PDA

View Full Version : t18 its leen and green and rearended

sdm86
27th January 2008, 01:35 PM
Bought mint t-18 out of the paper about a fortnight ago for a pretty good price, pretty awesome paint, chrome bumpers in perfect nick, badges nice and shiny,
pretty well perfect condition with only little bit of rust on the passenger door and little spots here or there,

i bought the car completely stock from a nice little old lady in the quiet suburb of gijiganup(about an hour out of perth)

drove the car home, pretty happy with my buy, was getting me to work and all that crap,

as we speak, it has a blown head gasket,

ive bought some Rims for the beast, just need some longer wheel studs.

after just selling the s13 pig i now have funds for me 4-age conversion, and some suspension and locker diff

will post more pics up when i get a hold of the camera.

resol
27th January 2008, 02:13 PM
looks mint(y) lol. didnt know they came out in such a colour, respray?

look forward to seeing more of these things getting modified.

shorty
27th January 2008, 02:40 PM
for a tgayteen she seems pretty nice actually

pending more pics and pics of wheels ;)

JinxD
27th January 2008, 03:30 PM
belive it or not this car hasnt been resprayed its acutley a rare factory color (slightly metalic) ... this car is so mint even came with some pimp old school driving gloves... true grandma spec

sdm86
27th January 2008, 03:56 PM
another pic from my phone, awaiting on usb cord to upload more of the interior and engine.

Sherlock
27th January 2008, 04:00 PM
Very unique colour, I like it. Now just needs dish and dumped-ness :lol:

sdm86
27th January 2008, 04:01 PM
rims have dish, not much, not sure of the offset, but there 14x6 and fill the guards perfect,
yes.
thinking going on the dodge and getting some AU springs and chopping in half??

sdm86
27th January 2008, 04:08 PM
pictures of the rims
tyres are 185/70's

picked up from a guy off here, goes by the name of todd. good guy picked em up with tyres for a clean $280 (one tyre has a small puncture)

**just need to polish them up, bit dirty**

Javal
27th January 2008, 04:21 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (d1doony @ Jan 27 2008, 03:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=475321)</div>
rims have dish, not much, not sure of the offset, but there 14x6 and fill the guards perfect,
yes.
thinking going on the dodge and getting some AU springs and chopping in half??[/b]

Well it depends what you want from the car. If you just want a drift hack, then sure go for it.

But, this car is an absolutley mint example of a TE72. there's bugger all of them left and this one is in excellent condition, so i for one would be against doing dodgys on it. There's heaps of good parts and information out there, so do your research before rushing into anything :)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (d1doony @ Jan 27 2008, 03:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=475328)</div>
pictures of the rims
tyres are 185/70's

picked up from a guy off here, goes by the name of todd. good guy picked em up with tyres for a clean $280 (one tyre has a small puncture)

**just need to polish them up, bit dirty**[/b]

Ahh, challengers, nice. They go very well on T-18's, when they have the right offset :lol: Yours would be about a +15 - +18 offset. not ideal, but they'll do.

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/8/4/3/163037.jpg
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/8/4/3/163040.jpg

Some inspiration for you also:
Tough T-18 thread (http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/board/index.php?showtopic=25510&st=0&start=0)

Good luck with it mate!

sdm86
27th January 2008, 04:32 PM
yeah, that thread is pretty sweet, unfortunately theres a few gay ones in there.

the ute is awesome, seen that before

yeah my mate is "upgrading" to coil overs for his 86, so hopefully might be able to use his for on the cheap.

just not sure if it will all fit,

but yes, after the 4-age
locker diff.
and some spenshion... exciting times at the moment.

*EDIT* that cream one is "just half steppins" t18s yes ?

Todd
27th January 2008, 04:39 PM
hey man i found your thread.
good to see those wheels are coming in use for the t18.

have NEVER seen one that colour though...
i have those wheels studs for the wheels actually because they don't fit my new ssr's so you can have them if u like.

swap for normal nuts?
anyway looks good.
peace.
todd.

Beserker99
27th January 2008, 04:48 PM
Whoah!

Are you the friend of Mikes, with the CA18 conversion in his AE86?

If so...even if not....damn you with your $500 rego'd T18. Mine was $150 but not rego'ed :(

Javal
27th January 2008, 04:50 PM
Yes, the cream one is Just Half Steppin's (JHS). Along with the black one. which was once a yellow one. And two white ones before that. And a grey one aswell.

sdm86
27th January 2008, 05:11 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (todd @ Jan 27 2008, 02:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=475343)</div>
hey man i found your thread.
good to see those wheels are coming in use for the t18.

have NEVER seen one that colour though...
i have those wheels studs for the wheels actually because they don't fit my new ssr's so you can have them if u like.

swap for normal nuts?
anyway looks good.
peace.
todd.[/b]
haha, yeah man, just the nuts ?
or the studs as well ?
might be able to pop up tuesday evening bout 7ish if thats cool.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Beserker99 @ Jan 27 2008, 02:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=475348)</div>
Whoah!

Are you the friend of Mikes, with the CA18 conversion in his AE86?

If so...even if not....damn you with your $500 rego'd T18. Mine was $150 but not rego'ed :([/b]

yeah mikes probably one of my best mates, hes been working hard on the 86, its getting wired as we speak, looking for around 150 atw stock, hes got the diff in aswell, things are looking good for him (y) (y)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Javal @ Jan 27 2008, 02:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=475350)</div>
Yes, the cream one is Just Half Steppin's (JHS). Along with the black one. which was once a yellow one. And two white ones before that. And a grey one aswell.[/b] ashame hes not on the forums no more.

