PDA

View Full Version : Factory Oil Press Sender

Dish
3rd January 2008, 11:54 AM
Hey guys.

Trying to run my guages and shit in at the moment, found probably the best way to do it, just need to know how long and what thread the sender is and how to get the fucker out. Went to toyota and asked if they had the sst part to get the bastard off but they didn't have it.

Thanks
-Roy

Hen is a total nutcase
3rd January 2008, 03:50 PM
Listen to Johnny below...

I seem to remember just unscrewing the pressure sender with a shifter too. Though I'm pretty hazy on it.

Hen

Dish
3rd January 2008, 06:09 PM
Fair enough. Cause you can get fuck all in there. Makes it even harder the engine being in the car. Any other way to get the bastard undone, might have to make myself a really thin spanner.

CEspaillat
3rd January 2008, 07:03 PM
Are you using a mechanical gauge or electric? I have a machanical in mine. I picked up an oil filter adaptor and bolted it up to my engine.....SO MUCH easier than drilling new holes or trying to hook it up to where the factory one is. It ran me about $20 on ebay.

skin
3rd January 2008, 08:03 PM
multi grips ftw

yea i need to know this thread too

Jonny Rochester
3rd January 2008, 10:08 PM
Toyota oil pressure switch/sensor uses 1/8" BSPT 28TPI threads. (British Standard Pipe Tapered)

The smallest fitting in your aftermarket kit would be 1/8" NPT 27TPI, which is not the right thread, don't force it. You need to buy an adapter. Try your local workshop that deals with race cars.

Dish
4th January 2008, 10:40 AM
Thanks Jonny. Gonna go back and talk to enzed now.

Only reason I didn't do the sandwich plate dealio is cause I need to run a temp and pressure, the temp is a long ass probe with a big fitting, which wouldn't fit into a sandwich plate.

Hen is a total nutcase
4th January 2008, 11:18 AM
Should have just left it for Johnny...

Going back to edit.

Jonny Rochester
4th January 2008, 07:21 PM
Ha ha. I didn't really know either. I just copyed my own responce to the same question 6 months ago.

Hen is a total nutcase
4th January 2008, 11:54 PM
Well OT I know, but you wouldn't believe how often I look back for old posts to find something I have long since forgotten about my car.

Hen