PDA

View Full Version : RIM Issue

fat20v
18th April 2009, 10:07 PM
Went to the local tire shop today to have my tire check as the tyre has been losing its pressure. The store has mentioned that the reason is due to the rim (15x8 -15, no buckle or damage) is too old and too much offset thus it does not hold the pressure of the tire anymore.

Has anyone experienced the same issue and where can I get the rim repaired or what is the issue??

--Redwork--
18th April 2009, 10:20 PM
Is it a 2 or three peice rim...

The join could just need to be resealed with silicon if its a multi peive rim....

If the wheel is straight with no damage it sould hold air..
Offset has NO bearing on it at all...

Of its a single peice rim then. either the tyre is damaged or the vavle is stuffed.

cable tie
18th April 2009, 10:31 PM
pics of rims.... i'm in the market for some 15x8-15's if u wana sell them :P

fat20v
18th April 2009, 10:46 PM
its a work equip 3pc rim and the store has tried to put some stuff (some beards thingy) to strength the joint between the rim and tire, but pressure still leak along the wall. valve has been changed too. btw, its a brand new tire.

where can I buy metal valve???

cable tie
18th April 2009, 11:00 PM
where u located???

new tyre?? what size??

how old the rims>>?? u used them b 4>?? maybe the edge is slightly rollled out if there used?? or if u had them repaired there may be a slight blemish u can't seen on the in side of the rim where air is leaking out???

if the rim needs fixed talk to aluminium engenieering in brokvale, and the boys a bob jane broovale always fit tuff tyres and stretch on mine and they also have metal valves for free :P but not sure if thats close to you??

if it is u gota come meet me i wana chack ur 86 and we can do a palmy run :P

fat20v
19th April 2009, 12:29 AM
im located in ryde area...

btw .. i got it wrong .. its long champ... not equip

tire size is 195/50/15 the rims are old ... its from a mate.. its work well with the old doggy tire before putting the new tire on it. sign...

where abt the place in brokvale ... open on sat?? whats the damage $$ ??

any idea ... what's the issue or the tire is stuffed??

--Redwork--
19th April 2009, 12:37 AM
How long has the tyre been on the rim.???
Have you driven on it yet.??

The front runners on my drag car kept goin flat in about a day and half after gettin them fitted...
Once I drove on them they were fine...
Stayed up for ages...

If you had a tyre on there before and it was all right I'd be questioning the new tyre you put on... Did they replace the vavle when it was fitted.?
I've had a vavle play up on me befor...

I ended up just pumping the tyre up to about 50 psi the sticking a pen it there to let the pressure out then pumped it up again and was golden.. Was most likely just a bit of shit in it...

fat20v
19th April 2009, 12:42 AM
have the new tire tire for a few days... the loss of pressure happens the very next day after fitted... went back today ... and tested and changed the valve again... but pressure still leaks from the gap between the tire and the rim... they just claimed that its a old rims ... and old rims have this issue... gees..... i think they have no idea...

--Redwork--
19th April 2009, 01:09 AM
Yeah.... definatly sounds like it....

Go some wher else..

cable tie
19th April 2009, 05:38 PM
oh like these :Phttp://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/1/0/7/1/12032.jpg

place in brooky in on pittwater road, call them they'll direct u 02 9905 0481

they fitted my tires no probs and can put in new valve free wit $10 to fit tire prob??

otherwise if is bent and needs re rounding call alli engineering 99396319 anywhere from 60 to 180 with ploish depending how bent it is...

if u give up i'll buy them off you :P

fat20v
19th April 2009, 07:19 PM
thanks for the feedbacks and information.

will update again...

love these rims... therefore will not sell them

btw.. any recommended wheel alignment places???

blair
20th April 2009, 10:43 PM
almost sounds like they're just not setting the bead all the way or something stupid?

195/50 on a 8.5 has a bit of pull on 15's yeh?

cable tie
21st April 2009, 07:13 PM
this is a 195/50 on an 8
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/1/0/7/1/5240.jpg

fat20v
21st April 2009, 09:11 PM
going to another place this weekend ... to give it another go....

anyone out there can recommend a wheel alignment place that can adjust my castor, camber and toe .....

cable tie: u seemed to be a collector of long champ....

cable tie
22nd April 2009, 12:54 AM
yeh i've had a few :p only have a pair atm.... meshies are growing in my cupboard 4 different size pairs atm :p