Todd
27th January 2008, 05:42 PM
the mag wheels nuts which have lugs on them that screw through the actual wheels themselves.
they are the right ones to use for those wheels i just forgot to give them to you.

but yeah tuesday evening sounds good man, as long as u bring the t18. haha

sdm86
27th January 2008, 06:01 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (todd @ Jan 27 2008, 03:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=475373)</div>
the mag wheels nuts which have lugs on them that screw through the actual wheels themselves.
they are the right ones to use for those wheels i just forgot to give them to you.

but yeah tuesday evening sounds good man, as long as u bring the t18. haha[/b]

SORRY TODD SEIZED ENGINE IN THE t18 !!!!
but as soon as i have the 4-age in.
ill drop down
sorry man, looks like ill be coming up either in the old mans pimped out hyundai or the r31 :)

MORE PICTURES

*NOTE: the radiator made out of rust and the completely stock immaculate interior, with absolutely nothing wrong with it*
*NOTE: first mod - steering wheel and boss kit and black stockies for the whole tryhard driftspec*

sdm86
27th January 2008, 06:05 PM
MORE PICS TO COME AFTER THE CONVERSION AND PROBABLY DURING THE CONVERSION

JinxD
27th January 2008, 06:12 PM
go the racing slicks!

hilton
27th January 2008, 08:45 PM
loks nice and tidy man good find!

sdm86
28th January 2008, 01:17 AM
yeah cheers mate,

does anyone know if a suspension set-up from an ae86 would go straight on, I'm pretty confident the shocks would, but not to sure about springs, anybody know any good springs that would suit the t18 ?

cheers.

Javal
28th January 2008, 02:18 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (d1doony @ Jan 28 2008, 12:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=475619)</div>
yeah cheers mate,

does anyone know if a suspension set-up from an ae86 would go straight on, I'm pretty confident the shocks would, but not to sure about springs, anybody know any good springs that would suit the t18 ?

cheers.[/b]

Shocks are the same size, although you have to change the gland nuts to suit.

TE72 and AE86 rear springs are the same.

Front ones are different, AJPS does some though i think, AE86 springs SORT OF fit.

sdm86
28th January 2008, 02:31 AM
haha by "Sort of" do you mean "smack it with a hammer and see where it goes"
or do you have to modify the struts

Javal
28th January 2008, 02:51 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (d1doony @ Jan 28 2008, 02:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=475638)</div>
haha by "Sort of" do you mean "smack it with a hammer and see where it goes"
or do you have to modify the struts[/b]

No, they just don't sit in the spring seat properly.

Best long term thing to do IMO would be to upgrade to a XT130 Corona or RA60 Celica strut.

sdm86
28th January 2008, 03:12 AM
what about the 86's ?

theres an ra60 being wrecked i heard in the local pick a part.
would that be easier ?

Javal
28th January 2008, 03:28 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (d1doony @ Jan 28 2008, 02:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=475654)</div>
what about the 86's ?

theres an ra60 being wrecked i heard in the local pick a part.
would that be easier ?[/b]

The AE86 strut is, in ADM form, a downgrade from the TE72 strut. The AE86 strut has smaller brakes and a different spring seats + strut top, different strut top. Different brake caliper mount spacing, and i'm not sure about the stub axle.

Yes, you can put vented rotors (and matching calipers) from a JDM AE86 on them, but this is barely an upgrade, they will only be more consistent under hard use.

On the AE86 strut, there is scope for improvement. The FC RX-7 Caliper + Mini Cooper Rotor is one common one, as is Commodore caliper / magna rotor. There are 'bolt on' upgrades available from a number of Chinese companies, but, their Chinese, and junk. ab-so-lute JUNK.

The XT130 strut uses the same size shock as an AE86 and TE72, so there's a good selection.

From the Caliper and rotor are bigger than a standard AE86 / TE72, albiet still non-vented. There is a better scope for simpler upgrades though.

Hilux Calipers + Peugeot Rotors are a very common upgrade.

And there is a kit which is almost finished to put an R32 GT-R caliper and 300ZX rotor on them.

I only suggested the RA60 cause they have moderately sized vented brakes standard, but there are some issues with the strut causing positive camber.

Oh, edit:

The best plan with ANY of these struts is to turn them into coilovers.

And there's also an upgrade for the T-18 strut floating around (JHS had it on one of his) using a Cortina caliper and Magna rotor.

Konakid
28th January 2008, 03:42 AM
Josh, shutup, the 86 strut has 2mm smaller brakes, its not a downgrade, its actually an upgrade because you can now buy decent high temp pads!

Magna caliper is the same problem as t18 caliper, can't get any decent pads.

Corona struts are like lead, don't bother. Just get some 86 coilovers and redrill one strut hole.

Javal
28th January 2008, 03:53 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KonaKid @ Jan 28 2008, 03:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=475660)</div>
Josh, shutup, the 86 strut has 2mm smaller brakes, its not a downgrade, its actually an upgrade because you can now buy decent high temp pads!

Magna caliper is the same problem as t18 caliper, can't get any decent pads.

Corona struts are like lead, don't bother. Just get some 86 coilovers and redrill one strut hole.[/b]

The AE86 and TE72 brakes in standard form are just as bad as each other.

Truth about the pads.

The corona struts are no heavier than AE86 ones.

sdm86
28th January 2008, 04:07 AM
probably best to go for the AE86's then ?
be easier to source the right parts and all the kinda crap ?

sdm86
28th January 2008, 04:09 AM
will be going towards some coilovers ASAP

sdm86
28th January 2008, 12:00 PM
so the decision is made,
4-age
suspension
strut and probably break "upgrade"

on tuesday I'm grabbing the studs off todd, so will take some pictures off the car with the rims. :)

Konakid
28th January 2008, 12:37 PM
I also said that corona struts were heavier, anyway...

What pads are available for the t18 and cortina calipers? There are almost none other than a small street pad upgrade I'm sure.

Why are T 18 struts junk? If they are turned into coilovers they can still house the same shock as 86 strut, its just the brakes on them that are the problem, making much more sense to go with the 86 strut.

sdm86
28th January 2008, 01:29 PM
the brakes are tiny !!
i can basically put my hand around them.
and drums on the back (n)(n) drums FTL unless i wanna lock the handbrakes :) *edit* which is always fun, untill you get bald spots.

Javal
28th January 2008, 01:57 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (4agteketo @ Jan 28 2008, 04:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=475669)</div>
WRONG WRONG and WRONG

Series 1 T18 struts are junk...ditch them...

Corona struts ARE heavier

Can get decent pads for both the T18 AND Cortina Calipers....NOT WORTH IT THOUGH

AE86 Struts are the logical way to go....

by going AE86 Struts you have the easy upgrades available, correct sized spring seats, etc...

the only thing Javal got right was the RA60 struts causing POSITIVE camber in STD form.....

and the only thing KonaKid got right was that 2mm size difference ISNT a down grade....[/b]

Cheers for that one Jesus :fap:

You know, i try to do a good thing by listing the guys options instead of blasting him with 100 posts of 'search, faggot'.

