PDA

View Full Version : Front Strut top bolt

Gullie
23rd November 2007, 12:44 AM
it seriously WONT budge!?
i need it off to replace my springs, but it just isnt happening. I even got a socket on a bar and wacked it with the rear of an axe a few times. wont budge?
Has anybody else experienced this problem?
oh and i have the strut out and its off the lca.
And is there a certain way you are supposed to get the strut back onto the lca? it seems too far down and i cant lever the lca down far enough to get the strut back in?
GAHHH help me!

Btw this is all on ke70 struts

Lost Prophet
23rd November 2007, 12:50 AM
You might have to try and find a rachet gun to use. Otherwise the shock just keeps spinning (assuming i'm thinking of the right bolt)

Fozz
23rd November 2007, 12:56 AM
OMG r u serious ur doin it all wrong man put it back in the strut tower on the lca then undo it a little bit then take it out and undo the rest of it

i had the same problem as u when i put my king springs in lol

u wont need an air tools to tke it off

i also found a lazy way to do it bolt the control arm on and let it touch the ground so u can lever on the socket to remove the bolt

hope this helps

Javal
23rd November 2007, 02:40 AM
Get an air tool on the top nut and some vicegrips on the shock (not so tight as to score the shock).

Will come off eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaasy.

Gullie
23rd November 2007, 11:37 AM
thanks for all your help.
Cant exactly wait around till xmas for my air tools lol
but ill try unbolt the lca so i can get the strut back onto it
then start from scratch

Benno
23rd November 2007, 10:24 PM
rattle gun FTW
also try using a spring compressor, it'll save on your dental bill and make it easier to line up the shock shaft cutouts with the strut top when you replace it.
and i'd advise against use multigrips or vicegrips on the shock shaft, sure-fire way to ruin shocky seals.