PDA

View Full Version : impound

doony
12th April 2009, 03:07 PM
car got impounded last night for 7 days
and the cop said i was looking at about $300-$400 worth of impound fees

is this about the right ballpark figure?

does anyone know if there is different rates for different impound yards etc?

any help would be appreciated.

ke_70
12th April 2009, 03:50 PM
when my bros stato got impounded they let my dad hav it in the garage no impoundment fees

doony
12th April 2009, 05:42 PM
did this happen recently?
in perth? :\

ke_70
12th April 2009, 06:15 PM
no in sa about 4-5 yrs ago they did it coz he was really good about it and owned up the cop knew dad was pretty responsable and it was just 2 days 2
was it the rolla wot did u do?

Nikkojoe
12th April 2009, 06:22 PM
ow noes, should not have got the 32 :/

unless it was cresi :P

doony
12th April 2009, 06:36 PM
cressy wouldnt get up the trailer :P

it was the 32.
just hit 2nd gear a little more abruptly then i should kicked it out and cop was right behind me in left hand lane 2 or 3 cars behind me. didnt even see it. :(

i kept smoking the tyres when the lights were on though. hahaa.

had a good old chin wag with him he was pretty good about it
taking it on the chin is the best way though

todd
12th April 2009, 07:39 PM
lawl at doony!@##

ae86hachiroku
12th April 2009, 08:11 PM
fuck, lucky their not doing the crushing car thing.

doony
12th April 2009, 08:22 PM
hahah yeah i think its 3rd time offense
so someone buy my cressida so i can "get out of jail" free card LOLZ

narchi
12th April 2009, 09:16 PM
every yard is different. My bros impound and towing fees cost him closer to $500 Its usually around $30-40 a day plus towing fee.

N my first fine was only fornight so i cant help u on that one. n second was 28days.

trueno
12th April 2009, 09:31 PM
i got my car impound 4 48hrs,about 3 yrs ago cost me about $150 to $200 incl towing aswell.then i lost my lic 4 6months.at the end it all cost about $800.

doony are u a p plater?and did u get charged for reckless driving? if u are ur gona lose ur lic

marvis
12th April 2009, 11:08 PM
Dam skylines drivers.

fly ryder
13th April 2009, 12:03 AM
i got my car impound 4 48hrs,about 3 yrs ago cost me about $150 to $200 incl towing aswell.then i lost my lic 4 6months.at the end it all cost about $800.

doony are u a p plater?and did u get charged for reckless driving? if u are ur gona lose ur lic

i got impounded bout a year ago and it cost me $140 i think to get towed not even a kilometre away to the yard.

And any hoon offence you will loose your licence im pretty sure, unless if different for full licence holders

trueno
13th April 2009, 12:10 AM
i got impounded bout a year ago and it cost me $140 i think to get towed not even a kilometre away to the yard.

And any hoon offence you will loose your licence im pretty sure, unless if different for full licence holders

yer u lose it 100%.i hade to pay for the court fee and all the other crap,thats why it came upto around $800.but then if ur a p u have to redo ur lic again

todd
13th April 2009, 12:27 AM
told u it was a bad idea to go to the darkside... :D

doony
13th April 2009, 11:01 AM
i said i had a chance because it was my first offense if i just pleaded guilty etc and give a nice ol sob story ??

and no im on full license.

Klutch
13th April 2009, 06:27 PM
"Honest officer, my foot got stuck"

doony
13th April 2009, 09:34 PM
left foot got a twitch hahaa fuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk thissssssssssssssssssssssss shit :@ RAGE ! i miss my carrrrrr.
i miss boost

Nikkojoe
13th April 2009, 10:07 PM
should have said foot slipped off the clutch.... :P

If you had some gay aftermarket pedals you could have said my foot got stuck :)

doony
13th April 2009, 10:34 PM
my mate just called me up and he just got done in the wet round a corner hit boost and he was gone
7 days too
haha
fuckkkkkkkkk hahaa
no gay pedals
its surprisingly quite a tastefully modified skyline
oh wait its not a 33 so it does have hope.

todd
13th April 2009, 10:35 PM
ewe gaiz arrr da hoonz!!!

narchi
13th April 2009, 11:10 PM
If u plead guilty to reckless u will lose ur licence for up to 12months. If you plead not guilty u have a chance to try and get off or lower the time u lose ur licence. Its not like criminal court where u get plea bargins and crap.
Like i was told if u plead guilty u cant change ur mind. If u plead not guilty u can always plead guilty later. Wait till they send the statement out before u worry to much.