I didn't set out to make a list of stock strut upgrades, instead listing WHICH STRUTS HAVE THE BEST POTENTIAL FOR FUTURE UPGRADES.

MOST of my information is correct. Quick being such an perfectionist prick and go back to worrying about the fitment on your 15 x 9 +11's.

d1dooney:

I'm still going to reccomend the corona struts if you plan to take this car seriously.

But hey, if you just want to bust skids then why not just do it half arsed anyway.

Whatever you do, coilover it.

Javal out.

Javal
28th January 2008, 04:35 PM
4agteketo: you will have PM shortly.

d1dooney: sorry for clogging your thread, i will swap thoughts with 4agteketo via pm to see if we can both agree on something.

Also, one thing would help:

What do you really want to do with the car, long term and short term.

sdm86
28th January 2008, 10:18 PM
short term - RUNNING daily driver
Long term - full time drift pig. :)

working full time and living at home paying no board, pretty lucky, so basically 100% of funds will be thrown at the car :)

sdm86
28th January 2008, 10:18 PM
short term - RUNNING daily driver
Long term - full time drift pig. :)

working full time and living at home paying no board, pretty lucky, so basically 100% of funds will be thrown at the car :)

Beserker99
28th January 2008, 10:32 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (d1doony @ Jan 28 2008, 07:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=476216)</div>
Long term - full time drift pig. :)[/b]

If you happen to get it to Barbagello...I'll see yours up there wid mine ;)

Javal
28th January 2008, 10:40 PM
AE86 struts with JDM brakes would be a go-er i think, with the potential to upgrade to FC RX-7 brakes later on.

sdm86
28th January 2008, 11:04 PM
If you happen to get it to Barbagello...I'll see yours up there wid mine ;)
[/quote]

6-9months hopefully (y)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Javal @ Jan 28 2008, 08:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=476228)</div>
AE86 struts with JDM brakes would be a go-er i think, with the potential to upgrade to FC RX-7 brakes later on.[/b]

SO MANY ALTERNATIVES ARGH :blink:

sdm86
28th January 2008, 11:42 PM
well arent you just special:)

crackett
29th January 2008, 01:11 AM
he is sure :wub:

sdm86
29th January 2008, 12:48 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (crackett @ Jan 28 2008, 11:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=476299)</div>
he is sure :wub:[/b]

haha HE KNOWS ALL..

anybody know cheap and effective way of removing rust ?
will post picture of damage later this afternoon. B)

sdm86
29th January 2008, 07:02 PM
PICS OF RUST ha

The first two pics show the rust which is about half way down the car on the passenger side right at the bottom

the second one is just behind the tyre on the guards on both sides, about the same damage

theres also tiny spots and crap like that in and around and under the bonnet :)

would this be a simple bog job ? :o

*edit* the rust is about 40mm long on the side

superbmobile
29th January 2008, 07:17 PM
get a grinder with a grinding disc or a flap disc and grind the rust away. then get some rust converter and treat the surrounding area.
after that get some metal bond stuff or fibreglass filler and fill it in. Then use some standard body filler to get it super smooth.
If ya got a welder, weld a small piece of sheet metal in then body fill over that. Its not that nessicary though in your situation. The above method shouuld serve effective on a small surface of rust.

sdm86
29th January 2008, 07:21 PM
yeah its not massive, but its just pissing me off, knowing its going to keep getting bigger.
so basically just get some fiberglass filler ?

Beserker99
29th January 2008, 10:28 PM
Hahaha, it's like a clone of mine LOL

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/8/4/3/163520.jpg (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v396/Beserker99/My%20TE72/TE72019.jpg)

superbmobile
29th January 2008, 11:36 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (d1doony @ Jan 29 2008, 05:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=476717)</div>
yeah its not massive, but its just pissing me off, knowing its going to keep getting bigger.
so basically just get some fiberglass filler ?[/b]

yeah man just a fibre filler will do. But if you can you might as well get the metal filler stuff. Its alot stronger and will last longer than a plain fibre glass filler, rust shouldnt come back with it cause it uses stainless steel and it also uses fibreglass aswell for extra strength. Septone makes the stuff under the name (Metal Tech). Its good and pretty cheap.

sdm86
30th January 2008, 11:32 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Beserker99 @ Jan 29 2008, 08:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=476905)</div>
Hahaha, it's like a clone of mine LOL

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/8/4/3/163520.jpg (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v396/Beserker99/My%20TE72/TE72019.jpg)[/b]

haha phirom, spotto your car the other day.
forget where but i was like omgwtfzzzZZz ha.
is that your t-18? :huh:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (superbmobile @ Jan 29 2008, 09:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=476954)</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (d1doony @ Jan 29 2008, 05:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=476717)
so basically just get some fiberglass filler ?[/b]

yeah man just a fibre filler will do. But if you can you might as well get the metal filler stuff. Its alot stronger and will last longer than a plain fibre glass filler, rust shouldnt come back with it cause it uses stainless steel and it also uses fibreglass aswell for extra strength. Septone makes the stuff under the name (Metal Tech). Its good and pretty cheap.
[/b][/quote]

yeah, money isnt really an issue, especially with these kind of things, rather it get done properly the first time and not have to worry about it again. B)

superbmobile
30th January 2008, 02:11 PM
yeah, money isnt really an issue, especially with these kind of things, rather it get done properly the first time and not have to worry about it again. B)
[/quote]

yeah definatly. Do it right and the rust shouldnt come back.

Beserker99
30th January 2008, 08:37 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (d1doony @ Jan 30 2008, 08:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=477116)</div>
haha phirom, spotto your car the other day.
forget where but i was like omgwtfzzzZZz ha.
is that your t-18? :huh:[/b]

Yeap sure is. Most of the rust is all gone now. I have yet to fix that door....but I finally drove the car for the first time today after purchasing the car the odd 6 months ago :)

Had to work on the other side of my car now. So hopefully in a couple weeks or so it'll finally hit the pits for rego.

sdm86
31st January 2008, 12:35 AM
which pits do you find are the easiest ?

do i need engineers certificate for the conversion(4-age)

sdm86
1st February 2008, 01:14 AM
today i put the rims on the car, in the other pictures they were fairly dirty and dusty, so cleaned them up, and fixed the puncture.
hope you enjoy the pictures. :rolleyes:

the fronts rub, but I'm guessing its because it still feels like I'm driving a boat,
so some stiffer shocks/spirng set up, just to get me from A-B at the moment. :huh:

Engine conversion will be starting on Monday and hopefully finished before the weekend :) (y) :D (y)

will post more pics ASAP B)

Todd
1st February 2008, 03:11 PM
yeah they sit on her pretty nicely man.

