PDA

View Full Version : if you were prime minister

darkon
21st October 2007, 10:04 PM
what would you do if you were prime minister? straight up easy question. what laws initiatives lol how would u run the country

hatzo
21st October 2007, 10:07 PM
bring back the 15 Year old import rule.
Then Hello NSX..

Make Drifting Tax Deductable.

Konakid
21st October 2007, 10:07 PM
No speed cameras.

Change ADR's.

Get rid of hoon laws

Get the fucking tram out of fucking adelaide, fuck!

Ban Haul from all forums relating to cars. :lol: ......But seriously...

MountainRunner
21st October 2007, 10:08 PM
Neons and Airbrushing whould be a Jailable offence

No Hoon laws and Power restrictions

:P

dr1ft-pig
21st October 2007, 10:13 PM
Neons and Airbrushing whould be a Jailable offence

No Hoon laws and Power restrictions

:P[/b]

airbrushing is the shit when done tastefully wait till you see my engine covers

but seriously

no nighclub can shut at all, nightclubs with no mark ups on alcy

i would rise taxes to build drift tracks that are tight like japan so n/a 86s excell

puzzigully
21st October 2007, 10:59 PM
what about issues that actually effect the majority of the population?

dr1ft-pig
22nd October 2007, 12:03 AM
fuck em :D

Lost Prophet
22nd October 2007, 12:15 AM
build more affordable motorsport facilities in all capital cities and subsidise their useage to fix the "hoon problem"
all the tracks are being closed around the country just look at Sydney

heathcote closed
Warwick farm closed
Amaroo Park closed
Oran Park Closing 2009
Eastern Creek restricted use

S.E Queensland

Surfer paradise Raceway Closed
Lakeside Race way Closed
Darlington Park Race way Closed

should all be like Q.R which has a 5 km housing exclusion zone around it so it can continue to operate forever without residents complaining and forcing it's closure
Given the option of affordable motorsport facilities wouldn't you use them rather than the street?
Then i would actually make the hoon laws harder as there would be proper facilities to use giving no reason to drive like an idiot on the street endagering other members of the public.
Archerfield in Brisbane will only be a temporary track as it will be restricted eventually because of noise issues[/b]

that is sad.... gives me the shits just thinking about it all.

Konakid
22nd October 2007, 12:32 AM
^^ true true, tracks are disspearing yearly.

There will always be dickheads on the street, no matter what. just thank god there are those who do it in places where the general public cannot be harmed....

driftke70
22nd October 2007, 08:30 AM
same with motorcross tracks, they get closed all the time. Its way too easy for people to complain these days,

if i were prime minister, id sort out the media crap, put far tougher restrictions on what the media can say and do, get rid of the way they just spew crap to millions of dumb asses who just take it all in as the truth. Definately get rid of speeding fines and impliment proper driver education programs, get rid of sevs and 15 year rule, its hard enough to import a car as it is. Sort brisbanes water crap out so they dont have to steal ours.

darkon
22nd October 2007, 09:44 AM
what about issues that actually effect the majority of the population?[/b]
unless you're actually gunna run for prime minister i wouldn't worry bout it champ :2thumbs:

can you still import cars older then 15 years into australia as track cars etc? they just cant be rego'd on the street? cuz i had a guy tell me that ca18s r becoming hell rare in oz because they're gettin impossible to import since in japan they're all getting taken off the orad n gotten rid of or sumin

anastasios
22nd October 2007, 09:59 AM
i would fix the roads around sydney

ke70dave
22nd October 2007, 11:55 AM

bout the only intelligent thing ive read in this thread

there is more to life than cars fellas

Jessi
22nd October 2007, 12:37 PM
<{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=423426)

bout the only intelligent thing ive read in this thread

there is more to life than cars fellas
[/b]

There is?? Gees, why didn't someone tell me that :blink:

eastcoastdrifter
22nd October 2007, 01:46 PM
-I would lower Dental and Overall Medical Prescription Prices to help the average Australian with the Costs
-RU486
-I would Tighten Imigration up even more (Australia has enough Bums *look at me)
-I would Build the Desalination Plant Fuck the Rich People and there Complaints I raver a couple thousand unhappy with a Eyesore thena couple million without Water)
-I would basically adopt most of Singapores Laws
-Take away the shoot up rooms and instead orders Police to shot on the Spot if they see a junky.
-I would Push for more Eco Friendly Cars
-Instead of over development why not Build up not across (when was the last time Sydney ever had a big enough earthquake)
-I would also get the current RTA regulations Scrapt and redone by people who actually know about driving.
-Communism for the Win
-Oh and a race track like Tsukuba or Laguna Seca would be great if I ever got the funding

