custom dash

Wheels
2xSuperlites with semi slicks
asorted 14x7-6s

Brakes
carona calipers and disks

Suspension
Front= 8kg/mm coilovers and custo camber tops whitline strutbrace
Rear= 6.5kg/mm springs, adjustibble panhard rod, whitline swaybar and chassie brace

Mods
custom coilovers made from carona struts along with its healthy brake upgrade

custom cooler, piping and air box

solid gearbox mounts

braded fuel, brake and all oil lines

dual headlites

Still To Do
Mount foam filled fuel cell

water/methonole injection kit

cluch line

[attachment=18296:P05_26_07_16.09_2_.jpg]
[attachment=18295:P05_26_07_16.08_1_.jpg]
[attachment=18293:P10_21_07_11.21.jpg]
[attachment=18294:P10_21_07_11.40.jpg]

thanks guys chat soon

hilton
24th October 2007, 08:56 PM
i spose, yous ee everything for the first time once aye..

thats fair cool man good luck.

stouty
24th October 2007, 09:54 PM
Thats the shit man. I love it.

Nice name by the way lol

defect70
24th October 2007, 10:04 PM
thanks for the imput guys hopfuly i get in to calder or winton by the end of the year

riojin
24th October 2007, 10:22 PM
why did i buy an 86. wishing more and more i got a T18. they are hot. id shove a ca18det in one too. when my 86 is done ill prolly sell it to get a T18

more pics :greenbounce:

dr1ft-pig
24th October 2007, 10:29 PM
hot

howee
24th October 2007, 11:08 PM
Such a flamer :P

I reakon it's got potential to be hot!!

Just give it JDM and it will be.

howee

Hokey
25th October 2007, 12:16 AM
its not flamer styling...i just dont think its hot...[/b]
So shut the Fuck up then!
Wanker :unsure:
Nice car leigh :2thumbs:

Hokey
25th October 2007, 12:26 AM
See that is what a wanker would say...
Your mum obviously never taught you if you have nothing nice to say then don't say it. I dont' see the need to be putting the guy down when he's done so much hard work on his car. if you don't like the car then don't say anything about it

just vote not hot if you must and leave it at that.

EDIT: Posting Rules & Guidelines

* Keep your posts on topic, Respect other community members and help contribute where you can.

defect70
25th October 2007, 07:54 AM
<{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=425150)
Your mum obviously never taught you if you have nothing nice to say then don't say it. I dont' see the need to be putting the guy down when he's done so much hard work on his car. if you don't like the car then don't say anything about it

* Keep your posts on topic, Respect other community members and help contribute where you can.[/b]

lol...i havent lived with my so called mother in about 5 years now...sorry if i forgot the rules your mum taught you....

he asked for opinion and i gave it....dont like it? then go away
[/b]

everyone is intiteled to there opinion

but hay heres a thought y dont u get a little creative and tell me y u dont like it?

its poeple who just say its shit then leave whos opinions i dont care about!!!

86xxx
25th October 2007, 08:02 AM
<{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=425212)

* Keep your posts on topic, Respect other community members and help contribute where you can.[/b]

lol...i havent lived with my so called mother in about 5 years now...sorry if i forgot the rules your mum taught you....

he asked for opinion and i gave it....dont like it? then go away
[/b]

everyone is intiteled to there opinion

but hay heres a thought y dont u get a little creative and tell me y u dont like it?

its poeple who just say its shit then leave whos opinions i dont care about!!!
[/b]

Dont expect that to happen, dont expect him to follow the rules either. So much for him walking a fine line...

I vote hot, its different which is what i like about it! Would've been better with a toyota powerplant (im not into this cross breeding! :P) but still it'll go alright me thinks....

Think of it this way, at least its not a beige piece of crap loaded with stickers.... :rolleyes:

ashie
25th October 2007, 10:37 AM
i vote not hot, only because we have a whored out matte black t18 with quads on it in launceston and the black fad has worn off.

but still CA18DET would be pretty fun and thats the engine i would opt for with something like this.

dunno about those solid gearbox and engine mounts but you probably know allot more than me.

looks as if it will be a good drifter and good luck with it,

and don't start on JHS he is on thin ice and likely to retaliate.

Hokey
25th October 2007, 10:42 AM
and don't start on JHS he is on thin ice and likely to retaliate.[/b]
Maybe the ice will break :2thumbs:
I agree with medwin about a certain beige car and this should go alot harder than that car (y)

ae71
25th October 2007, 11:29 AM
There are a few beige ones around these days :P

I can see the sense in it, cant really tell if its hot or not because of the low quality pics, but if you can steer alright mate, im sure this would make a very competitive drift car!