I'm thinking you should get a lower profile tyre though because those ones look like a tractor haha same problem i had with them on my ke70

but yeah drop her a good 4-6 inches and u will be laughing.

sdm86
2nd February 2008, 01:20 PM
conversion starting on monday hopefully, can't really do much without ae71 steering rack and column though.

:)

todd - will send money on monday or tuesday.

Todd
2nd February 2008, 02:49 PM
no worries dude I'm not in a rush for anyting.

goodluck with the conversion haha :)

sdm86
3rd February 2008, 11:48 AM
haha and the $ $ $ $$$$$$$$$$$$

FAIL

sdm86
5th February 2008, 12:38 PM
PICKING UP ENGINE TODAY
pictures later.

sdm86
17th February 2008, 12:39 PM
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/9/3/6/553640.jpg
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/8/4/3/164678.jpg
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/8/4/3/164679.jpg

3 days of hard work have finally paid off
thanks ken and anthony !
4-age power ftmfw

sickowatts FTW

stahlz_ae86
17th February 2008, 12:44 PM
Looks right at home.

sdm86
17th February 2008, 12:53 PM
yeah actually looks like its meant to be there, the guys did a fucking top job!

extremely happy with the final product, just need to get some cheap secondaries

EDIT: s13 radiator placed in the aswell, thought i might as well go all out

Gullie
17th February 2008, 03:22 PM
oh man that looks sweet!! nice work

Todd
17th February 2008, 05:02 PM
HOOORAYYY

now i get my 20 bucks haha nearly anyway.
nah its good to see it in the engine bay.

ps if u end up coming over tomorrow or whenever and ur bumpers and diff are gone, it wasnt me.

sdm86
17th February 2008, 05:40 PM
fuck you toddles you over jelos fag boy

haha we will go for a mad dog drag
4age
or your zoopercharge piece of shit

Todd
17th February 2008, 07:03 PM
well u mayaswell come on a donkey then?

sdm86
17th February 2008, 11:27 PM
sorry JHS(just hell stupid)
i will drive to SA and tarmac rally your sweet ass.

connection
17th February 2008, 11:48 PM
so you put a 4age in, but left the steering box?! whats your reason, lol?

RobertoX
18th February 2008, 01:41 AM
NOOBS:

JAVAL - AE86 brakes 234 MM x 12 ADM solid

and 234 x 18mm VENTED JDM

t18 te72 231mm x 12 solid

ae86 strut FTW use them

also - JHS aka Just helpingout Sliders is right about converting to rack, steering box has about as much feel as a hookers...well...box

also if you want coilovers pm me

sdm86
18th February 2008, 01:42 AM
its cheaper to just get custom secondaries made up
less headaches,
i have no problem with the steering JHS, i enjoy feeling the roaad, unlike you i guess?
i don't know.

people do conversion differently, your obviously out to get me, i don't see the point, i come to you for advice, and i didnt take it,

doesnt mean you have to get all up on me.

RobertoX
18th February 2008, 01:50 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (d1doony @ Feb 18 2008, 01:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=487939)</div>
less headaches,
i have no problem with the steering JHS, i enjoy feeling the roaad, unlike you i guess?
i don't know.

people do conversion differently, your obviously out to get me, i don't see the point, i come to you for advice, and i didnt take it,

doesnt mean you have to get all up on me.[/b]

I'm not sure who you were referring too

i wasnt calling you a noob

but now i think about it, less headaches? changing to an A motor is sick because you get to change to rack, which is fucking sick, accidentally genius, transforms the car into something worth cutting the roof off and putting patrol wheels on (if you don't get it it wasnt directed at you)

anyway different is not always cool or the best way about things, I'm not all up on you, the car looks good, if you need any help with out the BS let me know

sdm86
18th February 2008, 01:54 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (truenosedan @ Feb 17 2008, 11:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=487942)</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (d1doony @ Feb 18 2008, 01:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=487939)
less headaches,
i don't know.

doesnt mean you have to get all up on me.[/b]

I'm not sure who you were referring too

i wasnt calling you a noob

but now i think about it, less headaches? changing to an A motor is sick because you get to change to rack, which is fucking sick, accidentally genius, transforms the car into something worth cutting the roof off and putting patrol wheels on (if you don't get it it wasnt directed at you)

anyway different is not always cool or the best way about things, I'm not all up on you, the car looks good, if you need any help with out the BS let me know
[/b][/quote]

cheers mate
pm sent.

sdm86
27th February 2008, 04:04 PM
blown muffler

LOUD and seems quicker?
mad spec list.
also fixed the park light and horn today.

take some more pictures when get camera.

sdm86
17th March 2008, 04:39 PM
got pictures of the new muffler i got put on from about 4 weeks ago, havent been bothered updating.
no job at the moment and recently blown the clutch.

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/4868/img0198yn4.th.jpg (http://img152.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img0198yn4.jpg)

and my inspiration at the time being.

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/8/4/3/166522.jpg (http://img152.imageshack.us/my.php?image=post19191202172010ub3.jpg)

EDIT: Click pictures for larger view ;)

List of things to do:

Rack And Pinion Conversion with p/s arms
Suspension with ae86 Struts
Locker :P
Wire up Cd player speakers and amplifier
bigger brakes
buy a reliable daily.

find a good paying job.

sdm86
21st April 2008, 09:45 PM
so finally, got myself some new rims

some gold centered star sharks 14x7.5 with a close to -0 offset, put down a healthy deposit on them today :)

dished steering wheel, hole in the exhaust

have some koni yellow shocks and 6.5kg front springs and ae86 struts WITHOUT brakes lined up

so just looking for some jdm loving on the breaks and some rear springs :)

after the suspension and rims go i shall be locking the diff and buying a proper seat.

hole in the exhaust is great :P

EDIT: makes things a whole lot easier when you have a full time job :2thumbs:

federal
21st April 2008, 09:50 PM
oh wow....so i was heaps wrong to tell you to convert to rack and pinion ay...so then why are you doing it now???

anyway pics don't work....should be good once you sort out the problems....

for alittle more inspiration feel free to browse a real build :P

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/board/in...showtopic=31071 (http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/board/index.php?showtopic=31071)

freddie
21st April 2008, 11:41 PM
your car looks tuff but a ke70 is beta:P

sdm86
22nd April 2008, 01:14 PM
well chris I'm not sure on the conversion yet, i just put the dished wheel on and steering is like a million times lighter, ill see how it goes when its on the track, for street driving its fine.

hoping to get some p/s arms
pretty soon
but god damn i need suspension..

only thing holding me back is this: http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/board/in...showtopic=31145 (http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/board/index.php?showtopic=31145)

edit: spelling

Todd
22nd April 2008, 01:46 PM
pick up those wheels and put them on already.

