PDA

View Full Version : wondering if anyone wants to help me out

pieman18
25th December 2008, 06:35 PM
ive recently had my guards lipped and lowered my car a bit more and fiddled with my tie rods and control arm bolts and such and as a result the steering alignment has been knocked out slightly, the steering also feels a lot lighter than it did previously.

i believe it just needs an alignment BUT mechanics and tyre shops etc, dont know how we want it camber wise and such, and they line the wheels up dead straight with no camber if they can help it. and i know this is the way it should be but its not the way i like it. i recently went for a ride in 'resol's' car and it has the perfect amount of camber and toe in and the steering feels really steady and solid.

my question is: would anyone on here possibly be interested in aligning my wheels for me? i would pay or shout a slab or something, watever, i just wanna know i anyone would be interested.

last time i payed fkn 250 bucks for an alignment and ill be fucked if im spending that again.

so anyway, let me know if ur interested and we'll go from there

thanks guys ;)

shift_rook
25th December 2008, 07:22 PM
hey mate, when we figure out our wheel allignment kit i'll do yours. haha, i'll have a practice on my car

rthy
25th December 2008, 08:36 PM
i went to tyre power and they can set it to wat ever u want, they do alot of open wheeliers/club cars and coilover stuff as well, cost $75

julzy
25th December 2008, 08:36 PM
I could do it at work but major effort,

just take it to a Tyre/alignment shop and ask for the specs you want

resol
25th December 2008, 10:11 PM
lol i'll do it for ya mate. simple as looking at it, adjusting by eye then quick test drive and adjust accordingly.

most good tyre/wheel alignment places should be able to adjust correctly to your specs. i suggest maximum castor possible ( i believe its usually around the 4 degree mark stock), and depending on driving style etc -3camber, and neutral toe. but thats me.

shouldnt cost more then 40-70 for that, depending if you have camber tops or not

Intense
26th December 2008, 12:31 AM
I goto knox tyrepower and they have been great, 50 bucks or something for an alignment and you can tell them exactly what specs you want and you get a printout as well

blacktopspirit
26th December 2008, 10:06 PM
I have never paid over $35 for an alignment! I give them my a bit of paper with what I want and they give me the car back with what I asked for...

Hokey
5th January 2009, 12:32 PM
a proper wheel allignment is much better than one done by eye. you should only adjust it by eye so that you can make it to the wheel allignment place and possible test skids on the way :P

depending on how adjustable your suspension is it should be around 50 for stockish suspension and work its way up from there.

shakes
5th January 2009, 12:41 PM
a proper wheel allignment is much better than one done by eye. you should only adjust it by eye so that you can make it to the wheel allignment place and possible test skids on the way :P

depending on how adjustable your suspension is it should be around 50 for stockish suspension and work its way up from there.

agree'd, it's damn easy to get half a degree out from one side to the other and that can make all the difference in something thats nice to something that is a pig to drive.