PDA

View Full Version : Speed sensors (Speedos)

Jason
13th November 2007, 10:16 PM
Ok so Im hopefully getting a speco speedo. If any one has something bad to say about them say it now!

But before i throw money at it, im trying to work out a speed sensor, now the ae71 look to have a magnetic pick up style sensor in the speedo unit. I though great but the speco needs ATLEAST 3000 signals / km, can read up to 30 000.

So heres the question, dose anybody know what the signal output of the speed sensor it? I dont even know what Revs/Km the speedo gets so that would also be a great start!

Now i realise this will change with diff ratio tires ect. So it would probably be even better to get the gear ratio of what the speedo cable, that way i could work it out accurately at the wheels and not just 'guess'? Dose anybody know?

If its to much hassle getting 3000/km i may end up getting an autometer one, however its seems very hard to get them in km/h and they seem very expensive compared to the speco! But that do register much lower into the hundreds.

J

Hen is a total nutcase
13th November 2007, 10:56 PM
Have a read in the tech articles, I'm pretty sure someone posted the speedo drive revs/km. Maybe 760-something. If so then 4 magnets on a shaft would give you over 3000/km.

Hen

Jason
13th November 2007, 11:00 PM
:rolleyes: one of the first results in a search...

Going to have a closer look at the magnet ring tomorrow i think it has already got a couple there.