I'm keen to see them?

sdm86
22nd April 2008, 02:07 PM
should have gone and saw danny, you were just around the corner from him at that dude who rips you off.

Todd
22nd April 2008, 02:16 PM
haha yeah i wont be gonig back ther again. oh well
although he does have good prices on new tyres.

id show you pics of that donor gtek70 but I'm at uni henceforth don't have the pictures.

sdm86
22nd April 2008, 02:22 PM
go see danny, seriously, picked up my starsharks with 100% tread for $650

its going to cost you that much to get some good rubber anyway
plus you got more pairs/set of rims

hes got heaps of watanebes and meshies pairs and sets for under $500

some 14x7 -3 watanebes for i think $485 with 85% rubber.

i realised your at uni

i got the whole morning off work
:) win
haahah
come for some skids tonight ?
its wet?>

you don't need suspension when its wet :P

*edit: SEND ME PICTURES PLZZ V INTERESTED

Matt-AE86
22nd April 2008, 02:28 PM
Where's this wetlap session going to be held, ill bring the ke70 :)

Todd
22nd April 2008, 02:30 PM
haha maybe interested in some wetlaps.

feel free to join matt :) you have my number i think.

its just a matter of fuel for me hahahaha

Todd
22nd April 2008, 02:33 PM
ps those deals do sound rather tempting but i just realllllydont have th money right now hey.
have other things on my mind aka getting my car legal. lol

sdm86
22nd April 2008, 02:36 PM
malaga special stage ? :P

orrrrrrrrr? somewhere kinda close ?

edit: your car is legal, the law just doesnt agree with you

Todd
22nd April 2008, 02:41 PM
malaga? FFFFTL

lol

you should check out canningvale after i finish work tonight.

sdm86
22nd April 2008, 02:45 PM
what time do you finish i finish at 5.
and got no fuel and what looks to be like $30 in fuel.
ill see what i can do
ill check this thread when i get home.
wheres phirom when you need him.
god damn lack of motivational skills

Todd
22nd April 2008, 02:53 PM
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/board/in...1598&st=180 (http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/board/index.php?showtopic=1598&st=180)

the green one is the one we will probably be taking to pieces.

if anyone is interested in parts off of it, let me know as I'm still deciding what to do.

cheers

Todd
22nd April 2008, 02:54 PM
oh and i finish at 830ish

4door
22nd April 2008, 11:11 PM
omg this is one of the coolest t-18s ever.

i really like the color of it.

did u do the steering rack now that u have a 4age ??

out of interest how much do t18 weigh compared to ae86s ??

lol i should buy one of these and put my smallport into it O__O !!

sdm86
23rd April 2008, 10:41 PM
nah at the time i was kinda broke and only just managed to get the 4age in there, I'm a pretty solid guy and don't really have a problem with the steering, plus with a dished wheel, the steering feels a lot lighter, just hard to feel the road last 10% of full lock, hopefully 86 p/s arms and struts with some suspension will help

panhard rod is a must aswell,

I'm not to sure on the weight difference, I'm guessing they would be a tad lighter or maybe the otherway around, but i doubt it would vary more than >150kgs either way.

yeah, the green is a factory option and I'm glad, its different, and looks brand spanking new.

just waiting on the funds.

federal
23rd April 2008, 10:52 PM
the weight does not vary according to Toyota

sdm86
23rd April 2008, 10:58 PM
question answered. thanks chris.

sdm86
26th April 2008, 02:40 AM
te72's are by far cooler.

plus mines now being held together with double sided tape and liquid nails.

unable to afford cable ties and just using my dads stuff lying around the house ;)

te72 on a budgeto.

sdm86
28th April 2008, 10:23 PM
SO FRIDAY NIGHT

ae86 struts
adm brakes for the time being
panhard rod and mounts
shocks springs all around

SATURDAY installation of
ae86 struts brakes and shocks springs

and looks like its forecasts to rain saturday night ;D

E7
28th April 2008, 11:26 PM
pics

Gullie
29th April 2008, 12:30 AM
+1 !

Todd
29th April 2008, 03:41 PM
where u getting ur front springs/shocks from?

buy the coilovers :)

sdm86
29th April 2008, 09:45 PM
springs from majortom :) with the struts and konis for small amount of cash and sexual favours ;);)

can't beat that can i ?
hahaah
especially on the budget I'm on atm..

pics will be up whenever i take some which SHOULD be by the end of the weekend if all goes to plan which I'm hoping, i can't wait another day,.

Todd
30th April 2008, 01:44 PM
oh and btw the t50 in this car is a jdm t50 :D

sdm86
4th May 2008, 11:55 PM
anybody on here know if ae86 struts fit with ae86 steering arms with a steering box ?

not the rack and pinion???

don't flame me for not converting, just need suspension in right now, sick of boating all over the road.

federal
5th May 2008, 02:54 AM
yes they will fit....used them in one of mine pre-conversion

sdm86
5th May 2008, 09:24 AM
thanks chris.

Todd
5th May 2008, 07:51 PM
done yet? haha

sdm86
5th May 2008, 08:12 PM
wednesday night babyboy.
;)
then starsharks
then forecasts for rain
mmmm./
grip in the wet is going to be great

4door
5th May 2008, 08:38 PM
oh this car is amazing.

got more pics ??

Todd
5th May 2008, 09:03 PM
what the fuck is with your 'cute' nicknames.

get fucked haha

i might keep that steering rack if u keep it up

JinxD
7th May 2008, 01:11 AM
i hear theres a unofficial tarmac rally happening at wattlup soon are you going to enter?

sdm86
10th May 2008, 11:09 PM
i also hear i just got suspension.
Pics up soon

Todd
12th May 2008, 07:04 PM
i also hear i did a bottom end bearing today.

new gze here we come!

sdm86
12th May 2008, 08:37 PM
naww princess gave his gze just a little to muuch rpm :(

that sucks
pm sent.

