PDA

View Full Version : 20v ITB's on beams 3sge

dr1ft-pig
3rd March 2008, 10:44 AM
hi all, will be doing a beams 3sge conversion in the not too distant future and as i have to mod the intake to fit it into an ae86 i am thinking about adapting a set of s/t 20v quad throttles onto a custom intake setup for it

are the 45mm throttles going to be big enough for it?????

incase your wondering ill be using aftermarket ecu so there will be no problem with what tps to use or any afm problems or anything like that

cheers, brendan

deleta
3rd March 2008, 10:58 AM
from what i here the black top ones are bigger, tho also the sr de ones from gtirs are even bigger. so id go the sr ones if i was you just so you dont constrict the flow, but then agian ive been wrong b4 see how you go.,

70XIN
3rd March 2008, 11:53 AM
go BT quads, they'll be plenty big even for most turbo applications

no need for 'custom' anything though, people have already made adaptors to fit them to most 3SGE's. danstoy.net, yahoo JP, just to name a few

hope that helps.

70XIN
3rd March 2008, 12:08 PM
its good that you asked

my maths might be farked, but blacktop throttles are 45mm

if you do the area of four of them, it comes to be the same as a 90mm single throttle body (89.98 to be exact)

so that should be HEAPS for just about ANY motor.

Anthony
3rd March 2008, 01:09 PM
The TRD quad throttle kit is based on blacktop 20V items. But they bore them out to 50mm. When there is no plenum and the throttle is closer to the valve it works a little differently so you can't just equate throttle areas like that unfortunately.

The TRD kit is fairly well priced from memory. Otherwise contact Glenn (CelicaRA45 on toymods etc) as he makes them for some very high powered NA beams motors.

ghetto ke
3rd March 2008, 02:04 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Anthony @ Mar 3 2008, 12:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=495785)</div>
The TRD quad throttle kit is based on blacktop 20V items. But they bore them out to 50mm. When there is no plenum and the throttle is closer to the valve it works a little differently so you can't just equate throttle areas like that unfortunately.

The TRD kit is fairly well priced from memory. Otherwise contact Glenn (CelicaRA45 on toymods etc) as he makes them for some very high powered NA beams motors.[/b]

Yeah CelicaRA45 is selling some Quads on the Altezza forum ATM summary below:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CelicaRA45)</div>
I have some 3sge altezza inlet manifolds to suit quads, a 48mm quad set and also 50mm quad sets for sale. also have the 2 stage injection units that bolt to the quad sets as well. These will all fit the 3sge altezza motor, but you would need an after-market ecu to run these. The Quads are made by Kayza in sizes 48mm and also 50mm which bolts onto the inlet mainofolds. forgot to mention that these are bigger than the TRD quads but have the same bolt pattern as the TRD item as well.[/b]

dr1ft-pig
3rd March 2008, 02:27 PM
mmm some interesting info there guys thanks heaps, the reason i say i want to go custom gear is coz my uncle does all that kind of shit and will let me use all his gear and guide me through how do do it, thus me learning more as thats what i do conversions for, learning and fun :D

so from what i have read silvertop throttles will be big enough for my application

ill be trying to keep the runners as simple as possible to allow better flow etc, anyone got pics of theese manifolds for sale for them??? i might go any have a look at the websites that have been posted to try and open my eyes on this a bit more

cheers for the answers guys