PDA

View Full Version : Goody's SR70

RussianMafia000
28th January 2008, 01:39 PM
I bought this car around 2 years ago as a stock ke70 with about 125,000 genuine km's with log books. Since then I've been slowly getting it to where it is now, most of the work has been done by myself and a few friends that did the majority of the engine conversion.
I'm hoping to get out to QR soon and also visit Willobank once I get some slicks to see how it goes.

Heres a few buildup pics and a mod list, all feedback welcome :)

Engine:

-SR20DET Redtop
-Custom engine/gearbox mounts
-GTRS .84 Exh
-3" Stainless exhaust
-2 1/2 " Stainless piping
-Plumb-back BOV
-Pod
-Bleed valve (16Psi)
-Stainless manifold/split dump

Driveline:

-SR20 5 Speed
-Excedy custom 5 puk button clutch
-2 peice custom tailshaft
-32 spline Hilux diff/axle with a VERY tight LSD
-Custom handbake cables
-Datto 180B speedo drive
-S13 Master cylinder
-S13 clutch salve cylinder

Interior/Electronics:

-Corolla XX model seats
-Apexi PFC W/Hand controller
-Bee-R Rev limiter
-Boost/water/oil smoked face guages
-Tacho
-Immobiliser alarm

Fuel:

-Polished surge tank
-Bosch 044 or 040 can't remember
-Lift pump
-New fuel lines
-Nismo 740cc injecters

Suspension:

-Cut falcon rear springs
-Modified seats so the springs don't jump out lol
-Stock shocks
-Cut front springs

Future mods/work left:

-Tidy up interior/handbrake surround
-New lower offset rims
-Flared guards all round
-Perspex covering dash cluster
-Alot more suspension mods!!!!

The car was tuned at APC who did a great job. It made 230rwkw @16Psi and still has mor left in it if I wind the boost up ;) Pretty responsive aswell :D
ALOT of time and money has gone into this car and I'm very happy with the results and can't wait to get on the track!!!!!

Cheers, Matt.

chuckY_
28th January 2008, 01:46 PM
Very clean build Mat, glade to see it's fairly well finished...I'm sure you'll love it even more then that nissan :lol:

shorty
28th January 2008, 01:47 PM
nice conversion

should make a sweet little piggy :D

sdm86
28th January 2008, 01:48 PM
tight looking car, with the power to go with it..

was the SR fairly easy to get in there ?

RussianMafia000
28th January 2008, 02:00 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (chuckY_ @ Jan 28 2008, 12:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=475856)</div>
Very clean build Mat, glade to see it's fairly well finished...I'm sure you'll love it even more then that nissan :lol:[/b]

Thanks mate ;) I liked the power of my last car but this is just so much easier to drive around and with the weight it's more than quick enough :D

It wasn't overly difficult but I had a friend who did most of the engine conversion work because he had done one before into an older corolla. If you want it done right first go then it's not cheap, everything starts adding up after a while

Hokey
28th January 2008, 02:24 PM
What radiator are you using and does the speedo work? if so how?

Snoozy
28th January 2008, 02:25 PM
This thing is sik
packing some good power to dude..

RussianMafia000
28th January 2008, 02:29 PM
Thanks guys :)
Using the standard S13/180sx radiator. The car does not overheat but I'm probably gonna get a thermo or two just incase for track days

hilton
28th January 2008, 04:18 PM
gigity gigity gotta take us for a strap now shes all good man....:)

RussianMafia000
28th January 2008, 04:30 PM
Haha yeh I might be able to do that for ya ;)

HachiRoku
28th January 2008, 05:09 PM
Nice conversion! Making some decent power too.

Must be a bit hairy with practically stock suspension though :blink:

RussianMafia000
28th January 2008, 06:35 PM
Yeh gets a bit unsteady up over 100km's lol

Sturgey
28th January 2008, 08:02 PM
looks sweet dude

RussianMafia000
30th January 2008, 05:35 PM
Thanks mate, still after cheap camber tops!!!!!!