Gullie
12th May 2008, 10:01 PM
i saw a T18 exact same colour as this at the shops today. was full grandma spec. i put a note on it, FINGERS CROSSED!! :D

JinxD
13th May 2008, 03:18 AM
bad luck toddles but hay atleast you have that 4agze block from the gte setup so its not like youl be motorless for long , did you end up saving my the fuse box and plugs and shiz out of the keto? if so pmmsn me

sdm86
13th May 2008, 09:28 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gullie @ May 12 2008, 07:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=530172)</div>
i saw a T18 exact same colour as this at the shops today. was full grandma spec. i put a note on it, FINGERS CROSSED!! :D[/b]

OH SWEET! GL
haha
true nanna spec with driving gloves and chromed up stock wheels?
those shocking 13x4.5's +60 lol

sdm86
16th May 2008, 12:33 AM
SO AS IT STANDS NOW:

ae86 struts
ae86 brakes
lovell uknown front springs
adjustable koni yellows
lovell unknown springs
adjustable koni shocks

also got a "d1 spec" wheel

happy snaps ;D from tonight. photos taken by the mrs.

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/8/4/3/170053.jpg

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/8/4/3/170054.jpg

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/8/4/3/170055.jpg

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/8/4/3/170056.jpg

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/8/4/3/170057.jpg

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/8/4/3/170058.jpg

god damn need a madhouse lip oh and the last pic looks best when viewed larger. ^_^

JinxD
16th May 2008, 12:55 AM
this is d1doony in real life v

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_089EURkNo

that mercs just his daily btw

sdm86
16th May 2008, 03:31 AM
ballin.

slidekid
16th May 2008, 09:51 AM
this looks sic I'm jealous :2thumbs: :greenbounce:

sdm86
16th May 2008, 12:22 PM
cheers mate, the car didnt come out as clean as i would have liked, but atleast the picture as a whole are pretty nice to look at.

h1_roll4
16th May 2008, 12:38 PM
looks GAY!

nah jokes,
looks awesome!

Todd
16th May 2008, 01:35 PM
yay u got your wheels.
looks SOOOO much better now eh?

now u need a sweet fixed back bucket yo!

i have one sitting here in my garage with a special d1doony pricetag on it.
also i have caliper brackets and dust shields with ur name on them.

a trip to todds house is in order.

NEW ENGINE GOING IN ON SUNDAY ALSO!

sdm86
16th May 2008, 01:40 PM
stop piggybacking my thread todd hahaha.

nah no worries, might pop up this evening to pick up the bracket?
out of work atm.
sucks big time.

Todd
16th May 2008, 01:43 PM
haha yeh if u like, feel free to come round.
just give us a msg so i know when ul b there.

peace mang

sdm86
16th May 2008, 05:57 PM
i also forgot to mention i cleaned up bogged and resprayed that big bit of rust about a fortnight ago, haven't gotten around to pics, i didn't match the colour perfect so its a bit darker, you can barely notice in anyway because of the position being on a 45° angle pointing to the floor out of anyone eye sight

sdm86
25th July 2008, 10:48 PM
got new dizzy o ring and cam cover/rocker cover gaskets for the engine
so no more leaks

getting some strut brace up front and sway bar front and rear
also going to get some ra40 tie rod ends.
and a new grill
and mirror as my last one got booted.
getting the diff welded

need to knock off a $300 speeding fine
and all else will be good.

things looking up
after those things
looking into some RCA's and lower control arms for siq camber

then hook up my stereo and apply some lavish tint
maybe quad headlights.

will keep this thing updated more often

sdm86
26th July 2008, 06:04 PM
got tie rods coming monday and new shit for my steeeeeeering new ball joints etc
stiffened up the wheel bearing and re did the rca bolts.
got new rocker cover gaskets in and about to go for a degrease.

sdm86
29th July 2008, 10:25 AM
picked up my new idler arm. freshen up the box.
also got some ra40 ends which will be going on my rack which I'm picking up tonight. also got some extra lock spacers coming with the rack

also picking up a gt grill and a mirror tonight.

will take some picture of the new grill on the car at later date

going to freshen up the rack with the new tie rods, new boots, new ball joints, probably replace most with noly bushes
also looking to buy a ke70/ae71/ae86 boss kit andd either ae71/ke70 steering column. also some extractors as I'm not sure the exhaust i got will fit the rack.

shorty
29th July 2008, 07:32 PM
gongrats!

this is one of my fav looking te72's! :)

sdm86
30th July 2008, 12:10 AM
cheers mate,

got new center cosole, new mirrors and a GT badge for the front grill, also picked up my rack from todd and slip on spacers for some dodgy e7 mods.
will put my mirror and badge on tomorrow and if anyone has a cheap boss kit lying around send it my way
als on the hunt for some extractors for 16valve and some power steering arms.

nomnomnomnom

sdm86
9th August 2008, 04:54 PM
updates:

ajps hook ups include boss kit, 40mm RCAS and some sick cusco bracing up front.
will be here soon

also got my steering column. just gonna piece it all together
and 4 185/60/14 bridgestone g3's

sdm86
9th August 2008, 09:19 PM
picked up an oldschool late mid-late 70s corona side mirror for absolutely nothing will have pictures soooooon.

sdm86
10th August 2008, 01:18 PM
happy snaps make people happy?

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/8/4/3/174988.jpg

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/8/4/3/174989.jpg

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/8/4/3/174990.jpg

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/8/4/3/174991.jpg

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/8/4/3/174992.jpg

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/8/4/3/174993.jpg

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/8/4/3/174994.jpg

pictures taken by the mrs.

shorty
10th August 2008, 01:40 PM
this thing is mint!

its sexy

federal
10th August 2008, 08:58 PM
so is this an AE86 with a T-series motor?

starni_boy
10th August 2008, 09:02 PM
or is it a te72 with an 86 motor?

h1_roll4
10th August 2008, 09:06 PM
those photos are shit!

sdm86
10th August 2008, 09:08 PM
the bottom one, obviously, just changing shit up to keep it not so boring
?

just like people with "ke86"

josh your shit. :P

RobertoX
11th August 2008, 04:37 AM
ae72?

