PDA

View Full Version : AE86 LCA

86xxx
14th November 2007, 03:58 PM
.... Whilst both LCA's look the same when quickly looking at them, there appears to be a left and right one, has anyone noticed this before? If so how (obviously if they've still got caster rod marks on them you can see, but if they're squeaky clean you cant tell) do you determine left from right?

Javal
14th November 2007, 04:18 PM
I THINK that they have L and R stamped underneath, but i may be wrong.

Trial and error would be the way to go, the only differences would be castor rod / swaybar holes i think.

I haven't worked on one for a while so this is all from memory.

Chrisso
14th November 2007, 09:48 PM
I put some corona arms in and they were stamped L and R. I can't say that I paid a lot of attention to the original ones but I would expect the same markings.

Konakid
14th November 2007, 11:41 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Javal @ Nov 14 2007, 03:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=436845)</div>
I THINK that they have L and R stamped underneath, but i may be wrong.

Trial and error would be the way to go, the only differences would be castor rod / swaybar holes i think.

I haven't worked on one for a while so this is all from memory.[/b]

Yep on the inside.

slide86
15th November 2007, 12:24 AM
i think also, when you remove the tube that holds the inner bush in, the holes are different sizes. bigger at the front for the larger part of the bush

this was the case on the xt130 arms i have......

Javal
15th November 2007, 12:38 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (slide86 @ Nov 14 2007, 11:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=437208)</div>
i think also, when you remove the tube that holds the inner bush in, the holes are different sizes. bigger at the front for the larger part of the bush

this was the case on the xt130 arms i have......[/b]

Absolutley correct, same for AE86 arms too cause they use the same bush i believe.

Chrisso
15th November 2007, 11:03 AM
Javal is right - they use the same bush. I put nolothane bushes I'd bought much earlier for the ae86 into the corona arms before installing them.