I know I wouldn't really have the Power to do most of these but if I did woohoo

us_ae86
22nd October 2007, 01:59 PM
I would have a cup of tea and a Tim Tam..... Maybe some Twisties and Bundaburg Ginger Beer.

johl
22nd October 2007, 02:11 PM
bring back in communism? r u fkn retarded? tht is the stupidest thing i have ever heard anyone say on any forum. sure it sounds good on paper with everyone earning the same amount but if i were a doctor and was getting paid the same as a check out chick at woolies i wouldn't give a fk about my job and therefor people will get more sick and die... why do u think it didnt work the first time....

eastcoastdrifter
22nd October 2007, 02:42 PM
Most doctors do it because they want to help people why not eleminate the shit Doctors after the money whats wrong with equality

DRFTPG
22nd October 2007, 02:45 PM
- i would pay someone to do all the work for me and then build my own private drift/race track and then have fun!! oh and do the od speech when the public complains cos they never see me hahaha

Klutch
22nd October 2007, 03:38 PM
Most doctors do it because they want to help people why not eleminate the shit Doctors after the money whats wrong with equality[/b]
Its hard enough to find good doctors, let alone most hospitals are short on them..

Javal
22nd October 2007, 03:51 PM
Inform the fuckin population.

Edit: Also, get drunk.

I mean drunk drunk.

GHETTOKE70
22nd October 2007, 03:54 PM
id make a law banning nutlex and move to spain

haha nar tax the rich more to build tracks for all us poor people and then do alot more but im to lazy to type it

riojin
22nd October 2007, 06:52 PM
abolish religion

yoshimitsu9
22nd October 2007, 07:06 PM
abolish religion[/b]

best idea in my opinion.

not naming any countries of which people seek refuge here in australia. but i would make it a one strike rule for anyone that is not originally born in this country that if they commit a crime that is criminal record worthy then they get deported back to their home land. look at gang problems forming in melbourne with a certain bunch of refugees

i would do all the track bullshit that everyone else has said already

focus of abolishing crime

re write all adr's (not make it to the point of what can be done in america)

tax the rich idiots more, they have too much money

abolish the new industrial relations rubbish

focus on health care

make private health insurance affordable

focus on getting everyone to vote for me. none of this one sided rubbish of getting the baby boomers as my target for votes. basically not just look after the old people because they are old. they dont work.

look after the environment better

focus on reducing emmissions

fund research into alternative energy (eg. make hydrogen power vehicles the norm)

focus on lowering the road toll (dead set, banning p platers from owning commodores would lower it a shit load)

aim for better free trade agreements with other nations (ie. make it easier to import a car from japan style of thing)

driftke70
22nd October 2007, 09:28 PM
communism doesnt make any sense, thats why ladas suck, cause the guys who designed the engine get the same as the guys who put the wheels on, the guy putting the wheels on will do a crap job cause he knows if he does he will get paid alright anyways and will get a job paying the same relatively easy somewhere else, the guy designing the engine isnt going to strain himself trying to make it better knowing he could fit wheels instead.

wooley
22nd October 2007, 10:20 PM
Most doctors do it because they want to help people why not eleminate the shit Doctors after the money whats wrong with equality[/b]

thats bullshit.
coming from me and med school mates. you do it cause its interesting and you get paid lots.

oh and whats wrong with equality?!
the fact that we're not all equal!
im not at med school for 6years to be paid the same as someone who has no degree and picks up the trash.
pretty much. cause being a doctor... makes me better than them.

eastcoastdrifter
23rd October 2007, 02:49 AM
Why do you find it Interesting if its not to help People?

I personally wouldn't want to be a doctor too much responsibility and school work haha fuck that/

cause being a doctor... makes me better than them.[/b]

Not a good attitude.