I put a link if u wanna see the road traffic act in my thread. Its a good read. Shows u how much grey area there is with the hoon law act.

Klutch
13th April 2009, 11:14 PM
See dan, if you had the ke70 this wouldn't have happend!

doony
13th April 2009, 11:19 PM
If u plead guilty to reckless u will lose ur licence for up to 12months. If you plead not guilty u have a chance to try and get off or lower the time u lose ur licence. Its not like criminal court where u get plea bargins and crap.
Like i was told if u plead guilty u cant change ur mind. If u plead not guilty u can always plead guilty later. Wait till they send the statement out before u worry to much.

I put a link if u wanna see the road traffic act in my thread. Its a good read. Shows u how much grey area there is with the hoon law act.

yeah i followed that closely, its quite a different situation they caught me doing it three times and said if i plead not guilty theyll say i did it 3x not just once, and im not getting done for reckless just excessive noise.

edit: oh and klutch ke70 roots 0
r32 roots lost count

r32 fun
ke70 slow boring shit

same amount of cop attention being 80mm off the ground weith rolled guards and rust and bucket seat etc etc etc

Klutch
13th April 2009, 11:28 PM
r32 fun
ke70 slow boring shit
Atleast you can't get into trouble with the KE, which was my main point :P

narchi
13th April 2009, 11:38 PM
haha thats a different scare tactic.
They have to send out a statement first.
If the statement says u did it once then they cant turn around and say nah he actually did it 3 times.
Also if it states they are charging u with excessive noise. U can still plead not guilty. Again they cant change it.
But if they are just doing u for undue excessive then i would plead guilty. Its only a few demerit points and a fine.

But wait for the statement lol

doony
14th April 2009, 12:06 AM
hey thanks narchi i might fling you a pm when i get the statement. when do i expect this in the mail within the week?

ke's are rubbish
ae's are were its at

quadeyquade
14th April 2009, 12:15 AM
getting done in the wet is stupid really, its not hard for a novice driver to lose control.. but then again.. we have dan

trueno
14th April 2009, 12:31 AM
hey doony,how come u got ur car impound 4 excessive noise.u usaully get a yellow 4 that.i thought they only impound 4 reckless or if they found drugs in ur car?

Klutch
14th April 2009, 12:35 AM
Excessive noise can also be done for wheelspin, which you can be hoonlawed for.

I think?

trueno
14th April 2009, 12:38 AM
Excessive noise can also be done for wheelspin, which you can be hoonlawed for.

I think?

i think it is aswell,but it would depend on how long u do it 4.

PLZB-18
14th April 2009, 01:25 AM
i got impounded in my vl turbo in january they took it for 48 hours and it was 450 2 get it out

and i got impounded in my ke doing a u turn and dumping the clutch that was for 48 hours also (only because i hadent been 2 court for the first one) and it was same price 2 get it out

its just doing the wrong thing at the wrong time and just generally being stupid

doony
14th April 2009, 10:10 AM
i didnt get done in the wet...
i got done when it was drying and im not making ANY excuses, i was being an idiot and now paying for it and this thread was simply set up to get an estimate of how much id be looking at paying at the end of the week.

thanks guys for your informative posts

klutch & trueno: yes, this was an "excessive" "wheel spin"

quade: if you read it properly i never got done in the wet, and i think im more than capable of driving in the wet.

just wrong time wrong place.

edit: just called up then, $396 plus $60.50 for the tilt tray!!! :@

someone buy my cressida

Dom86
14th April 2009, 01:07 PM
dont blame it on the power guys, or wet roads. if u cant handle/be sensible then maybe u shouldnt drive it

My diesel hilux is quite tricky to get off the line in the wet. Torque + single pegger + me = wheel spin. It's really quite annoying especially when towing:gah:

Bad luck doony.
In the rain I once went slighty sideways in my stocker ADM with a cop right behind me. I took off from lights and turned right and planted it. All the power kicked in:P and i just drifted to the left lane on exit of the corner.
It wasn't full side ways so he just speed right up behind me to let me know he saw it but didn't pull me over prob cos it started raining again.

