PDA

View Full Version : RWD HYUNDAI?!?!

eastcoastdrifter
7th September 2007, 04:41 AM
Posted from a another site:

Well we're not sure if it's going to carry the name ‘Tiburon', but Hyundai is working on a RWD coupe that it hopes will compete with other upper class coupes like the BMW 3-Series and Infiniti's G37. It is expected to carry Hyundai's new Tau V8 engine which is capable of producing 300 horsepower, so it might just give BMW and Infiniti a run for the money.

Hyundai has recently been very serious about targeting the luxury car market in the United States. The company has already confirmed a luxury sedan that will debut in 2008, and had a very successful launch of the Hyundai Genesis Concept at the 2007 New York Auto Show.

We just have one question concerning these images. Couldn't Hyundai find more open space to test a 300 horsepower rear-wheel-drive coupe.

http://www.egmcartech.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/05/spy_shots_hyundai_rwd_coupe_1.jpg

http://www.egmcartech.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/05/spy_shots_hyundai_rwd_coupe_2.jpg

http://www.egmcartech.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/05/spy_shots_hyundai_rwd_coupe_5.jpg

Blood Child
7th September 2007, 05:41 AM
if it comes with a ridiculously low price tag, that might be just the thing to convince me to give hyundai a fair go.
...if it's even released here.

kravit
7th September 2007, 08:42 AM
Im not sure if i be trusting quality of it

MountainRunner
7th September 2007, 08:57 AM
dont look like a v8 :S

us_ae86
7th September 2007, 09:05 AM
What site did you snag this from?

NVM.....
http://www.autoblog.com/2007/07/30/confirm...eplacement-rwd/ (http://www.autoblog.com/2007/07/30/confirmed-hyundai-making-tiburon-replacement-rwd/)

breno
7th September 2007, 09:21 AM
The engine is pretty much a sr20, Hyundai bought the specs from Nissan so atleast there is something decent in the car :P
I think there aim is to sell it for less than 20g aswell.

riojin
7th September 2007, 10:54 AM
a hyundai is a hyundai. cheap pieces of unreliable shit

GAKI86
7th September 2007, 02:13 PM
QUALITY??

yet we still prefer our sprinters and other corollas n shit!!! you call that quality?

as long as its cheap and its rwd you can do sik skids bro!!

hatzo
7th September 2007, 07:27 PM
Hyundais unreliable?

My mate had an excel as a company car , and he gave it hell.
Used the revlimiter a shift light every time he took off
did a few jumps in it. He went for a thrash around a big padock , donig ringines on rev limited
for 5 minutes straight , and it finally showed engine troubles (rooted the rings.)
and some more very stupid things ..

I don't think a 4age could do that .

jono86
7th September 2007, 07:39 PM
true my mates mum ran hers to 130,000ks without a sevice....... took it in, they change the oil, pads, disks and a couple of bushes and shes away again.....

wooley
7th September 2007, 08:04 PM
The engine is pretty much a sr20, Hyundai bought the specs from Nissan so atleast there is something decent in the car :P
I think there aim is to sell it for less than 20g aswell.[/b]

lol at under 20 grand!
no chance in hell. the current tiburon is 35g.
and its a really nice car actually. id drive one.
the quality of hyundais is actually great.

Konakid
7th September 2007, 08:40 PM
I think i can see the melted down remnants of my ae71's bumpers in the plastic inlet manifold.....

wooley
7th September 2007, 08:45 PM
I think i can see the melted down remnants of my ae71's bumpers in the plastic inlet manifold.....[/b]

rofl.

RobertoX
7th September 2007, 08:47 PM
Hyundais unreliable?

My mate had an excel as a company car , and he gave it hell.
Used the revlimiter a shift light every time he took off
did a few jumps in it. He went for a thrash around a big padock , donig ringines on rev limited
for 5 minutes straight , and it finally showed engine troubles (rooted the rings.)
and some more very stupid things ..

I don't think a 4age could do that .[/b]

dude simon michaelmores smallport is all im going to say

hyundais are built to last..............5 years or until warranty runs out

Dave
7th September 2007, 09:27 PM
what about simon ? i see him daily lol. he works at chevalier auto mt barker

Bustin_86
10th September 2007, 12:43 PM
Its a trick.... they have just put a false cover on the top to simulate "Rwd sportiness"... hahaha

I remember reading about some model of Tiburon in Motor, and they said that they (hyundai) had designed a cam cover that made the engine look like it was n/s layout, rather than e/w... i laughed at that.

dr1ft-pig
10th September 2007, 12:45 PM
who does that.... thats how we all know hyundai is gay

Bustin_86
10th September 2007, 01:00 PM
Yeah fairly wakk stuff.

Ah well, its all marketing ploys i suppose :lol:

driftism
10th September 2007, 02:07 PM
by the look of it, It has coil on plug ignition that should be stolen and put on a 4age... :)

chapl
10th September 2007, 02:18 PM
by the look of it, It has coil on plug ignition that should be stolen and put on a 4age... :)[/b]

+1

unit101
10th September 2007, 04:13 PM
You are all gay for even talking about a Hyundai in this forum...........That is all!

Rolla Train
12th September 2007, 05:38 PM
a v8 hyundia? somethings not right there...

ae71
12th September 2007, 06:28 PM
i dont want to die so i wont buy one... safety rating zero, i dont know why they even bother putting a seatbelt in them. your still going to die if you crash