PDA

View Full Version : extractors

riojin
5th January 2008, 03:24 PM
im sick of driving my car with it feeling like a 6 cylinder. it has awesome bottom end and mid-range torque and all the power seems to be mid-range.

im after some extractors (and cam shafts but thats a different story) that will give my gze more top end power.

do you know of anyone who makes them or have any idea on how i could get my own made that will give me more top end?

im aiming at the 5500-6500rpm mark for peak power

*edit*
i know gzes are great for low-mid range but i want my power curve to even out a little and not drop off after 5500rpm

rthy
5th January 2008, 03:26 PM
show us a picture of wha you have now and I will tell you whats wrong with them, also its liekly you need to do different mods to get what you want

Jonny Rochester
5th January 2008, 03:35 PM
Have you got the big crank pully already?

riojin
5th January 2008, 03:55 PM
right now its running

nevo pulley kit (crank pulley, sc pulley) pushing about 13psi peak
modded abv
unknown NA 16V extractors

Jonny Rochester
5th January 2008, 04:08 PM
And what diameter exhaust and mufflers?

The normal way to raise the rev range is to fit longer duration camshafts, with some sacrifice to low end torque.

Benno
5th January 2008, 06:00 PM
the power deleivery of yor car is inherant of any P.D. supercharged engine.
you could reduce the feeling with certain mods but at the end of the day you're always going to feel it lacking in the top end in compareson to it's low-mid range.

sorry to say but the only way to truely eliminate that feeling is to go turbo

riojin
5th January 2008, 06:32 PM
dont know exactly the sizes but i think its 4-1 with it being 1.5inches into 2.5inches

i hear lenght of the extractors can effect the rev range. i dont know much about them thats why im asking about them.

camshafts i hear to use for the rev range i want are 256's or 264's with standard lift.

i thought about turbo but id sooner go worked NA than turbo. i dont want the issues related to turbo

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sam_Q @ Jan 5 2008, 03:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=463589)</div>
show us a picture of wha you have now and I will tell you whats wrong with them, also its liekly you need to do different mods to get what you want[/b]

theyre installed right now so even if i do get a pic you wont be able to see much

Gunner
5th January 2008, 07:47 PM
more top end power, lose the gze, and gain a gte.

riojin
5th January 2008, 07:59 PM
i dont want crazy top end, just a top end gain over my current setup. looks like ill start with cams...

Sparkle86
6th January 2008, 04:58 PM
Even with cams you still have the problem like Benno pointed out. A positive displacment supercharger will start to become restrictive higher in the rev range

rthy
7th January 2008, 04:50 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
theyre installed right now so even if i do get a pic you wont be able to see much[/b]

try me! hehehe

anyway you can get a turbo power curve without a turbo all you need is a centrifical supercharger. But as you said you just want a bit more breathing not a total change. You have boosted it right?

riojin
7th January 2008, 05:01 PM
its running 13-14psi@4000rpm instead of 8psi@4000rpm

a 5-6psi boost

Patto
7th January 2008, 05:02 PM
put a sc14 on it will move peak power further up rev range as supercharger will take longer to spool up with a bigger supercharger pulley to under drive it more

rthy
7th January 2008, 05:09 PM
an s14 wont fit it will hit the intake manifold and also a biger pulley on the supercharger will firstly bypass the clutch and then the teflon coating. Ontop of that it will reduce the boost not increase it, a bigger crank pulley is used for that and it sounds like he has that already.

Patto
7th January 2008, 05:20 PM
i know it will reduce boost ,but being a bigger supercharger it can be underdriven to make the same boost

rthy
7th January 2008, 05:23 PM
ok gotcha, sorry my miunderstanding