PDA

View Full Version : lower control arm bolt, getin it back in

Duurs
13th November 2007, 07:35 PM
i cant seam to get the bolt back in as shown in tehse pictures, what is the easiest way to do this? car is corona rt142

thx

seek
13th November 2007, 07:49 PM
keep wriggling the lca around until it does (support the discs etc with a spring under it or something)

also, and this might be different, but on a keto the bolt goes the other way, with the head on the side of the steering rack end, tried swapping it around?

there is no easy way, and there is probably no alternative way either, so just keep wriggling the lca around

Gunner
13th November 2007, 07:59 PM
caster rods off and sway bar to let ya wiggle it easy

Hen is a total nutcase
13th November 2007, 10:57 PM
Yes, remove the caster rod, swaybar and other junk. Wiggle the LCA while hitting the head of the bolt with a hammer. Boing in she goes.

Hen

Duurs
14th November 2007, 12:08 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Hen is a total nutcase @ Nov 13 2007, 09:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=436530)</div>
Yes, remove the caster rod, swaybar and other junk. Wiggle the LCA while hitting the head of the bolt with a hammer. Boing in she goes.

Hen[/b]

yea i was thinking about taking em off, how hard are they 2 put bak on?

ke70dave
14th November 2007, 12:11 AM
castor rod is easy to put back on, sway bar is a little more fun, but its just a stock one by the look of it, so will be easy, just get a mate to bend it into place while you stick the bolt in :2thumbs:

Duurs
14th November 2007, 12:33 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ke70dave @ Nov 13 2007, 10:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=436582)</div>
castor rod is easy to put back on, sway bar is a little more fun, but its just a stock one by the look of it, so will be easy, just get a mate to bend it into place while you stick the bolt in :2thumbs:[/b]

ah ok cheers mate, ill give it a go 2moro.

johl
14th November 2007, 02:28 PM
even stock sway bars are a bitch. what i did was loosely bolted one side down which is easy just use as little thread as possible. then get ur mate to put a jack under it and wind it up so it lifts the side that u just bolted down and pushes the other side down. u'l just have to move it a little side to side to get it in the right spot. easy.

Chrisso
14th November 2007, 09:51 PM
I don't remember the swaybar being that much trouble. I left it loosely bolted on one side while I put the other in and then tightened them up. As Hen said, wiggle the LCA and tap the bolt with a hammer. It took a while to get one of mine back in.