Casey you can hardly compare a basically stock t-18 riding on cut springs with matte black (export) paint to something with that's properly tuned and actually has some mods you have to pay for.

i cna her it now doesdoesdoesdoes

ashie
25th October 2007, 11:42 AM
so true :P
but still matte black = teh ghey

keto
25th October 2007, 02:11 PM
i reckon it looks good, be interested in some higher res pics if you can get some ;)

paulie
25th October 2007, 03:01 PM
With alot of hard work, this thing wil be a great fun little car... The CA is a good motor, i had zero hassels with mine, bar replacing the old turbo to a t28rs... Be sure to replace the timing belt asap, as these motors are known for the belts going kaput frequently...

JHS, C1, ATLAS, Chris, whoever you wish to be.... Your car looks like a piece of royal shit.. seriously.. Just because it has a twin cam NA 1.6l does NOT mean its fully sick drift jap spec cool dude super monkey! It doesnt matter how good you think you are mate, THERE IS ALWAYS SOMEONE BETTER THAN YOU.... A golden rule of life....

This car will be hot.. GL with the build....

Start with JHS.. revoke his membership.. This site is his life. without it, he would be a sad little kid....

verm69
25th October 2007, 03:10 PM
With alot of hard work, this thing wil be a great fun little car... The CA is a good motor, i had zero hassels with mine, bar replacing the old turbo to a t28rs... Be sure to replace the timing belt asap, as these motors are known for the belts going kaput frequently...

JHS, C1, ATLAS, Chris, whoever you wish to be.... Your car looks like a piece of royal shit.. seriously.. Just because it has a twin cam NA 1.6l does NOT mean its fully sick drift jap spec cool dude super monkey! It doesnt matter how good you think you are mate, THERE IS ALWAYS SOMEONE BETTER THAN YOU.... A golden rule of life....

Start with JHS.. revoke his membership.. This site is his life. without it, he would be a sad little kid....[/b]

word...

hot +1

ae71
25th October 2007, 03:46 PM
oh says its matte??

looks like there is a chance that its gloss, they do make paint in gloss colours too you know :P

so what is it leigh? matte or gloss?

my money is on gloss, someone who has done this much work on a car isn't going to be a dick and paint it in export cans i would hope.

hachirusto
25th October 2007, 03:53 PM
I dont like t18s at all but this ones does look pretty good

how did u go with putting the ca in , did u use a new x member or just different engine mounts?

defect70
25th October 2007, 09:30 PM
[quote]

well said thanks for the GL

defect70
25th October 2007, 10:02 PM
ae71: guess im a dick. the paint jobs is out of the can more concentrated on making it go
then making it look pritty the hole aim its to go hard and if i hit a wall at worst
transplant it all into another shell T-18 of corse

Hachirusto: went with a ke70 X frame with rack for better steering. but trying to customize
some 4age engine mount so they will bolt to the CA block.

new photos up as soon as i get the Fuel cell in the boot and done

anyone know where to get stickers made up????
i want one saying (CA InFeStEd) on my back window
its only fair to let others know what and who there chasing :owned:

ke70dave
25th October 2007, 11:05 PM
i couldn't help but notice that you did give him the option of weather its

1: hot
2: not hot

so he chose "2: not hot", and then you go and flame him.....

ohh well

either way, its a pretty cool looking car i reckon, you gonna put the front of it all back together?

also: 900 posts.....WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO (you gota say it like fry off futurama)

lewa
26th October 2007, 08:04 AM
so true :P
but still matte black = teh ghey[/b]

except for on a certain ma61 supra = teh bomb shiggidy!

also i recon its pretty cool, besides the dirty dirty engine =P

ae71
26th October 2007, 11:34 AM
export matt black last 2-4weeks at best.

that said matte black supra, that was painted in "GMH" black using a gun, it has been sitting outside for maybe 6months and it still looks the same as the day it was painted. he wanted topaint it a midnight purple but due to how rought the body is, the matte helps to cover it up. so i know why people paint shit car in matte, just i dont know why they dont get a liter ro 2 of semi decent quality stuff and having s much better/lasting result. the small extra cost is worth it imo, i think it was 40bucks for 4 liters (hell cheap for paint), you would be lucky to sue half, so thats 20bucks+thinners, whats the cost of 6? lol

just me though, g/l with it.

defect70
26th October 2007, 10:14 PM
ok so i will go over it properly with a gun at the end of the build

jezz
27th October 2007, 05:32 PM
nice car man.

for the stickers try nick (owner of this board)
http://www.shamrockstickers.com/

ke70_sa
29th October 2007, 12:10 PM
thats fuckin awesome