can jobs.... youve spent too much time and effort tidying up the body to wreck all your hard work with a pressure pack spray job. :( that poor red sprinter..... how much grief did i give ya every time u came in the servo. lol

forget the matt/satin or gloss black... you know the friendy hills pigs will be on your case a.s.a.p. fuck that.

go with your original plan of yellow panda, but mask it all off properly and get ur mate to paint it.. it'll look killer.

do it, go the angry bumblebee kesev.

p.s the quads look hot, dont throw out your old front.... ill need some bits of it soon :)

pebbles
23rd August 2007, 02:49 AM
imo go with satin black, and chrome bumpers, dont go matt black, satin is so much beter, wel it will be for this anyway,
the quads look alright, they dont look like they needa be spaced, but then again i aint seen it in the flesh,
anyways, so is the 4ac in? how far u from getting it running? or is it running already?

Dave
23rd August 2007, 10:53 PM
lol thanks georgy ..... yes u gave me a LOT of shit . infact u bansticked me from the servo. no im not pressure packing it

4ac is in and running, just need some time to put my locked S series in, find a way to fit the ae86/ae82 fwd style radiator, then do tailshaft and just rig up fuel lines and fit exhaust. ive had it running already and sounded good, my 4age is on the way so this motor will get a realllll hiding ..... i thrashed it bad in the 86 and it didnt die... maybe i shuld turbo this one just to kill it :)

kravit
23rd August 2007, 11:02 PM
Looks like alot of effort, might aswell finish job right.

Dave
23rd August 2007, 11:11 PM
there has been a rediculous amount of effort... i dont even know if im keeping it. my HR truck licence will cost 1600 so chances are ill finish it and sell it to pay for my licence

Dave
26th August 2007, 04:46 PM
car is for sale.... unfinished without recaros $800 cash, comes with a few boxes of toyota spares, roof pillars and bonnet have been painted black, has both quads, but only one side of car is in primer. just do not have the time to work on this car anymore.

0407 394 768