PDA

View Full Version : 4agze AirCon setup

AEE86
14th November 2007, 10:36 AM
Hi Guys,

When I purchased my 86 it had the gze conversion done, but all aircon gear had been removed and tossed away. Since then I have acquired: 4agze compressor, condensor from 4age, some piping, aircon belt. The heater/fan assembly etc is all still in place.

It would be of great help if someone can give me details on installing all this or photos of engine bay etc with this stuff fitted to give me some idea. Being in Brissie and heading for another long hot summer I need to get this working!

Cheers

Jason
14th November 2007, 12:19 PM
IIRC you may need to get the 4agze a/c bracket though i might be wrong? because the alternators is on the exhaust side it may conflict ect. Simple fix... roll down the windows ya girl :P Im in Brisbane too.

AEE86
14th November 2007, 01:15 PM
Yeah, that's what I need to work out, how the compressor mounts up and belts etc. I figured there may be something I need due to the ze layout.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jason @ Nov 14 2007, 11:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=436737)</div>
Simple fix... roll down the windows ya girl :P Im in Brisbane too.[/b]

Hehe yeah, its still fricken hot with windows down! I'm from NQ so I'm used to hot days but I'm also a big fan of comfort :D

Jason
14th November 2007, 01:27 PM
Faire enough i may even have a gze bracket, though i may have cut it up to make a alternator bracket... Ill have a check when i got back down.
Also have to checked clearance issues for the condenser? I know i barely fit in a intercooler, but i have a ae71 and i looks like 86's have more room beyond the engine bay.

dustyae86
14th November 2007, 01:35 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jason @ Nov 14 2007, 01:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=436765)</div>
Faire enough i may even have a gze bracket, though i may have cut it up to make a alternator bracket... Ill have a check when i got back down.
Also have to checked clearance issues for the condenser? I know i barely fit in a intercooler, but i have a ae71 and i looks like 86's have more room beyond the engine bay.[/b]

I had aircon, but I took it out, i recall their being a bracket of some sort I'll hvae a bit of a look later

AEE86
14th November 2007, 03:04 PM
Thanks guys much appreciated

JDMJNKY
14th November 2007, 09:27 PM
will probly need to change the gze compressor for a 4ac one because the pipes that come out of the compressors are drifferent the front pulley and electro magnet are interchangeable between the compressors BUT i have found that even though the compressors usualy mount up to the compressor bracket with four bolts there is vereation as in the bolts are different distances apart on a gze compressor??. the only other bracket i have seen is on a jdm 4ag which is completely different. there is an idle up motor which is one of the t plugs near the washer bottle plug and i doubt that will still be conected that just goes to a manifold vacum line.
the pipe work goes from the firewall to the condensor then from the condensor to the reciever drier little round cannister mounted on the condensor then to the compressor, from the compressor back to the firewall.

AEE86
15th November 2007, 04:06 PM
I think I have a 4ag compressor one as well as the 4agze, maybe one will suit. I'll have a look on the weekend and see if the bolt holes are the same. Pretty sure I have most of the piping.
Hopefully someone can take a pic of their engine bay so I can see how they have bolted up the alternator and a/c compressor and also the bracket used.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (orangechargd86 @ Nov 14 2007, 08:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=437051)</div>
will probly need to change the gze compressor for a 4ac one because the pipes that come out of the compressors are drifferent the front pulley and electro magnet are interchangeable between the compressors BUT i have found that even though the compressors usualy mount up to the compressor bracket with four bolts there is vereation as in the bolts are different distances apart on a gze compressor??. the only other bracket i have seen is on a jdm 4ag which is completely different. there is an idle up motor which is one of the t plugs near the washer bottle plug and i doubt that will still be conected that just goes to a manifold vacum line.
the pipe work goes from the firewall to the condensor then from the condensor to the reciever drier little round cannister mounted on the condensor then to the compressor, from the compressor back to the firewall.[/b]

AEE86
18th November 2007, 09:15 PM
Still looking for a solution for this.. anyone with a GZE and air con able to help out?? Photo would be great.

samuek
20th November 2007, 04:05 AM
i will be doing this in the next week or 2, so i will let you know how i do it.... ill be using a 4ac aircon setup

dustyae86
20th November 2007, 07:37 AM
hey... sorry I nearly forgot about this thread, had a look at what i had and there is a bracket i have pulled off, that bolts to the block, but i cut a piece off my bracket because i think a bit of it goes behind the alternator

AEE86
20th November 2007, 08:18 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (samuek @ Nov 20 2007, 03:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=439426)</div>
i will be doing this in the next week or 2, so i will let you know how i do it.... ill be using a 4ac aircon setup[/b]

Thanks mate, keep me posted. Really keen to get this going, might help some others too.

Dustyae86, if you can take a pic of the bracket that would help. I might even have one in my spares collection.

AEE86
13th December 2007, 04:54 PM
Bump! Anyone get any further with this, summer approaching fast!!

dustyae86
14th December 2007, 07:42 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (AEE86 @ Dec 13 2007, 04:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=451763)</div>
Bump! Anyone get any further with this, summer approaching fast!![/b]

geez I'm gay and have a bad memory... don't really have easy access to a camera and internet, as in hard to post, um my best idea I can come up wiht is PM me your mobile number and i will send you pXT messages:P