Klutch
23rd October 2007, 03:29 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE

Not a good attitude.
[/b][/quote]
It's a perfectly fine attitude.

He does years of schoolwork and studying, Helps people, Gets paid lots.

Some guy grabs a cleaning job in the paper, Doesn't really help anyone, Doesn't get paid much, Did no schooling / studying

He IS better than them.

Javal
23rd October 2007, 03:48 AM
You guys all seem to have a very one sided view...

The main thing you have to remember when in a position of any power:

There are 18 million people in this country, not 18 million Klutches, ECDs and Wooleys.

It's all about compromise.

Edit: and thank god there aren't 18 million JHS's? :lol:

eastcoastdrifter
23rd October 2007, 03:54 AM
what if so called cleaner didnt get to go to good schools or couldnt afford Uni but still takes pride in his work I rather that then some rich kid (not saying Wooley is..just example) who got put thru expensive Private schools then he buys his way into Uni then get a fancy Degree in who knows what... does that make the rich kid better?

Javal
23rd October 2007, 04:03 AM
I wasn't really commenting on the whole doctor / cleaner issue, mainly on the 'what people would do if they were PM' thing.

However i'll put in my 2c.

when you boil it down to that level, nobody is better than anyone. When you boil it down enough, everything is the same.

what makes somebody a better person than another person differs in each persons eyes.

To some money, upbringing will make a better person.

To others, pride, morals etc will make a better person.

Catch my drift?

patience
23rd October 2007, 04:26 AM
In my opinion, voting should be a priviledge, not a right. I wouldn't have it exactly the same way as America, but we need to change our democratic system.
At the moment we are forcing people (I think 3 million Australians from what I read) into voting for a party or system they know barely anything about.
And when asked, the reply is usually "I don't know, I saw him on TV" "My parents vote for him" "He'll give me mo <_< re money LOL"

At the moment, the two most important things in life aren't regulated with licensing, voting and parenting.
How is it that deads**ts can bring a human being into the world when they cannot read properly, or know how to raise a child?
Bit harsh some might say, but dealing with idiot parents on a daily basis makes you wonder.

And WHY OH FUCKING WHY are people voting for $5 or $10 a week tax cuts when the future of our country and environment is at stake?
wouldn't you rather spend $34 billion on environmental protection, education and health then measly tax cuts? :wtf:
Or would you rather get another pack or two of ciggies a week? wake up people.

And I agree with driftke70 in the regards that current affair shows should be banned, and informing the public to wake up to real issues and not bogan propaganda.

oni
23rd October 2007, 05:57 AM
cut taxes for people who actually need it (what does a person making 180k+ need more tax cuts for?? no really why?)

get rid of all religous schools (arn't people stupid enough with the public education crisis?)

cut gov funding for private schools (why should tax payers fork out for parents that can fork out themselves?)

ensure laws that politicians that are found to be misleading or flat out lying to the public get criminal convictions

ensure that politicians have to explain exactly why they need a pay rise (like every one else)

make centerlink effective by actually getting people jobs (i don't know anyone who has got a job through centerlink)

work on transport problems (making a new super billion dollar highway now is a bit late, we should be working on bullet trains like in japan which will help people get around. but australian politicians cannot see past there 4 year term so they don't care - which is what is they major problem with out country
eg.

dentist shortages (because they assumed that fluride in the water would solve everything so they could remove money from education and training

the whole skill shortage problem (drop out of school and do a trade! thanks but no thanks john - the ammount of apprentices that get sacked because they can't afford to pay 3rd year wages yet they can hire another two 1st year apprentices - the whole system is a crap)

look at the roads in sydney - an example of no forward planning

and i will point out that i might of made some spelling mistakes but that is what come from a public education and over 5 years or brain damage by alcohol and drugs - yet i am still able to see there problems which the goverment cannot or will not
makes me worry...

wooley
23rd October 2007, 07:05 AM
Why do you find it Interesting if its not to help People?