RussianMafia000
22nd February 2008, 09:31 AM
Got out to Willowbank last night went 13 flat with normal tyres and 11.8 @ 115Mph with slicks. Very happy with the results !!

deleta
22nd February 2008, 11:35 PM
nice, mine is like done now just waiting for wiring guy to fix my mistakes tomarro and it will be on its way,

yours sounds like it did good at willow bank, good job man lol

RussianMafia000
23rd February 2008, 08:01 PM
Thanks mate, lookin forward to seeing yours go. Wiring the only thing left to do?

RussianMafia000
5th March 2008, 07:00 PM
*UPDATE* I've got ahold of some 86 struts with some RX7 infini springs in them that I'm looking at either putting in as they are or coverting to coilovers.. Not sure yet? Does nayone know if my KE70 brake calipers will fit straight onto the ae86 rotors?

Also can anyone reccommend a cheapish pair of rear shocks that are fairly stiff for drift work but are not going to let the car sit too low? I think most people are using sierras but because I have a 3" under diff exhaust it sits a fair bit lower than normal and I'm trying to keep it at legal height and I know the sierras are pretty short right?

driftke70
5th March 2008, 08:12 PM
not terribly short, i ran sierras with an over diff exhaust once,

RussianMafia000
5th March 2008, 08:36 PM
I've roughly measured and I don't think they will fit without a bit more cutting of the falcon springs.. Might jsut have to try and see, anyone got any other ideas?

ke70_sa
6th March 2008, 11:55 AM
nice setup, i was thinking about doing the same conversion.
either SR or RB20. thats some power being put out, but hows it actually go? with a car that light it would be a fair jagged ride when boost kicks in...just assuming?
but still, crazy set up.

RussianMafia000
6th March 2008, 02:57 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ke70_sa @ Mar 6 2008, 10:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=497593)</div>
nice setup, i was thinking about doing the same conversion.
either SR or RB20. thats some power being put out, but hows it actually go? with a car that light it would be a fair jagged ride when boost kicks in...just assuming?
but still, crazy set up.[/b]

Thanks mate, goes very well in a straight line as it is right. But that's not what I'm building it for, really want to get some budget suspension sorted out before I take it to QR!! Too much body roll atm and the car feels a bit to loose for some reason.

RB20/25 would insane in a ke/86, not sure how good it would handle though..

RussianMafia000
29th April 2008, 06:20 PM
*Update*

Installed the following:

-AE86 front stuts
-86 brakes/rotors titanium stripped pads
-T3 Cambertops
-XT130 Corona LCA's
-86 P/S Arms
-Whiteline strut brace
-AJPS 8kg Springs

Next thing on the cards is to find out why my diff is making some crazy noises and fix tjhat then finally get out to the track!!! :)

RussianMafia000
15th July 2008, 08:14 PM
Bit of an update, dodgied up some quad lights aswell as a corona grill. Doesn't look too bad but I've still gotta make up some surrounds yet then it will look alot better :)

Hachi Roku
16th July 2008, 02:19 PM
love the progress

car looks gd with them cheapo quads

Son_Ya
16th July 2008, 04:07 PM
Hey I just realized from your last pic I bought my first Ke from your place.
Thats was a good car too..
Pity it met moutain death. :(

What car you like driving the most ..
Your KE or the 180 you had.?

RussianMafia000
16th July 2008, 07:20 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (roger roger @ Jul 16 2008, 03:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=562273)</div>
Hey I just realized from your last pic I bought my first Ke from your place.
Thats was a good car too..
Pity it met moutain death. :(

What car you like driving the most ..
Your KE or the 180 you had.?[/b]

Haha small world isn't it! Sorry to hear about the car dieing on you :(
My old car was a weapon and ALOT of fun to drive, but it wasn't really practicle for a daily... Had a few dramas with cold starts/rev hunting etc.
But with this rolla I've got none of that and it's also a shitload of fun to drive around, aswell as being a bit cheaper on fuel :)
I dunno how you saw the car when I had it? But this is what it looked liked when I sold it anyway.
Also, finally got some tyres onto my other wheels which I reckon look a bit nicer. At least until I et some of these anyway http://www.tx3nz.com/img/rims/work-equip03.jpg