PDA

View Full Version : radiator bypass hose from heaterbox to the heater tap

Patric
21st December 2007, 03:28 PM
Hi all
Do you know if the radiator bypass hose from the heatertap (The one on the firewall) to the heaterbox is the same as any other car.

Tried to get one new from motortraders and repco but they looked at me blank. :(

P

ke70dave
21st December 2007, 04:13 PM
hey man

are you just talking about the rubber hoses?

or the metal pipe that goes into the heater core inside?

if its the first, then just go and buy some random heater hose pipe from supercheap

if its the 2nd, you might have a bit of fun, prolly need to take dash out to replace it as i assume it will go right inside into the heater core? you might be able to join some ordinary copper pipe or something, hard to say :blink:

Ru-iki
21st December 2007, 05:27 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Patric @ Dec 21 2007, 02:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=456051)</div>
Hi all
Do you know if the radiator bypass hose from the heatertap (The one on the firewall) to the heaterbox is the same as any other car.

Tried to get one new from motortraders and repco but they looked at me blank. :(

P[/b]

Maybe Im crazy but i though that the bypass and the heater were 2 separate loops. Might explain some blank stares.

Anthony
21st December 2007, 06:03 PM
the tap to heater hose is pretty much unique. only available genuine for about 130. i have second hand ones for 40. or you can make a vb..vk etc heater hose work but it doesnt look as neat. about 15 bucks.