PDA

View Full Version : Wheel Cleaning / Restoration help...

esjay
25th November 2007, 06:11 PM
anyone know of any products that are particularly good for cleaning off pretty stubborn marks and blemishes??

rears currently looking like this:

http://www.esj.com.au/images/bad.jpg

want them to be on par with the fronts, like this:

http://www.esj.com.au/images/good.jpg

Dish
25th November 2007, 06:23 PM
Wax and grease remover + Autosol(Autosol is polishing product for metal)
Or
Lightest grit sandpaper you can get + autosol

r3zzz4
25th November 2007, 06:28 PM
Pay someone to do it, i reckon its worth the money when you have to clean the centres on those kinds of wheels, they are a bitch just like stock ae86 wheels.

esjay
25th November 2007, 06:30 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dish @ Nov 25 2007, 06:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=441949)</div>
Wax and grease remover + Autosol(Autosol is polishing product for metal)
Or
Lightest grit sandpaper you can get + autosol[/b]

cheers man.. will give it a hit

Dish
25th November 2007, 06:32 PM
Just a note aswell, try the wax and grease remover first before you hit it with any sandpaper. I went over my wheels with a bit of wax and grease and turned out really well.

hachirusto
25th November 2007, 06:33 PM
use light grit sand paper and just slowly polish it up, you can do this to polish any type of wheels that werent polished before. then use metal polish to bring out the shine

Fozz
25th November 2007, 11:57 PM
elbow grease :P

nah jkz u can buy wheel cleaner at super cheap or the likes

esjay
26th November 2007, 10:16 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (fozz @ Nov 25 2007, 11:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=442097)</div>
elbow grease :P

nah jkz u can buy wheel cleaner at super cheap or the likes[/b]

i got some pretty decent wheel cleaner, but it doesn't even budge these stains..

Nikkojoe
26th November 2007, 11:23 AM
Those blemishes look like corrosion marks due to damaged areas of the protective clear coat. Only sanding will remove them and the wheel would need to be lacquered again in order to prevent further corrosion (otherwise you will be forever polishing the rims).

anastasios
26th November 2007, 11:56 AM
yea i rekon get it done professionally, perfect condition jap wheels wont lose their value

esjay
26th November 2007, 04:16 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (anastasios @ Nov 26 2007, 11:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=442213)</div>
yea i rekon get it done professionally, perfect condition jap wheels wont lose their value[/b]

cool.. might suss it out..
anyone got suggestions of some places in sydney that have a good rep / price for this work..