PDA

View Full Version : clutch line heat shield

rich_86
30th December 2007, 11:09 PM
wat ideas ppl got to cover clutch line from extractor heat???cheers

Gunner
30th December 2007, 11:22 PM
that foily soft stuff you put around oil lines on turbo's and theres orange ones too lol. dont know what they're called

rich_86
30th December 2007, 11:26 PM
yea but where to get it from and how flexable is it

Gunner
30th December 2007, 11:32 PM
soft, its like a hose sock.where to get it, motorport connections, rocket. motorsport suppliers or really good auto shops

driftism
30th December 2007, 11:47 PM
get a braided line, saves spending money trying to stop a rubber one from melting.

rich_86
31st December 2007, 01:02 AM
its not melting its more as a precautionary measure for the time being before probs happens i was thinkin either stainless sheild....or heat wrap...something round those lines...

Benno
31st December 2007, 07:34 AM
ACL do a alloy/carbon heatshielding material(like what's standard on ford exhaust manifolds)
it's about $50 a sheet from supercheap, comes in handy

Hen is a total nutcase
31st December 2007, 12:00 PM
While it is a good idea to heat shield that line, it's not a necessity. For years I ran a banjo fitting on the slave and rubber line. Probably an inch or two from my exhaust without issue whatsoever.

rthy
1st January 2008, 01:09 PM
i agree with hens sujestion, a banjo fitting should fix most of your problems

Nikkojoe
1st January 2008, 08:47 PM
Banjo + braided line (to be safe).

maxhag
1st January 2008, 10:31 PM
You can get the slide on heat shield tubing stuff in all sizes from ENZED....... good for up to 800c
I used it on all my electrical wiring that goes anywhere near my turbo and dump pipe.

I have a braided clutch line that sits very very close to the dump pipe. As HEN said, i've never had a problem, and trust me, the dump pipe gets so incredibly hot!

My 2c

J Riftin

Gunner
1st January 2008, 10:37 PM
if that braided sits on the dump pipe then u'll be in shit when the plastic tube inside melts. not baggin anyone out, but that scenario may cause a severe fire.

maxhag
1st January 2008, 10:47 PM
it doesn't touch the dump pipe, but would sit about 3 - 4cm away...... its been 3 years with no problem but I guess i should put some heat shield on, just to be on the safe side

Gunner
2nd January 2008, 09:47 PM
i had a 200 on the dyno once and the dick that built the car (no not me) had the pressure line to the turbo sitting under the turbine housing and after a couple hard runs fuckin whooshka

scared me real good, but at the end of the day it comes down to 30 bucks worth of heat sock, or ur car