PDA

View Full Version : 4AGE Potential

Oped
3rd December 2007, 12:21 AM
Hey guys,
My current car is a MA7 Supra; the 3.0L, Single Turbo, Manual LSD one.

And well anyway I will be studying next year and wont be able to afford the petrol to lug its 1700kg+ ass through peak hour traffic every day, and well, i have always wanted a ae86 and am now considering it an option ad they are great light cars, and many would agree, once you have LSD you cant go back.

The only thing is how quick can a 4AGE be made to go... for a reasonable price... I know that for $12k or whatever you can get one of those 230hp Atlantic TRD 4AGE's but well, its 12k.

Ive been watching quite a few vids of some sick trueno's beating R34's, WRX's etc etc in touge races, but im wondering if they are all running those TRD 4AGE's or 4A-GZE's or done up 4AGE's.

Here is a few vids of a few trueno's of the engines in question:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ck222JSp3ok

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eH9wvKyZa34

Thanks guys

Benno
3rd December 2007, 08:04 AM
and a formula atlantic engine would be neither fuel efficient or street driveble.
at WOT that would chew more fuel than you MA70 easily and you wouldn't start moving till 6000rpm

sheldonmcg14
3rd December 2007, 08:39 AM
So you want to get a ae86 because the supra is too expensive. Just get a ke70 or ae71 and chuck a 16v 4age in it, then get itb's, cams and extractors

mello
3rd December 2007, 08:47 AM
the only reason why people get a 4age is because you can abuse it more then any other engine/car.
however that doesn't mean there aren't limits.

you'd be lucky to find a formula Atlantic engine for under 15k actually and that thing only revs to 10,000 rpm from memory

agreed you can get decent power from cams,extractors, exhaust, intake, aftermarket ecu, and itb's and thats pretty much where everyone would stop.
any higher and you will start spending big bux.

besides the corolla is good if you reduce all the problems such as leaking dizzy, leaking rocker cover gaskets, and keep it in check from all the other common problems.
With less then 1000kg of weight your looking at a fast car compared to todays standards on the road. (that does not mean go and hoon)

RobertoX
3rd December 2007, 09:24 AM
buy a 4ac ae71 and lower it if you want to save fuel

OR

put a 1j in your supra!

Gunner
3rd December 2007, 10:03 AM
yeh 1j in the supra, 1j in an 86

Clinton
3rd December 2007, 02:54 PM
^^ please dont do the later mod to an ae86