PDA

View Full Version : Vid of me at ADD Drift Australia practice day

MARKE70
25th August 2007, 11:57 AM
Hey guys,

well here's the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4LRrAdRJJk

I'm actually after some opinions from the phootage also. The first set of tyres were near new Toyo Trampio's and i really liked the feel of them - very very grippy, but as you can see my entries were dog shit on them and the car didn't quite have the power to pull the whole way through turn six meaning i had to have less angle to prevent straightening early. These grippy tyres however were awesome going in to the cross over i was able to do it super fast in third,

then the slippery second hand 14's - entires were better still crap but better, and it drifted turn six better (line and angle) but as you can see it is impossible to do the crossover anywhere near as fast as on the toyo's.

So in your opinion which tyres were better???

Thanks,

Was my first time tandeming and it was sooooo much fun like a whole new element of drift, and my first video edit too so hope yas like it, its a bit dark in parts cos it was part sunlight part darkness so cam was confused lol

johl
25th August 2007, 12:28 PM
i want to make sweet sweet love to u mark.... lol i think the first set were better cuz u were goin bullshit fast through the crossover. maybe u just needed to get that new pulley kit to do turn 6... umm sorry i mean TOYO SMOKESCREEN!!!!!!!! rofl...

rthy
25th August 2007, 01:04 PM
oooooOOOooohhhhhhhhhhh mmmmmmmmmmyyyyyyyy ggggggggggGGGgggoooooooOOOOOOODDDDdddd

Stain
25th August 2007, 03:03 PM
Who ever was holding the camera would want to stop *fap* *fap* *fap* fapping... -_- dunno wtf that was in the background noise but it was annoying as hell hah.
Some nice slides tho! :)

stefan
25th August 2007, 03:14 PM
not bad at all

v-tec
25th August 2007, 05:41 PM
Sign my chest... please...

lol good stuff Mark, i cant wait to get back out there and try keep up with you lol.

Hopefully drift state ey

57ompa
25th August 2007, 08:05 PM
Nice work dude.

lo_rolla
27th August 2007, 05:54 PM
Hey man whats up, long time no see, vid looks good. You'll have to help me out with my car.

Nice work.

dr1ft-pig
27th August 2007, 06:59 PM
nice vid mark, ur pretty good, i wanna see u and grant do tandem runs :)

MARKE70
27th August 2007, 08:50 PM
hahahahaha thanks and you will you will

keiichi
29th August 2007, 01:59 AM
mate i only needed to see the first 3 minutes of that. was watching your line, speed and angle. as far as im concerned, youre one of the best aussie drifters ive seen out there, and im serious. there were obvious moments that werent perfect, but hey, you were practicing. and especially good for a corolla. vid was great to watch, very refreshing, im sick of seeing silly smoke shows with expensive cars flopping all over the place (im refering to DA). speed ftw. the faster you go while sideways the better. well done champ :2thumbs:

MARKE70
29th August 2007, 08:06 PM
wow thanks man!!!! that means heaps cheers,

i was playing around alot (trying different lines and so on) so it looks weird in places but i learnt stuff from that so it was good

yer im not sure i like the direction DA is going but ah well ill keep doing my thing and see how we go,

seriously thinking of doing karting competitively and just doing drift for fun but i dont know we'll see.

samoo
29th August 2007, 10:49 PM
man that run with u and tim is INSANEEEE!!!!! great stuff

hilton
29th August 2007, 11:25 PM
hey man is that the video u were telling me about?

tis wikid, good work man, looks so fun.

guna be there suday??

gotta catch up.

lookin good man :2thumbs:

keiichi
30th August 2007, 01:31 AM

i was playing around alot (trying different lines and so on) so it looks weird in places but i learnt stuff from that so it was good

yer im not sure i like the direction DA is going but ah well ill keep doing my thing and see how we go,

seriously thinking of doing karting competitively and just doing drift for fun but i dont know we'll see.[/b]

i agree with you about the DA direction. just make sure your not one of those guys who but massive v8's in there cars and rb26dett's etc just so they can make insane smoke. i almost hate that now.

orange32
30th August 2007, 12:00 PM

seriously thinking of doing karting competitively and just doing drift for fun but i dont know we'll see.[/b]

don't be naive fiat. If you start karting the corolla will be for sale when you need to upgrade something on the kart due to apprenticeship wages. Don't do it mate. I know who much you love that car.

Gilly
30th August 2007, 01:57 PM
PROPS!!

you should see this #####h on a unicycle, loving 1:59 the appearance of the infmaous "Mr Bellotto wide brim" :P

you know i love your skills

have to chat soon ;)

EDIT: check this silky smooth shit, archifield one of our local queensland tracks

johl
31st August 2007, 12:33 AM
someone should definately sponsor this kid... apprentice wages just cant keep him competitive for long...*cough*site sponsors....*cough*

MARKE70
31st August 2007, 06:28 PM
hahahahahaa thanks guys, Zaccy the corolla will allways come first and i will only do karting if i can do it cheaply (my cousin has one he doesn't use anymore) etc etc. but yer prob will never happen but we'll see,

Thanks Johl it is hard i have no life, i earn 350ish a week and spend 60 of it on fuel and thats pretty much it lol its all good i love it and if i get sponsored then fantastic it would help heaps and i could become more competitive but we shall see.

and thanks gilly your opion counts heaps cheers!!!!!!