PDA

View Full Version : RIMS affecting the way your cars looks??

Paw-DK
23rd December 2007, 08:04 PM
Dunno if it's an easy question but was wondering if 14s or 15s will affect the height of your car (the rim/tyre gap to the body/guard look)
Trying to get the same stance with 14s instead of 15s!!

Well the old rims on my car were reverse mesh 15 by 8 -22offset and 15 by 7 -22offset
they were the perfect rim size to fill the guards as the guards were pumped for that certain rim size

I currently have black hotwires 14 by 7 with 0 offset and they just looks shit on the car haha (mainly the height and the way the car sits)
(not talkin about ground clearance)
I know the guards arent close to the rims coz of the offset but dunno what rims specs affect what i am trying to achieved?

If i put 14s by 9 or 8 with 'whateva' negative offset would it still look the same as how the 15s were?
Would tyre size matter as i will prob get 195 upfront n 185 for the rear for more stretch yo
and theres pics below with the old and current rims

PLEASE any replies would be great.. all to make my hachi look sexy again haha
Thanks for your help people

anastasios
23rd December 2007, 08:29 PM
yd u sell the rims if its going to bother you that much? of course its goin to not look as fat

egg_83
23rd December 2007, 08:32 PM
Should have left it how it was if your were happy with it

Paw-DK
23rd December 2007, 08:35 PM
umm i would have bought the rims WITH the car but i didnt hav alot of money..
soo bought it with my current hotwires

what do you guys reckon about my little dilemma question..

anastasios
23rd December 2007, 08:46 PM
just get 15s something jap in that offset

slydar
23rd December 2007, 09:07 PM
you cant really get exactly the same stance... the wheel o.d (outside diameter) is pretty much the same.. but anything wide enough to stretch the tire will mean the slant on the tire will be differant. you can actually run an even deeper offset with a 14 because of this.. and obviously will look a little differant.

black 14" watanabes always look really mean on a red trueno.

RobertoX
24th December 2007, 10:51 AM
+1

Konakid
26th December 2007, 01:40 AM
Just buy some rims in the same or close to the sizes that looked dope on it originally...

But in a 14 if you want 14.

Offset/wheels make or break a car.

Paw-DK
26th December 2007, 12:13 PM
Thanks for your help yal

the only reason i wantd to get 14s is that i am worried my car won't be able to spin the rear with big dish rims with only a lightly modded 20v
Would 15s weigh that much more than a 14s with the same specs?? (i.e how easy it is to intiate and maintain the real wheel spinning)

And is it dumb to put 15s upfront n 14s in the rear.. the thing i mostly hate about the stance of my car right now is that the front is too high, dunno if its bcoz of the 14s or SOMETHING else?
But if so i will only plan to get some dish 15s for the front and buy a 20mm wheel spacer for my rear just for now

what do you guys reckon..

ke70dave
26th December 2007, 12:52 PM
having 14's on the front isnt going to be the reason that the front is high

you need to consider total rolling diameter, not the size of the wheel.

and as for not being able to spin 15" wheels with modded 20V? im no drifter, but i cant see you having any trouble spinning 14/15" wheels at all, a 4ac will spin 15" wheels good if you help it along a bit with a bit of the old weight shift.

r3zzz4
26th December 2007, 01:56 PM
Looks wise, the 14" give a bit more jap oldschool appearance, but id say go with a 15 if your after 8" or wider rims, purely because you will have such a great selection of tyres to giv you exactly the look/stance you want from the rims, tyres can make or break a good set of rims in my opinion.

Thats my 2c

Paw-DK
3rd January 2008, 06:17 PM
what do you think about having 15s in the front and 14s for the rear??
and what can be the reason why my front is high with the current rims?

Driftspec
3rd January 2008, 07:02 PM
Changing wheel sizes from from front to rear isn't recommended, it can seriously mess up your handling. Makes it feel real inconsistent in corners.

Normally the reason the front sits higher than the rear is the suspension. I know mine with 14" Hotwires appears to look higher at the font than the rear, the only explanation that can be given is the suspension/strut height being higher than the rear.

15" are popular on Sprinters because the wheel and tyre range is greater, but 14" rims with a 185/60 tyre on them is a real classic Jap look, and a lot of cars can pull it off quite successfully. Best idea is to look around other cars and see what style/offset you like, maybe do some photo editing to trial them on the car, and then finally go for it when you have made your choice :)

E7
3rd January 2008, 10:43 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KonaKid @ Dec 26 2007, 12:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=458489)</div>
Just buy some rims in the same or close to the sizes that looked dope on it originally...

But in a 14 if you want 14.

Offset/wheels make or break a car.[/b]

"wow, your screwed then"

JHS

RobertoX
4th January 2008, 06:36 PM
lolzenger

MARKE70
4th January 2008, 08:15 PM
Jasons old car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

give her my love.

And yer just match the spec of the SSR's that were on it.

As for 15 front 14 rear no wukkas, gearing changes slightly depending on tyre choice but other than that no difference. I use 15s with 195 50 on front and 14 with 185 60 on back and it feels great

drft86
4th January 2008, 08:29 PM
his old wheels were 15 x 8 -19 and 15 x 7.5 -15

the car could easily spin the 15's and has been slid at approx 160k no worries.

mrmatt
4th January 2008, 08:38 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (drft86 @ Jan 4 2008, 07:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=463206)</div>
his old wheels were 15 x 8 -19 and 15 x 7.5 -15

the car could easily spin the 15's and has been slid at approx 160k no worries.[/b]
You mean these wheels? :rolleyes:
[attachment=20655:hachi.jpg]

ae86 slide
5th January 2008, 10:04 AM
Hey mate, if the front is to high lower it, its got coilovers. The only reason i lifted it when i sold it to you was so it was easier to transport. And yeas it looked alot better with the big wheels. Oh i miss that car.

Paw-DK
6th January 2008, 12:24 PM
much appreciated for your reply people

hey jase would you know how much you lifted the front by??
and would the cars handling change that much with different height adjustments..

soo prob will get 15s upfront 14s rear OR all 15s FTW (y)

DOES ANYONE ELSE WANNA HAVE A SAY ON HAVING DIFFERENT RIMS SIZES FRONT TO REAR PLEASE??