Anyway i don't understand how they can impound your car for 'excessive noise'. Thats a fine isn't it?
Sound like you did ok though... Good luck!

I'll buy your cressida for the impound fees :))

doony
14th April 2009, 02:17 PM
buy it for the price advertised 2k now :)

put the rims on a daily/skidders
do it dom ! :P

hahah
ill even drop it off at yours :)

i got caught doing a burnout
i just gotta wait for my summons i guess?
then suss it from then
but for now im up
for more than a weeks apprentice wage :(

hmmm.

Klutch
14th April 2009, 03:54 PM
Anyway i don't understand how they can impound your car for 'excessive noise'. Thats a fine isn't it?
Sound like you did ok though... Good luck!

I'll buy your cressida for the impound fees :))
Tyre squeel / Burnouts also come under excessive noise im fairly sure.

Dom86
14th April 2009, 06:47 PM
I recon you should fine them for "exessive impounding" :P

Dom86
14th April 2009, 06:56 PM
Tyre squeel / Burnouts also come under excessive noise im fairly sure.

I get that, and I understand that noise is part of a burnout, but impounding for noise? You can get a fine for reving your engine too hard or playing your stereo too loud, but they wont impound your car for it.

Just sounds weired.

doony
14th April 2009, 07:04 PM
yeah oh well
buy the cressida dom
special price for you if you pm me
and genuinly interested

Dom86
14th April 2009, 07:13 PM
Sorry Dan, I really can't afford it at the moment. I do like it though...

doony
14th April 2009, 07:46 PM
damn everyones so poor at the moment
this thread might as well be moved to my for sale section

$1,800 SUNDAY SPECIAL
that is all

narchi
14th April 2009, 11:07 PM
Guys like i said hoon law is a grey area. Looking at the law there is no real definition except for aggravated driving. Which includes undue excessive. But it does have to fall under aggravated driving. So playing ur stereo up to loud or revving ur engine doesnt fall into aggravated driving.

Undue excessive, Reckless driving, Dangerous driving is actually a different charge from hoon law.
When your car is impounded hoon law is served. Then you go to court for your driving offence Which is the ones above.

Undue excessive is generally a fine and demerits. So you shouldnt worry to much. Reckless driving is one of the worst offences you can commit without killing ne1 or hurting ne1.

Doony start saving your money once u pay the impound fee because court costs and the fine might be high. When i got done for reckless first time i was fined all up $1200 including court costs. So just something to keep in mind.

doony
14th April 2009, 11:20 PM
yes
narchi you are probably the most udesfuel peson on this forum,

someone buy my cressida lol

quadeyquade
15th April 2009, 09:27 AM
I think I am the most useful to you dan, I was the one who told you to paint it bright pink, if you did that you would have been too gay to drop skid, therefore no being impounded.

Klutch
16th April 2009, 11:48 PM
Hi dan.

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/1749/udataugc.jpg

doony
16th April 2009, 11:49 PM
hmmm. :( fuck that chick cop
id spit in her face.

narchi
17th April 2009, 01:05 AM
i take it she wasnt hot. U should get pulled over in canningvale lol. I always have a hot chick cop pull me over.
One time i saw 3 hot ones going into the servo for a drink lol.

trueno
17th April 2009, 02:38 AM
i got pulled over by this very hot undercover chick.she had it all.i couldn't stop checking her out.dam she was fine as.

quadeyquade
17th April 2009, 09:46 AM
i got pulled over by this very hot undercover chick.she had it all.i couldn't stop checking her out.dam she was fine as.

Should have offered sex and you might have got off :P

Dom86
17th April 2009, 05:29 PM
Lol! Haahahaha...

trueno
17th April 2009, 11:03 PM
lol i wanted to.but then she might charge me 4 sexual harassment.then i would been fucked

Klutch
17th April 2009, 11:11 PM
Yeah, would of been fucked alright ;)

FLCL
17th April 2009, 11:39 PM
"*moan* oh baby impound me". always figured you for the submissive type nik.

quadeyquade
19th April 2009, 01:28 PM
"Your cuffing me, but I don't see no leather whip?"