Todd
11th August 2008, 02:48 PM
correctomundo dave

it is NOT a te86 daniel. I'm confused...

sdm86
11th August 2008, 09:13 PM
technically its a ae72.
but it will always be a te72.

have 4 brand spanking new bridgestone g3s heading my way tomorrow and going to put a fresh idler arm on

E7
11th August 2008, 09:50 PM
i thorght you put an 86 front on it......was scared for a moment

just like that ke86

Todd
12th August 2008, 03:08 PM
fifth picture is my favourite.

sdm86
13th August 2008, 10:18 AM
5h is my favourite too. haha.
i wouldn't wreck a te72 with ae86 body work haha <_<

sdm86
13th August 2008, 09:09 PM
got my hks pod in the mail today
thanks gilly.

h1_roll4
14th August 2008, 08:05 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (d1doony @ Aug 13 2008, 07:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=574975)</div>
5h is my favourite too. haha.
i wouldn't wreck a te72 with ae86 body work haha <_<[/b]

thats gona cause some shit haha

tis lookin good man!

MX73Howie
14th August 2008, 09:04 PM
Nice te72 dude,

looks very clean,
i like those wheels,
also that green looks alright actually.
i like to have mine sit like this in the rear,
what suspension have you got?

what are you going to do engine wise?

-Cheers,
Howie

sdm86
14th August 2008, 09:44 PM
pm sent

sdm86
17th August 2008, 11:54 PM
fitted up new intake manifold gaskets with the help of tom this afternoon. found out after quite a large effort and a few broken screws that the gasket wasnt the cause of the excessive idling but many factors were mention such as my cold start being pretty fucked, tape holding in vac leaks and of course having no tps.

so we fitted up some hose and bolt spec and took off the tape.
looking at getting a tps from someone, anyone and also maybe possible a cold start.
and brought the idle down from 2,800 at start up and 2.2 when running to 2.0 at start up and about 1.8 when running

also i realised my oil pump has shat itself and i have an excessive noise leak in the secondaries.

lots of stuff to fix.
oh and my thrust bearing has gotten extremely loud.

Todd
18th August 2008, 11:11 PM
still seems quite high for idle dan.

maybe play with the idle screw to see if u can get a lower idle.
should be looking for somewhere near 1000.

la la la

i have an oil pump here i think? off that gte, ill get back to you when i check

sdm86
20th August 2008, 12:24 AM
cheers man. i got a tps idling at 1,200 with it connected, need to line it up to the plate and adjust idle screw.

send me a pm with oil pump

freddie
26th August 2008, 08:38 PM
I love it. It looks sex. keep up the good work :2thumbs:

sdm86
26th August 2008, 08:52 PM
thanks mate. updates coming very soon

TOY3TG
26th August 2008, 10:03 PM
hey mate nice t18 looks sweet. howd you go with the Ae86 struts? just bolt in? are u running rack and pinion?

cheers

ryan

sdm86
27th August 2008, 10:33 AM
the struts went straight in with steering arms. all the modification needed was to use the strut tops.
mines a series 1 t18 not sure if this is the same with series 2 or whatever
not running rack.
but i have one lying around my house just need to find time to put it in.

federal
27th August 2008, 08:29 PM
series 1 and 2 strut tops are different....series 2 runs the same as sprinter....

sdm86
27th August 2008, 10:05 PM
series 2 are sexy

federal
27th August 2008, 11:05 PM
indeed....only managed to have 3 so far....want to find another one for a daily

sdm86
29th August 2008, 11:01 PM
you have a million t18s.
:hump: :closedeyes:

anyone know the part number for ke70/ae71/ae86 rack ?

federal
30th August 2008, 11:30 AM
what do you need the "part number" for?

sdm86
31st August 2008, 06:26 PM
buying it new.

stahlz_ae86
31st August 2008, 09:05 PM
Through Toyota? May as well just buy a quaife if you're wanting to spend $$$.

sdm86
31st August 2008, 09:07 PM
do they bolt straight up??????????????????????????????

federal
31st August 2008, 10:03 PM
why the hell would you waste money on a brand new stock rack?

keep the rack you have, spend the $400ish on a quaife rack, get it laced into your currently rack housing....win

sdm86
1st September 2008, 10:11 AM
rather not get a brand new stock rack
whats the advantages of a quaife?

Beserker99
1st September 2008, 10:24 AM
Do some research ya r'tard :P

federal
1st September 2008, 07:43 PM
+1 fucking 1....

i can't give you ALL the answers Dan.... :P

sdm86
1st September 2008, 11:27 PM
effort is not my middle name.
hahahaa
god damn you guyss!! :@

starni_boy
2nd September 2008, 03:40 PM
Quaife racks have 2.5 turns from lock to lock (or 1.25 turns from straight to full lock).

federal
2nd September 2008, 06:04 PM
thank you clinton

sdm86
2nd September 2008, 09:09 PM
sick lockkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
fair enough

federal
2nd September 2008, 09:25 PM
NO....
quaife rack is NOT "sick lock"...

quaife rack speeds up steering response....

sdm86
3rd September 2008, 12:58 AM
how does it quicken up response time ? might as well let me in on this wicked shit

beer and i grow fond in time

Beserker99
3rd September 2008, 02:42 AM
I'll say it again.... do some research ya r'tard :P

The T18 kids aint gonna spoon feed ya AE86 info all ya life LOL

sdm86
3rd September 2008, 08:54 PM
yes they are phirom.
bahaha
no not really
so unmotivated at this point
waiting on shit to come from ajps.

sdm86
5th September 2008, 10:02 PM
how do stock 4ages hold up against chinese manifold and small turbo ?

federal
5th September 2008, 10:05 PM
they dont....

if you are planning on going turbo buy a kelway manifold....you wont regret it, im getting one....

sdm86
5th September 2008, 10:13 PM
hahaha
best to go 4agze and convert?
or rebuild the n/a?
and lower compression?

federal
5th September 2008, 10:56 PM
i will be running turbo on a stock 4AGE, should be mint for about 8-10psi

Todd
6th September 2008, 01:11 AM
personally i would want a gze base if i was going turbo, or at least rebuilding the bottom end.

