PDA

View Full Version : Spark Plugs

stouty
22nd November 2007, 04:00 PM
Yo all

Im looking at getting new spark plugs and instead of just going to repco and buying the brand they hand to me, i was wondering what people can suggest for a good quality product that has some improvment in power.

It wil be for me 3TC.

Thanks in advance.

RobertoX
22nd November 2007, 04:28 PM
denso platinum, but for a 3tc just get some replacement junks

Benno
22nd November 2007, 05:31 PM
^^^true that^^^OEM denso is the go, platinums are better and iridiums are the same as HKS and TRUST plugs(all made by nippon denso)

Benno
22nd November 2007, 05:32 PM
double

Benno
22nd November 2007, 05:32 PM
triple...WTF is going on

JDMJNKY
22nd November 2007, 05:34 PM
i use stock plugs in my gte sum ngk things iridium platinum= wank factor

stouty
22nd November 2007, 05:36 PM
yeh was thinking to just get some povo ones but im doing a full rebuild soon so want some idea for then.

Cheers

Gunner
22nd November 2007, 05:36 PM
as long as their in the right heat range u won't see any problems, obviously some brands do foul prematurely. iridiums and platinum do work well, but if the motor isnt runnin on a very tidy tune, or has a habit of fouling plugs dont waste ya money, and get a set of ngk's to suit ur application. The reason why i say this is baically value for money, if ur car is gonna foul a set of ngk's chance are itll foul ur $60 set of platinums, though if u are findin u are have ignition issues (not burnin right) then id try a set of good plugs

biggo
22nd November 2007, 05:39 PM
normal ngk, change every 10 000kms cos the melt. Platuim and iridium melt as well. Save money change more often

DavisJD
22nd November 2007, 05:46 PM
Im the same, I foul all plugs fairly quickly, check them most services and change them fairly frequently.

I've tried more expensive NGK's, they foul just as quick so I dont waste my time. Costs me somewhere around $5 a plug, cant really remember. But yeh, beats paying $20 or more a spark plug.