PDA

View Full Version : 4age bigport to 20v silvertop

LIL BLU MAN
11th November 2007, 12:31 PM
i was thinking of moving up and i thought 4age and 20v engine brackets would be the same since the bottom end is supposed to be the same ?,
well i just wanted to make sure and do they use the same loom ? im a bit lazy and dont feel like taking all the loom out and inputting another set im not too fussed about fitting 20v manual ecu
david.

Fozz
11th November 2007, 12:40 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (w84me @ Nov 11 2007, 11:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=434901)</div>
i was thinking of moving up and i thought 4age and 20v engine brackets would be the same since the bottom end is supposed to be the same ?,
well i just wanted to make sure and do they use the same loom ? im a bit lazy and dont feel like taking all the loom out and inputting another set im not too fussed about fitting 20v manual ecu
david.[/b]

Did u research this conversion it is alot of work?

engine brackets are the same

No the bigport loom does not fit 20v

LIL BLU MAN
11th November 2007, 12:47 PM
is it really alot of work ? is there an easy way of fitting the loom like cutting 4age loom down and adding the 20v differences in or what ?

rthy
11th November 2007, 01:03 PM
better off removing the bigport loom and putting in a 20v loom or aftermarket ecu loom

Fozz
11th November 2007, 01:39 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (w84me @ Nov 11 2007, 11:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=434912)</div>
is it really alot of work ? is there an easy way of fitting the loom like cutting 4age loom down and adding the 20v differences in or what ?[/b]

Are you talking about the whole conversion in general about being alot of work of just the loom?

No that wpuld be way to much effort for what its worth just get the 20vloom

Wanabe_Garage
11th November 2007, 01:57 PM
If your bigport loom is really neat and looks OEM then it would be a shame. but if you chop them both to fit each other your destroying two looms there.

make a 7age20v instead lol :P

LIL BLU MAN
11th November 2007, 02:26 PM
im poor =( so 20v loom is a hard job ? cause if so i might as how much is it to get the loom professionally fitted

Gunner
12th November 2007, 12:09 AM
go buy a 20v comp and harness, why use 16v bottom end when u can use all 20v stuff don't waste ur money and do it right
converion cost me a touch under $3k incl. blacktop comp harness everythin bar stacks for the throttles. DO IT RIGHT!

LIL BLU MAN
12th November 2007, 08:55 PM
=\ yeah i dont have that sort of money i can get the hole setup farily decent price but like im wondering if its hard to DIY or how much it iis to get it done professionally

dr1ft-pig
12th November 2007, 09:07 PM
stick with your bigport and replace bottom end with a 7afe bottom end, thus making it a 7age, will go hard as heaps more torque

Fozz
12th November 2007, 09:14 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (w84me @ Nov 12 2007, 07:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=435869)</div>
=\ yeah i dont have that sort of money i can get the hole setup farily decent price but like im wondering if its hard to DIY or how much it iis to get it done professionally[/b]

its not hard to diy if ur mechanically minded all u need to do is lose the dizzy run coilpacks and ecu water pipes relocation and some other minor mods read up more on some conversion