PDA

View Full Version : I bought a guard roller

Konakid
21st April 2009, 05:38 PM
If any of ya'll wanna use it:

$60 per car and its yours, will live at AJPS, Send Lawson an email or give him a ring to arrange a time, do as many cars as you want, bring your friends, lets have a party'nt.

Heat gun and hammers will be available for your extreme wheel fitting needs.

Break it, you pay me what i paid for it basically, thought doubt that will happen.

Will have it tomoro night.

Peace

Eddy
21st April 2009, 08:03 PM
trolley poles are free!!

R&D Mechanical
21st April 2009, 08:52 PM
So can it roll front and rear guards yes?

Kid Karola
22nd April 2009, 01:09 AM
epic win!

Chairs with flares
23rd April 2009, 02:58 AM
trolley poles are free!!

Or wooden baseball bats with notches cut every inch or so... Wood slides along the guard easier and the notches keep it at a set diameter...

Can get pretty wide if you're good too...

:hehe:

svenmate
23rd April 2009, 03:10 PM
you know from experience, jeff?? :P

Chairs with flares
24th April 2009, 07:02 PM
you know from experience, jeff?? :P

You don't really need the notches if you've got someone to guide the bat/pole; but if you're doing it yourself, you jack the car up to increase the wheelgap, then lower it back down onto the bat and line up the notch to sit on the guard lip with a bit of weight on the bat so you can't turn it by hand. Then drive forwards and back so the bat rolls between the tire and guard. If you don't have the notches, the bat will slide onto the narrow bit.

You just repeat moving one notch at a time until you're happy with the width.

Of just use an angle grinder and bolt-on flares if you want real width...

IMO anyway...

:hehe:

Axentrik
24th April 2009, 08:35 PM
does this just pres the underside of guard up or does it pump out the guard too.

wondering if using this would fuck my fresh paint.

Konakid
24th April 2009, 11:36 PM
pumps the guard, yes it will fuck your paint unless you heat it up, even then you wont be able to get much flare at all before the paint will crack.

It goes:

Buy wheels
Slam
Make them fit by molesting body
Paint if you wish.

If you dont do it in that order you have to repaint shit/by different wheels/change your suspension, not good.

slidwayz
6th May 2009, 11:54 AM
hey mate i dont know anythign about guard rolling although im keen to do it diy style! im keen to do it so if u help me out i could hook u up with a slab of ur favs?

Konakid
6th May 2009, 12:22 PM
The roller is currently broken atm, but its getting fixed so ill let you know when its good to go.

Sherlock
6th May 2009, 08:00 PM
Shoot me a PM when you fix it if you remember. Need to roll ye-old guards.

crackett
8th May 2009, 10:21 PM
Will this make girls look at my neatly tucked tyres? How much flare you reckon I could get?

R&D Mechanical
8th May 2009, 10:26 PM
Think he said $60?

*wow you can read the brosureee*

lol had to say it

crackett
8th May 2009, 10:40 PM
^ If you are posting in reference to my post then you're wack. I'm not asking how much for a flare. Asking how much flare I can get out of my guards...

But I may be mistaken by your post.

Konakid
8th May 2009, 10:58 PM
crackhead, what are your wheel and tyre specs?

Can pull 32 guards a good 25mm

crackett
9th May 2009, 05:06 PM
Done. When my car has the new disco potatoe I'll do it and give your black ass some cash.

R&D Mechanical
10th May 2009, 02:28 PM
My post was clearly a joke just like my life. No offense intended.

Adash =P
11th May 2009, 01:50 AM
$60 and I use it? I wouldn't have a clue how to operate it.

I might need it if I go lower.

KKUSTOM
13th May 2009, 09:11 PM
Hi,

Im Troy McLure

you might remeber me from such instructional films as "Bob loses his eye brows stretching tyres" and "Billy goes blind welding a diff"

LOL :hehe::thumbup:

Konakid
15th June 2009, 06:23 PM
So this is fixed, had lawson hook up a new piece of threaded aluminium from his machinist to replace the exquisite piece of chinese manufacturing that took all of 5 minutes to break.

PM me if you want to use it/me to help you get your guards done. Im away atm but will be back soon so pm me.

ke_70
20th June 2009, 01:21 AM
do u hav a picture of the finished product?

Konakid
20th June 2009, 02:16 AM
The machined bit of aluminium you mean? Or the whole guard roller.

Available any time basically during the day, PM to arrange a time yo.

ke_70
20th June 2009, 02:36 AM
na the flared guard dont worry if its 2 much trouble not interested 4 a while

Konakid
20th June 2009, 02:52 AM
Have only done a mates 180, he had already pipe rolled and flared so it didnt really do much.

crackett
21st June 2009, 07:04 PM
Got any pics?

Konakid
21st June 2009, 08:11 PM
of what? A done guard?

The pole on on 180 did pretty much everything, cant really show what the roller did, only made a few mm difference.

The edge of the guard was lipped out making it a bit 'verandah' spec which doesnt look that good if you go to far.

Roller makes it so you can pull the guard out.

crackett
21st June 2009, 08:21 PM
I have poled the fuck out of my rears. Want to pull it so I can tuck they tyre just under. Probably need to get about 25mm out of it. Might just need to flare it though.

Konakid
21st June 2009, 08:49 PM
sounds like it'll need a cut and flare dude.