PDA

View Full Version : JDM Belhousing on 4ag Really Required

hatzo
18th December 2007, 12:19 AM
Following my previous thread ..Ive got another question ,
(seeing my mate will probly ask me this question in the Next few days ,
and I can see my self having to do it for him <_< )

I've looked at countless websites documenting 4age conversions ,
but very few state a JDM Bellhousing on the T50 its needed.

The real question is Can a ADM T50 setup be used with a 4age/4agze (still don't know what his plans are),
and if not why?

Im suspecting and Exhaust Clearance Issues..

hatzo
18th December 2007, 01:45 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dori 86 @ Nov 5 2007, 01:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=3679655)</div>
i miss mine , 4ac wit 3k worth of supension and handling parts , major fun in the wet , as for engine conversions the easiest route is jdm 4age then just wiring , vl fuel pump and banjo fitting to clear the exhaust if u run an aus t50 gearbox but it all depends on how much money u wanna spend and what the car will be used for . if its for drift i would go either 4agte or 4agze then wack a turbo on it when ur used to the power or even ca18det/sr20det but there is a fair bit of custom work required to fit them. good luck man u'll love the thing if it is set up right and yeah get a decent seat if its for drift cause u will be thrown around like a rag doll.[/b]
^ TTuned.com / aka toyota section on NS.com

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
The solution to this is to use the flywheel off any of the FWD 4AGE engines the 4AC flywheel is unable to be used because it is a six-bolt flywheel and the GZE and GE all use eight-bolt flywheels. Plus, as a bonus the FWD GE flywheel is slightly lighter than the GZE flywheel so the engine spins up a little faster. You need to then purchase a clutch kit and a bearing that fits into the end of the engines crank and centralises the gearboxes input shaft to the crank. With this set-up you can use the stock 4AC starter with no problems.[/b]
^^ http://www.geocities.com/anthonypedwell/Install.html in reference to a 4AGZE setup

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
6. Starter (can use SR-5 but it does not have a necessary heat shield and will eventually die)
8. GT-S bell housing (or whole GT-S trans)[/b]

^^http://www.aeu86.org/index/engine-ae86-sr-5-to-gt-s-swap/cat/9/topic=4156/post=72098

I think I found some answers , or a glimmer of hope , I will soldier on
and try to find a Positive Answer , ADM or JDM Bellhousing..

Gilly
18th December 2007, 08:49 AM
ADM is fine

more often used than not (here anyway)

anastasios
18th December 2007, 09:21 AM
yep adm is fine we used one with jdm exhaust mani and then used 100kw engine pipe without cat

RobertoX
18th December 2007, 12:27 PM
Like your first answer says though, with the short flexible clutch line going to the slave you'll need a longer line with a banjo fitting at the slave end. Otherwise the clutch line will be far too close to the exhaust

hatzo
18th December 2007, 01:22 PM
Cheers guys ,
that saved me a big head ache.
Using an ADM bellhousing saves hunting around the Import wreakers.

The rest of the stuff I am clued up on and is a bit of trial and error ,
with a combination of a wiring nightmare , but thank god Corollas ,
actually have wiring diagrams (not like S13s :glare:)

Im trying to be very through in reasearching the engine conversion ,
so it goes smoothly ,with out frustration.

Once again Thanks.

rthy
18th December 2007, 04:38 PM
just remmember when you get that custom stainless line made up to specificly ask for a banjo fitting, i cant remember how long you need by memory

skin
18th December 2007, 05:35 PM
I just got a bit of stainless steel wire, tied it around the rubber line then around the engine hook at the top to pull it up out of the way. I was using factory 4age rwmanifold and secondarys

rthy
18th December 2007, 05:48 PM
I hate to say it but.... thats dodgy as!