PDA

View Full Version : Advance timing

felixr78
20th November 2007, 08:08 PM
Howz it goin, I gotta 4age big port engine in my ae71 with a VL pump its running rich as and im looking at advancing the timing does anyone have any advice on how many degrees and the best way to go about it?

Gunner
20th November 2007, 08:28 PM
20v u retard 4 degrees for 3kw atw lol dunno bout bigport tho, u doin it with out a dyno?

johnny_08
20th November 2007, 09:19 PM
hey i just had my bigport fixed, my one was running super rich, but timing wasnt the problem, it was a broken hose and somethin else disconnected, map sensor i think (try lookin round there?), then i had it advanced 20 deg

-sorry for the shit info but im not a mechanic and i took it to an efi place and thats what he told me

edit- my fuel pressure was too high aswell, check that

Benno
20th November 2007, 11:08 PM
a big fuel pump will not make the car run rich, somthing else is wrong(map sensor, coolant temp sender, fuel pressure reg, leaky injectors).
and timing won't fix it.

Hen is a total nutcase
21st November 2007, 06:23 AM
I concur with Benno

Gunner
21st November 2007, 07:55 AM
yeh sorry i read that rong lol check ur fuel pressure extra flow might of causedd an old shitty fuel reg to start to fail

felixr78
23rd November 2007, 07:42 PM
cheers. Im gonna put a fuel reg on it and take it to get dyno'd and tuned c wat they think. Havnt found any leaks.. yet.

TopSecret
23rd November 2007, 08:45 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (4age '71 @ Nov 23 2007, 07:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=441348)</div>
cheers. Im gonna put a fuel reg on it and take it to get dyno'd and tuned c wat they think. Havnt found any leaks.. yet.[/b]

Well I had a problem with my 16v conversion running super rich. Considered all options, couldn't work it out, turned out the return line was blocked. Check to see if you can blow air back through your return.

P.S. I'm using a VL pump too.