PDA

View Full Version : Drift Practice events?? Where

rgeorgiou
21st April 2009, 01:17 AM
Hi guys,

When is the next drift practices and where....

Whats is need to race also?

Regards
Rick

.ady
21st April 2009, 02:08 AM
The next drift practice session is in June the 20th which is on a saturday at winton

matt99
21st April 2009, 05:40 PM
Most information can be found on the vic drift site:

www.vicdrift.com

rgeorgiou
21st April 2009, 10:14 PM
The next drift practice session is in June the 20th which is on a saturday at winton

too far away... i want sooner...... lol what about skid pans etc.

need to drift. dont want to do it on the street cause i want to stay alive lol

what-psi
21st April 2009, 10:39 PM
There aren't any legal options in Victoria.
Correct me if i'm wrong, but i'm thinking the most used skid pan is the one at shepp, and they don't do drift days there.
Sandown has practice/beginner drift days every now and then, think the next one is ages away though from memory.
Phillip island/sandown/calder all won't let drifters on the circuits as it damages them too much.
So for the 6 times a year(7 if a vdc member), winton is the go.
Kinda means if you want legal stuff you've gotta get to every event.

shichi~
21st April 2009, 11:32 PM
whos got a farm :D

ill be at the next winton will get a convoy happening closer to the date :D

.ady
22nd April 2009, 12:10 AM
too far away... i want sooner...... lol what about skid pans etc.

need to drift. dont want to do it on the street cause i want to stay alive lol

hahah i think me as well as alot of people want to drift where it is closer to melb and often.. but waiting and getting on the track at winton is worth the way...otherwise street is your only option until then...

or you can drift in games :hehe: g25+d1 grand prix=:thumbup:

blacktopspirit
22nd April 2009, 07:37 AM
go on the Eastern fwy heading out bound, take the exit at Blackburn rd, hope you have a green light, turn right, clutch kick, and repeat from steps one.

thats about as close as you'll get to easy drifting

sort of makes you think that the amount of Victoria events is a bloody good reason for doing it on the street! I'm willing to put into a 20 acre block and build our own circuit as long as it's east side.

sprinter666
22nd April 2009, 09:22 AM
plus 1 to that, just a big tarmac parkinglot, put some orange cones down and fun :) if its newar a major area we could rent it out aswell : n on drift days charge 5 bucks n do non profit or charity, its all comin together... to bad it would cost like.... the price of a house.... :(

afew people here have paddocks here? paddock practice a go at anyones place? lol if only my uncle still had the farm *dreams*

blacktopspirit
22nd April 2009, 06:47 PM
there are few roads up near Toolangi and Healesville that are really really good roads but there all dirt, so unless you wanna practice your Rally skills you'll probably hit a tree or scratch the fuck out of your car, especially the Healesville ones, 120kmh entry's on dirt can be scary when the roads only as wide a dual lane st

matt99
22nd April 2009, 07:22 PM
I have a property.
Theres a KE and a Corona sitting there.
Theres also a track.
KEs jump just as well as they slide.

blacktopspirit
22nd April 2009, 07:32 PM
I have a property.
Theres a KE and a Corona sitting there.
Theres also a track.
KEs jump just as well as they slide.

this Sunday, your property, your beer ;)

choonga
22nd April 2009, 07:46 PM
lets goo!!!!!!!!

ae86
22nd April 2009, 07:56 PM
make it smooth and we will have ae86dc tandems ?

sprinter666
23rd April 2009, 12:05 AM
drift prac at matt's! no drink drifting! naughty naughty lol

what-psi
23rd April 2009, 01:04 AM
Drivers club state drinking titles?

blacktopspirit
23rd April 2009, 07:09 AM
drift prac at matt's! no drink drifting! naughty naughty lol

but I can only drift when I'm drinking :crying: if I'm sober I end up not hitting entry fast enough

sprinter666
23rd April 2009, 09:33 AM
well then ill be staying well back when ur driving lol

matt99
23rd April 2009, 08:52 PM
All this talk is leading to ideas. Might have to think some stuff up, keep your ears peeled.

shift_rook
23rd April 2009, 08:55 PM
i'll bring the beer, sounds like good fun, some nice open parkin lots rick, just have to keep an eye out, also some nice wide corners you can practice on on the road

Water Boy
23rd April 2009, 09:44 PM
Other than Winton there isnt really many drift options.

