eastcoastdrifter
10th February 2008, 07:23 PM
http://www.holden.co.jp/index.html

Clinton
10th February 2008, 08:09 PM
LOL "maRoo R8" coz they can't say maloo

Waz
10th February 2008, 08:15 PM
I think holden thought it was a good idea to send some of our cars over there because they seen how much interest in imports are here...LOL. I highly doubt they are gonna sell like hot cakes and japan is gonna limit imports like aus did because no one brought aussie cars :angry2:

slide86
10th February 2008, 09:38 PM
maybe i should go over there and get a job in the dealership...

they must need someone who knows how to fix em, they break often enough

Sherlock
10th February 2008, 09:45 PM
^^^ Ahahaha so true. They probably just want them over there to have as examples of Aussie Icons or some shit :lol:

Whip
10th February 2008, 09:46 PM
:lol:

riojin
10th February 2008, 10:03 PM
http://www.holden.co.jp/image/bn_maloo02.gif

floody31
11th February 2008, 12:51 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (was @ Feb 10 2008, 08:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=483483)</div>
I think holden thought it was a good idea to send some of our cars over there because they seen how much interest in imports are here...LOL. I highly doubt they are gonna sell like hot cakes and japan is gonna limit imports like aus did because no one brought aussie cars :angry2:[/b]

You fail on so many levels.

The Japanese seem to love things that are big, loud and rwd, especially if they're different and we know they're fond of a skid. They buy bulk Yank musclecars and big engine Euro stuff. Hardly a surprise someone saw a market niche for the SS/Maloo utes.

Australia never closed any imports down because "nobody brought Aussie cars*". 15+ was shut because wanker importers were using it to bring in dime-a-dozen shitboxes, trucks, tractors, forklifts and other rubbish which was never part of it, being a scheme designed for enthusiasts, not to bring in cheap 4x4s, buses and Hiaces on the sly.
SEVS was part of a greater overhaul of the system to weed out the dodgy and plain unsafe shitboxes arriving, not to mention a number of other issues like emissions and such which a flood of dirty early 90's snotters would bring.

Next thing you'll tell us they made V8 supercars to ban GT-Rs....

Get your hand off it and post when you have a FUCKING CLUE.

verm69
11th February 2008, 10:45 AM
i just had a thought... how cool would it be if they bought them and then made them bozo! :lol:

that would be cool :P

DRFTPG
11th February 2008, 07:03 PM
lol i can so hear the japs going "omg i bought this awsome ADM grill for my ute!!" hahahha

robert nguyen
11th February 2008, 07:13 PM
anxiously waiting for it to go on tsukuba

Clinton
12th February 2008, 11:50 AM
" hey i reary reary rike that"

"I'll use my credit card"

riojin
12th February 2008, 05:40 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (VeRm69 @ Feb 11 2008, 10:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=483693)</div>
i just had a thought... how cool would it be if they bought them and then made them bozo! :lol:

that would be cool :P[/b]

haha that would be funny as!

they get plates like ADM SSV and put southern crosses and other rubbish stickers on their cars.

Matt-AE86
13th February 2008, 04:00 PM
I'm not much of a holden fan, but thats.. strange why do that?