PDA

View Full Version : anyone in melb done a duck tail installion before?

.ady
14th April 2009, 08:10 PM
hey guys just wanted to know how many guys have done this themselves. or know of a place that does a really good job installing it. getting one on thursday and looking to chuck it on...looked at the other post but seems abit to hard for me...so any help helping me install it or someone who can install it wud b great! thxs in advance

shift_rook
14th April 2009, 08:13 PM
ah pm rick, the guy sellin all the 86 parts in melb, i dunno whether he'd do another one but the car i'm buying off him has one moulded perfectly, i'm sure he might oblige if you show him cash:D

.ady
14th April 2009, 09:45 PM
isnt he in bendigo? thats like 150km drive for me lmao

shift_rook
14th April 2009, 10:00 PM
n ah man, his name is rgeogiou or somethin, have a look, he's in north i think, near thomastown

rgeorgiou
2nd May 2009, 08:38 PM
yeah done an fitment job that cam out sweet. Its not easy if you want a nice moulded finish. Took me ages.

You need to make sure the wing you buy is in very good condition. it pays in the long run. Its very hard to get the ripples out of the top dish bt.

Sikaflex it on with 2-3 self tappers to hold it tight.

once the sikaflex dries, remove the screws. use fiber glass to fill up and holes and joins and the filler to finish.

you gotta let it sit for ages or heat it up with a heat gun so you new fiberglass shrinks as much as it is going to. then body filler it and highfill it

up to you how long you spend rubbing it back.

rgeorgiou
3rd May 2009, 08:51 PM
yeah done an fitment job that cam out sweet. Its not easy if you want a nice moulded finish. Took me ages.

You need to make sure the wing you buy is in very good condition. it pays in the long run. Its very hard to get the ripples out of the top dish bt.

Sikaflex it on with 2-3 self tappers to hold it tight.

once the sikaflex dries, remove the screws. use fiber glass to fill up and holes and joins and the filler to finish.

you gotta let it sit for ages or heat it up with a heat gun so you new fiberglass shrinks as much as it is going to. then body filler it and highfill it

up to you how long you spend rubbing it back.

http://members.dodo.com.au/~uneekadsl/1.jpg
http://members.dodo.com.au/~uneekadsl/ae864.jpg

.ady
4th May 2009, 02:14 PM
where abouts are you? suburb to be more specific

rgeorgiou
4th May 2009, 07:13 PM
where abouts are you? suburb to be more specific

mill park

.ady
4th May 2009, 07:59 PM
mill park

yea i remeber now....one of my mates bought an exhuast system from ya! think you can help with the wing for some moneys? hahah

rgeorgiou
4th May 2009, 08:22 PM
its a prick of a job.... send me a pic of the wing. hows the condition?

yeah the guys with all the parts. lol Your mate and he friend were funny cunts. lol hehehehe

rgeorgiou@dodo.com.au

mattty
27th May 2009, 10:00 PM
Hey, yeh i pretty much used the same process as above except i didnt pull my window out and now i have a little gap in one spot where the fibeglass wing didnt slide under the rubber seal of the window. wishing i had taken that little bit more time and done it 100%

.ady
31st May 2009, 04:48 PM
damnnnnnn that looks alike a clean job! where abouts in melbourne are you? :P

rgeorgiou
1st June 2009, 08:03 PM
nice....

mattty
2nd June 2009, 09:57 PM
Thanks guys! yeh its a time consuming job but well worth it in the end. You'll be able to see this bad boy flying around the streets of Thomastown in about a month or so. just putting on the finishing touches.