But there is basic level speed events where the rules dont say you cant drift :thumbup:

So any of the following are options:

Rob Roy Hillclimb
Huanted Hills Hillclimb
Asphalt motokharna's.

My mates did a motokharna a last year some time out west some where at an old factory, run by the Light Sporting Car Club. It has banked turns and a set of S's aswell as the normal witches hat corners.

Ill find a video for you to see :thumbup:

Water Boy
23rd April 2009, 10:10 PM
Its called Attwood and its a driving training centre but on the weekends they have grass roots motosport events there:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zm27TC_5kU0

Water Boy
23rd April 2009, 10:10 PM
BTW that guy cant drive for poo :shout:

Water Boy
23rd April 2009, 10:17 PM
Just spoke to my Dad and its also the Police motorsport complex.

He ran there in th 80's and said it would be a ripper of a place for drifting, with some tight corners and and some sweeping but with not to long straights.

Events are run there by many different car clubs and entry fees are normally around the $50 dollar mark plus you must have a Cams licence.

I hope that helps some of you keen to compete but dont want to drive far.

marlon
23rd April 2009, 10:46 PM
mmm street/industrails is the only practical place to drift...but seeing as im paranoid about cops rocking up on the other side of the corner- my diffs a single spinner

rgeorgiou
25th April 2009, 07:34 PM

sprinter666
14th May 2009, 10:39 PM
go on the Eastern fwy heading out bound, take the exit at Blackburn rd, hope you have a green light, turn right, clutch kick, and repeat from steps one.

thats about as close as you'll get to easy drifting

sort of makes you think that the amount of Victoria events is a bloody good reason for doing it on the street! I'm willing to put into a 20 acre block and build our own circuit as long as it's east side.

im scared of blacky road exit now, my car kicked out in the wet n i didnt mean it to, well half anyway, crapped myself :( and found any 20 acre blocks yet?

Intense
15th May 2009, 01:31 AM
湖山峠

If you go back to grass roots, there's heaps of places to go drifting, even more if you bring a jerry can.

wntdae86
15th May 2009, 03:51 PM
i think i may make a call or 2 just to find out wat happen to bob jane ... old man he is lol !!!! will keep eye out for drift spots to

hendo
17th May 2009, 11:33 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5ALGX4JJTI&feature=related this is haunted hills in an "ea86" (name fail), great circuit, i'm tying to head out there some time this year.

what-psi
17th May 2009, 11:41 PM
i think i may make a call or 2 just to find out wat happen to bob jane ... old man he is lol !!!! will keep eye out for drift spots to

Word is that they won't run drifting at calder anywhere in the near future after redoing the 60ft section of the drag strip. That and the fact that not enough people went.

Intense
18th May 2009, 03:04 AM
No one went because it was shit and the staff at calder didn't have a clue as to what they were doing.

Vicdrift were willing to help them run the events and they did allow that a few times and those events were fine, but then they decided to do it on their own and it went to shit real fast. 10 runs the whole night wasn't unheard of because they wouldn't release the next car untill the first car had made it's way well down the straight. And they wouldn't allow more than one car at a time. They're a bunch of fkn clowns and the track itself is actually really shit to drift anyway.

.ady
18th May 2009, 12:20 PM
its still closer......petrol money bro

toyoda
18th May 2009, 12:43 PM
you clearly havnt drifted calder at a club out run day, calder is awsome fun the way we ran it

No one went because it was shit and the staff at calder didn't have a clue as to what they were doing.

Vicdrift were willing to help them run the events and they did allow that a few times and those events were fine, but then they decided to do it on their own and it went to shit real fast. 10 runs the whole night wasn't unheard of because they wouldn't release the next car untill the first car had made it's way well down the straight. And they wouldn't allow more than one car at a time. They're a bunch of fkn clowns and the track itself is actually really shit to drift anyway.

Intense
18th May 2009, 03:05 PM
The bottom end of the tracks good but when you compare winton to calder, you can really see the downfalls. The staff at calder put water barriers up all over the place, pre apex even so if you screw up you're gonna mess something up.

The tracks in pretty crap condition as well, it's bumpy and inconsistant, the only real thing it's got going for it is that it's close. Untill calder let someone else do a drift day there, vicdrift or cluboutrun, I wouldn't bother.

aussyboyz
26th May 2009, 09:42 PM
i found a email from the people who run haunted hills race track. To ask about drifting out there and they said NO in capitals. lol