PDA

View Full Version : Anyone wants 'WTF' number plate? its for sale in S.A

Shahzan
23rd April 2009, 04:10 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=150340050584&Category=128294
sorry for the ebay link... but its worth to see

ridiculous price
Bid: AU $40,291.00
Buy it Now: AU $91,337.00

Adelaide, South Australia, Australia

Ridiculous amount
Crazy story
Quoting:
"I've had these plates for years but never displayed them on a vehicle, the idea came from some geezer with crazy eyes and wild hair in a DeLorean back in 1996 who I bought a couple pints for at an Irish pub who said that in 2003 someone would offer over $600k for these plates.

To my obvious dismay when 2003 came around I was only offered $450k for them, since that time I've been very suspicious of activity in my postcode and now have an army of garden gnomes protecting this secure investment portfolio from liberation.

I'm only selling them now because my youthful looks have faded - and while I was never a Johnny Pitt, I was still young and buff and charming enough to get away with meeting people in really dark clubs. Nowadays I'm left with terminal ugliness thanks to a feral bloodline and poor breeding, and don't like clubs anymore, so the money will be spent on either:

a) reconstructive facial surgery so that I might find someone to love me;
b) the ability to supply enough alcoholic beverages indefinitely to a girl who loves who I am underneath so she can deal with who I am on the surface

I've done the math - and for option A I will need about $40k to de-uglify enough to be able to approach a woman sort of confidently, for option B it depends on the kind of girl, but I'm assuming she won't be high-class needing good quality alcohol, so I calculate about 14 years of goons with a weekly bonus of a sixpack of Breezers will cost around $52k, but that's in todays dollar so to account for inflation and a buffer for likely alcopop taxes I would be looking at about $91k."

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/4/9/12431.jpg

so... anyone still interested to buy this? :hehe:

shadow_bunny
23rd April 2009, 04:59 AM
lol just read the payment methods:
>>direct deposit, PayPal, McDonalds bags full of cash.
seems the guy has a sense of humor. but seriously, who'd pay that much money for a license plate? I prefer my random letters and numbers :rolleyes:

Moebius
23rd April 2009, 11:27 AM
Seems like a bargain compared to the guy who wanted $400k for DOTCOM :right:

marvis
23rd April 2009, 01:28 PM
HOE 89 > WTF.

I'm so sick off seeing number plates like the one I made above.

marvis.

Konakid
23rd April 2009, 03:39 PM
personalised plates are fucking gay.

marvis
23rd April 2009, 03:53 PM
I want one that says PENIS.

driftke70
23rd April 2009, 04:09 PM
im thinking about getting gbm70 is business style plates, so when the cars all done and painted it looks sweet.

but only if somehow i have excess money which i doubt

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=1725&d=1234838781

squish_m8
23rd April 2009, 05:44 PM
personalised plates are fucking gay.

those aren't personalised plates, they're custom...

Axentrik
23rd April 2009, 06:26 PM
Q: I will give you $20 and a Mars bar for the plates and i can throw in a Cockatoo??
A: Do you mean the homosexual bar on Gouger St? I'm sure it already has a cockatoo...

LOLPWND

Konakid
24th April 2009, 11:49 PM
those aren't personalised plates, they're custom...

Meh, same shit

Im sick of seeing lame numberplates everywhere.

Like i saw [CX7] on a mazda cx7 the other day, when the badge on the boot says it less then 25cm to the right, i think everyone fucking knows that its a cx7 but thanks for pointing it out anyway?

keto
25th April 2009, 02:30 PM
hahaha its like the xr8 going round with XR8 plates!

really? is that what that is?

theres a sev in Adelaide with the plates KE70

:l

shichi~
25th April 2009, 10:58 PM
i wanna get these plates for mine LEB2NV or YBCUT4 wat u think

LOL! custom plates are shit all the more reason for a cop to remember you

Frak
26th April 2009, 12:30 AM
Plates I hate;

Plate exactly the same as badging on the car (as mentioned above)

anything with NV in it......fuck off tool bag!!! The day I NV anyone with a commodore is the day it's time for me to give up cars!

I don't mind plates that are funny or a play on words.....but these are rare!

MINIHORSE
26th April 2009, 06:28 PM
Lol VNIINV

shift_rook
26th April 2009, 06:41 PM
i saw vsss95 the other day, who pays $500 to say that! ok so wait i'm guessing it's a vs, an ss, and it was perhaps made in 1995?? such a waste of money

matt99
27th April 2009, 06:40 PM
My girlfriends, sisters, boyfriend has the numberplate "stubin" on his BM. Needless to say he is of, ah, er, Ethinc origin. Was funny when I woke up one morning, and he had a mate around with "VS2DY4".

I would never pay for one one, but I have some in mind if people ever asked me for a suggestion, however racism is frowned upon on this forum, so I wont mention them.

Shahzan
28th April 2009, 12:04 AM
Was on train today on the way back to Bull Creek and saw a Ford Focus on the Freeway with a number plate 'DEBT FREE'.... i guess her car loan is over... lol

driftke70
28th April 2009, 12:16 AM
she could finally pull the wizard sticker off the back

Frak
28th April 2009, 03:40 PM
she could finally pull the wizard sticker off the back

or those fucking frangipani stickers:crying:

patience
28th April 2009, 07:25 PM
favourite I have seen was a flawless Mustang years ago, plates were XTC

all torque
28th April 2009, 08:37 PM
There was a Delorean in the USA, I think, with a Lotus V8 engine, and the plate was RUN DMC. That's probably the coolest one I've heard of.