I personally wouldn't want to be a doctor too much responsibility and school work haha fuck that/

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE

Not a good attitude.
[/b][/quote]

you obviously have no idea how cool the human body is.
the way everything interacts. and the stuff that goes wrong is even better.
medical anomolies = the uber coolness. haha.

and i believe its a perfectly fine attitutde. like others said. why should i get paid the same as some cleaner who didnt have to work hard in school to gain entrance. and study at uni for 6 years?

what if so called cleaner didnt get to go to good schools or couldnt afford Uni but still takes pride in his work I rather that then some rich kid (not saying Wooley is..just example) who got put thru expensive Private schools then he buys his way into Uni then get a fancy Degree in who knows what... does that make the rich kid better?[/b]

private or public schooling really shouldnt make a difference. it does. but it shouldnt.
every bodys under the same system. just a matter of how much help they get i guess.
and wow some people buy their way into uni's. its a very low percentage. and its ususally those whom have only jsut missed out on entrace with their secondary scores and want to do nothing else than that course.
i for one couldnt afford to buy my way into uni. may as well let the government pay most of it for now. haha.
i guess it depends if the rich kid also buys his way in for a good reason...

cut taxes for people who actually need it (what does a person making 180k+ need more tax cuts for?? no really why?)

get rid of all religous schools (arn't people stupid enough with the public education crisis?)

cut gov funding for private schools (why should tax payers fork out for parents that can fork out themselves?)[/b]

because that person loses that money through tax also. haha.
they pay alot more tax for their hard earned dollars.
why shouldnt they get some back too.

most religious schools arent all that religious.
schools are just associated with a religion for funding and to help the community.
i couldnt see a private school working with out a religion really.

and why shouldnt private schools get funding!?
they've got students just like every other school in australia.
people always automatically assume that everyone as private schools is rich and can afford everything.
i know many parents whom sacraficed greatly to put thier kids through a private school.
once again.
just because they wanna pay more for extra curricular activities. sports. tutoring. on top of what they would pay at a public school doesnt mean that the government shouldnt pay for the actual teachers. etc.

oh and im writing this before rowing at 5:05 in the morning so sorry if the spellings out and it doesnt make much sense. haha.

oni
23rd October 2007, 01:20 PM
im not saying the mega rich shouldn't get tax back, im just saying that they can afford to loose a greater percentage than the person who makes between 20 to 40k per year.

it really makes a difference when your trying to put food on the table

wooley
23rd October 2007, 03:02 PM
im not saying the mega rich shouldn't get tax back, im just saying that they can afford to loose a greater percentage than the person who makes between 20 to 40k per year.

it really makes a difference when your trying to put food on the table[/b]

already do loose a greater percentage. lol.

patience
23rd October 2007, 05:28 PM
people always automatically assume that everyone as private schools is rich and can afford everything.
i know many parents whom sacraficed greatly to put thier kids through a private school.
once again.
just because they wanna pay more for extra curricular activities. sports. tutoring. on top of what they would pay at a public school doesnt mean that the government shouldnt pay for the actual teachers. etc.[/b]

Totally correct.
My parents (nurse and teacher) sacrificed alot to send myself and two brothers through a well known Brisbane private school. And it was totally worth it (on my point of view and theirs.)
Not saying you cannot receive a similar education at a public school, but the quality of it and the ease you can excel at a private school is totally different.

At the moment, the government pays private schools $3000 a head (approx) for each student, but gives public schools around $6000. My parents then pay the remainder of the tuition fees ($3000 each) to bridge the gap.
I don't understand why we get a "better education" then public schools, but I think the majority of people who are asking for funding to be cut to them are just bitter arseholes who feel like they were left out, or didn't receive a similar chance.

That is NOT to say schools like Grammar, where the tuition fees of 10k a year shouldnt have some sort of funding cut, but the large majority of private schools rely on parents to fill the gap in funding.
In my opinion this country would be royally fucked if they cut private school funding.

Klutch
23rd October 2007, 06:05 PM
what if so called cleaner didnt get to go to good schools or couldnt afford Uni but still takes pride in his work I rather that then some rich kid (not saying Wooley is..just example) who got put thru expensive Private schools then he buys his way into Uni then get a fancy Degree in who knows what... does that make the rich kid better?[/b]
You can always fix that.

Didn't go to a good school? Go to tafe.
Can't afford uni? Work a shit job for a few months.

You changed it from 2 people, to one poor kid and 1 rich kid.
Different

If you put in the effort, you get the reward.
Simple as that...

