PDA

View Full Version : roadworthys

ae86
11th April 2009, 02:03 PM
anyone know someone or a place whos pretty leanant and will only just look at what the car is defected for and ignore if there is anything else wrong ?
prefered in the west.
if so please pm me details,
dave.

.ady
11th April 2009, 03:01 PM
what did you get dicked for bro?

shift_rook
11th April 2009, 03:25 PM
don't you have to go to vicroads anyway afterwards when you get defected?

ae86
11th April 2009, 03:51 PM
tyres and ride height, but theres one thing else that i need rwc guys to keep on the lowdown thats why i need someone whos leanant towards rwc

as for vicroads, they just check the rwc cert, and take defect sticker off

adam
11th April 2009, 04:11 PM
Depending where you go, Vicroads will just check to see if you've fixed those things you were dicked for. I've had a bitch try to do me for ride height when I tried to get my defect cleared (wasn't even done for ride height), went to another place, she checked I had the things fixed up, cleared.

I know of a guy who might be able to get your a 'rwc' but he's in Springy..

PLZB-18
11th April 2009, 05:18 PM
i know a few ppl south east way but no one up ur way if u get desperate for one PM me i should be able 2 help u out

.ady
11th April 2009, 08:21 PM
thang auto near hp? i think his leanant? going to take mine there wen i get it for a rwc

shift_rook
11th April 2009, 08:23 PM
i work at a rw joint:D

.ady
11th April 2009, 09:48 PM

bro your too far away for me! took us so long last time to pick up the engine and hd clutch. might catch up with you and andy at winton if i decide to go! damn uni assignments and tests :crying:

shift_rook
11th April 2009, 11:46 PM
yeah my work is in ringwood:D nah man, i won't be goin, but yeah i'll make sure to catch up with you soon ey

Hokey
12th April 2009, 01:06 AM
only have to show your car at vicroads if it is a minor and doesn't require a rwc or if they do you for ride height. Don't let them tell you otherwise. the staff have no idea there and everyone has a different answer. if they want to see your car and its not legit just whinge about its the only time you can get there and they'll normally pass it.

ae86
12th April 2009, 03:09 AM
mine was ground clearance ( ride height ) and 1x tyre ( single pecker ) and apparently these dodo's claim if a tyre is low on tread even though mine still has heaps of meat, it counts as a major defect and also give me a fine on the spot

hachi_dk
12th April 2009, 04:18 AM
mine was ground clearance ( ride height ) and 1x tyre ( single pecker ) and apparently these dodo's claim if a tyre is low on tread even though mine still has heaps of meat, it counts as a major defect and also give me a fine on the spot

oh please, refer to them as fiends

stanzzza
12th April 2009, 04:28 AM

Any defect handed out should come with a fine "by the book"

because your driving a unsafe vehicle. The joys of owning a car

what-psi
12th April 2009, 10:53 AM
only have to show your car at vicroads if it is a minor and doesn't require a rwc or if they do you for ride height. Don't let them tell you otherwise. the staff have no idea there and everyone has a different answer. if they want to see your car and its not legit just whinge about its the only time you can get there and they'll normally pass it.

In that case then, by rights if you get a major, can you take your daily in, get them to take your car off defect, then peel the sticker off yourself at home?
Not sure if this would work, but if they don't have to inspect the car?

*E7*
13th April 2009, 12:02 PM
yeah my work is in ringwood:D nah man, i won't be goin, but yeah i'll make sure to catch up with you soon ey

where you workin at?

Hokey
13th April 2009, 05:07 PM
done for ride height so it has to go to vic roads and therefore has to be fixed properly.

jays86
4th June 2009, 08:14 PM

i got done for ride height, tyres low, buckled rims, and a rwc.. but still a minor defect... any chance you can help me with a rwc?? or even if u look at it n want some stuff fixed.. gotta be less than some other places i looked at....

help......

pogi
4th June 2009, 10:56 PM
minors are nothing not even worth getting a dodgy, just fix the stuff

wntdae86
5th June 2009, 12:51 PM
go to leo next to highpoint sc he is just off white st all the way up on the left he work on wrxs but his a good bloke

jays86
8th June 2009, 06:39 PM
my 86 is a bit of a pig rekon he will over look things like db readings and exaust under axle??and steering wheels??