iv see two first hand 4a's that people slapped a t25 onto and they both lasted about two days before coming to an abrupt death.
that was running about 9psi

sdm86
6th September 2008, 10:19 AM
sounds like fun ;D
hahahahaha.
yeah most likely going to rebuild bottom end.
maybe just go gze and convert?
who knows.
be about the same price, but gze means the car will be off the road for shorter amount of time

Todd
7th September 2008, 09:22 PM
gze straight up

parts+labour of building another engine would set u back alot more. u would need ECU and have to get it tuned and bla di bla.
fuck that

just go gze if ur money concious and sell the charger bits to fun turbo shit.
can still run off stock gze management too.

sdm86
7th September 2008, 10:31 PM
im problably going to end up taking it off the road
have a cheap daily lined up with a bit more creature comfort.

as i dont have a horn
no heating
no stereo
no aircon
no power steering
softer springs/shocks

i know i sound like a pussy but just drove massive distances this weekend and im fucked.
/
its really getting to me .

hahahaa
make a dedicated track car.
just tossing heaps of shit up at the moment

Todd
9th September 2008, 07:13 PM
pussy.

hilton
9th September 2008, 09:22 PM
:blush:

Ksevn-T
10th September 2008, 02:21 PM
Fagina!

sdm86
11th September 2008, 10:41 AM
dedicated track car????? haha

h1_roll4
11th September 2008, 02:11 PM
keep it on the road you poof

sdm86
11th September 2008, 08:25 PM
put in the quokka this week for a lol
its under corolla
for some stupid reason.... neveer even mentioned the word corolla

Matt-AE86
11th September 2008, 08:35 PM
I drove my AE86 to collie and back on the weekend. It's harsher than you car and I loved it.

sdm86
11th September 2008, 08:50 PM
i love driving my car was just having a shit day i guess..

should really just edit it out.
im still looking for another car.

oh and massive distance are

wembley downs - wattleup - wembley downs - quinns rock - thornlie - wattleup

and then the next day
wattleup - thornlie- innaloo - quinns rock - wembley downs

Todd
11th September 2008, 08:54 PM
guys if he wants a comfortable commodore, just let him do it.
its really his decision.

:rolleyes:

sdm86
11th September 2008, 09:48 PM
id never buy a commodore ever todd...

sdm86
17th September 2008, 03:05 PM
crash rear end
will be parting out car within a fortnight.

ae71
17th September 2008, 03:08 PM
damn!

pics?

grab another shell? or ke70 to swap the gear into.....?

sdm86
17th September 2008, 03:13 PM
will take pics when i get home from work this afternoon

Todd
17th September 2008, 04:49 PM
what happened? are the tail lights okay? ill take them if they are

did u have insurance?

crackett
17th September 2008, 06:37 PM
I also need taillights please ;) haha

sdm86
17th September 2008, 08:28 PM
pm me your offers ;D

sdm86
17th September 2008, 08:33 PM
pictures say a thousand words... :(

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/8/4/3/176903.jpg

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/8/4/3/176904.jpg

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/8/4/3/176905.jpg

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/8/4/3/176906.jpg

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/8/4/3/176907.jpg

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/8/4/3/176908.jpg

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/8/4/3/176909.jpg

Beserker99
17th September 2008, 09:55 PM
Juss bash it out and paint it matt black...done and done.

As for body...bash it out.

import_love
17th September 2008, 09:58 PM
that looks like a very shiny chrome bar too.. bummer. have you sold them tail lights?? pm me

crackett
17th September 2008, 10:33 PM
If you were rear ended I presume you were covered by insurance?

Why aren't you getting it repaired, it is/was a mint car!

Nikkojoe
18th September 2008, 12:41 AM
Doesn't look that bad... Any kinks in the rear quaters? If not, use a jack and pull it out :)

If you do end up parting it, i want the bellhousing, slave and solid line setup :P

sdm86
18th September 2008, 10:00 AM
rear 1/4 are fine
pm me if your interested in tail lgihts, already had a few offers
rims and bonnet are on hold

just wanna get rid of it
get it out of my name. make some extra cash which im desperately needing at the moment.
ill be back but with a better set up, now i actually kinda know what im doing.

and no im not covered by insurance.

resol
18th September 2008, 12:32 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (d1doony @ Sep 18 2008, 09:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=589761)</div>
rear 1/4 are fine
pm me if your interested in tail lgihts, already had a few offers
rims and bonnet are on hold

just wanna get rid of it
get it out of my name. make some extra cash which im desperately needing at the moment.
ill be back but with a better set up, now i actually kinda know what im doing.

and no im not covered by insurance.[/b]

if u were hit from behind the person who hit you is to blame (on 90% of occasions) and their insurance should pay you out. if you have their details call em up and sort it out!

h1_roll4
18th September 2008, 03:17 PM
were you wet lapping on your way to work daniel???

ae71
18th September 2008, 04:43 PM
how much for wheels?

yeah even just rip the bar off lol.

has it twisted the chassis? looks like the hatch doesnt line up quite right....?

sdm86
18th September 2008, 08:39 PM
hatch doesnt open or move. the latch isnt even working.

havent even bothered to look underneath

rims are being on hold for $800 with 4 prettyy much brand new g3's unless you offer more i doubt you can have them haaha

and no i wasnt wetlapping.

mech`s blue
18th September 2008, 08:52 PM
shame bout your t18

i know someone who selling there's at reasonable price esp cause she just paid like 6g on paint job for it

nice 2pac candy apple red

sdm86
18th September 2008, 09:53 PM
t18 in candy apple ?

mech`s blue
18th September 2008, 10:05 PM
yeah she just had it resprayed in nice candy apple red. 2pak paint too.

she's the second owner. here parents were the first and they owned it since new.

she selling it for 1700 after she just spent so much on the new paint

sdm86
18th September 2008, 10:07 PM
3tc goodnesS?

Nikkojoe
18th September 2008, 11:11 PM
do it :)

stahlz_ae86
19th September 2008, 06:02 PM
do it :)

Todd
19th September 2008, 09:05 PM
dude fucking buy it.

ae71
19th September 2008, 09:10 PM
thats a deal!

2 owners + fresh professional respray.... you wont find another that clean again.

sdm86
19th September 2008, 10:01 PM
im about 1100 short.

quadeyquade
19th September 2008, 11:44 PM
go buy it dan

get a loan:P

h1_roll4
20th September 2008, 03:54 PM
i have to agree.

do it dan!

sdm86