FLT LNR
24th October 2007, 12:45 AM
<{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=424063)
once again.
just because they wanna pay more for extra curricular activities. sports. tutoring. on top of what they would pay at a public school doesnt mean that the government shouldnt pay for the actual teachers. etc.[/b]

Totally correct.
My parents (nurse and teacher) sacrificed alot to send myself and two brothers through a well known Brisbane private school. And it was totally worth it (on my point of view and theirs.)
Not saying you cannot receive a similar education at a public school, but the quality of it and the ease you can excel at a private school is totally different.

At the moment, the government pays private schools $3000 a head (approx) for each student, but gives public schools around $6000. My parents then pay the remainder of the tuition fees ($3000 each) to bridge the gap.
I don't understand why we get a "better education" then public schools, but I think the majority of people who are asking for funding to be cut to them are just bitter arseholes who feel like they were left out, or didn't receive a similar chance.

That is NOT to say schools like Grammar, where the tuition fees of 10k a year shouldnt have some sort of funding cut, but the large majority of private schools rely on parents to fill the gap in funding.
In my opinion this country would be royally fucked if they cut private school funding.
[/b]

well said. I find it so strange the whole country doesnt know this. also having a parent who's a teacher, i'm reminded constantly.

eastcoastdrifter
24th October 2007, 01:01 AM
so thats why its called "private School" if parents dont want there kids to go to Public school then cough up the money.

I never had a problem with my Public schooling experience minus a few retarded teacher but all the rest was great.

FLT LNR
24th October 2007, 03:21 AM
hmmm if i were PM.........

well, it wouldn't do shit, westminster system of goverment, and australian constitution and all.....

so maybe if i were a powerful dictator........

+ make the dole 1000 times harder to attain
+ round up all the bums/beggars in sydney and other cities, and incinerate them
+ defect all cars with religious/race/nationality specific logos or flags showing
+ get the nation into debt by purchasing all existing pre 2000 commodores, and melting them for scrap
+ enact a special branch who can stop a vehicle who's subwoofer is audible by other motorists, and shoot the driver in the dick
+ ensure people who have 3 at-fault write-offs are rendered quadraplegic
+ do 5 year audits of all CEO's. those who've earnt more than botswana's GDP get to go live there, permanently
+ hold a public event in the south pacific, where a japanese hunter is fed to a whale
+ stage a worldwide telecast of paul chaeffer and david letterman being told bad jokes until they cry
+ those who have a large SUV and never go off road for 2 years have to drive a PRIUS for life
+ give vic larusso in the keddies traffic chopper an apachi gunship and make him CAUSE the accidents
+ ban cosmetic surgery, tanning salons, and glamour photo editing/airbrushing in magazines
+ remove the testicles of all men who've assaulted women
+ pour billions into all forms of stem cell research, and execute those who oppose it
+ create a 1 day a year where there is no speed limits. the mass deaths will cull mainly shit drivers.
+ enact a 3 day weekend year-round
+ locate all drug dealers and importers, and force them to O.D on their own merchandise
+ make it so wars can only be fought with swords again

that is all, for now :rant:

Konakid
24th October 2007, 03:40 AM

Konakid
24th October 2007, 03:41 AM
+ ensure people who have 3 at-fault write-offs are rendered quadraplegic
+ do 5 year audits of all CEO's. those who've earnt more than botswana's GDP get to go live there, permanently
+ those who have a large SUV and never go off road for 2 years have to drive a PRIUS for life
+ ban cosmetic surgery, tanning salons, and glamour photo editing/airbrushing in magazines
+ create a 1 day a year where there is no speed limits. the mass deaths will cull mainly shit drivers.
+ enact a 3 day weekend year-round[/b]

Fucking gold, +1

driftke70
25th October 2007, 01:28 PM
haha laughed hard about buying all the old commos, damn good idea, the problem is for every commodore wanker that writes their car off, theres another two back yard mechanics resurrecting some other heap.

Javal
25th October 2007, 04:27 PM
+ get the nation into debt by purchasing all existing pre 2000 commodores, and melting them for scrap[/b]

there'd be enough chooch in all the nooks and crannies to get the whole nation blitzed for a year!

Micknofx
25th October 2007, 06:00 PM
I would just leave all the laws the same, I'd just sack any cop who tried to defect me or give me a fine