PDA

View Full Version : Clutch Fail :(

Justin Holden
27th April 2009, 09:01 AM
Hey Guys

I was heading out on Saturday, got to the lights around the corner and the car kept trying to stall on me so gave it a few revs as this usally happens right after cold start stupid microwreck. Didn't help and could then smell slight burnt clutch as this stage I was WTF clutch pedal went really soft and jsut wouldnt work, so I manged to drive back home round the corner in second.

Now I have a problem, the clutch master resivour is empty, so I refilled it and pumped the pedal a bit hoping to see a spilt in the line that would explain my resivour emptying its self, but the pedal never builds pressure its constant easy to push like when ur breaks fail :(

I can feel alot of fluid int he heat wrap around the bottom of the clutch line where it bolts to the slave

Usally I coudl repair this myslef, but all my tools are in NZ :(

So was wondering if anyone on here that lives on the lower northshore could help me one evening, I am happy to drive to you, I have skills to mash the T50 without clutch or could reccomend a workshop to go to as I need my car fixed

I live very close to crows nest, if thats any help don't really want to have to far

I'm guessin it either a leak in the line, or the master or the slave have shat them selves, being over 20ty years old I'm not suprised :)

Any help would be massivly appreachiated as I really want to get my car going,

I am will to pay $$$$$$ thats no problem

If you could reply here or just give me a yell on 0449739766

Perferable near mine, but if worst comes to worst I will hire a towie

Cheers

Justin

PeakingDuck
27th April 2009, 10:33 AM
Man I had the same problem about a month ago, worse mine shat itself far from home but I managed to make it to the nearest petrol station and buy myself some clutch fluid...I had to top up the fluids every 3-5mins >@

Ended up replacing the master and the slave :shout:

Hope you fix yours with no dramas.

Regards,
Richard

EDIT: Those of you from the Shire, my car shat itself at the start of Tom Uglies Bridge on the single lane going north...farken itch-bay...

Justin Holden
27th April 2009, 10:46 AM
Man I had the same problem about a month ago, worse mine shat itself far from home but I managed to make it to the nearest petrol station and buy myself some clutch fluid...I had to top up the fluids every 3-5mins >@

Regards,
Richard

Yeah I filled mine up, and pumped the pedal but its not getting any firmer and its not spraying out anywhere which makes me wonder if theres more to it than just a split line

If anyone can help me it would be awesome as I have no tools at all over here :(

Or can recomend me a workshop close by it would be mega

sundee
28th April 2009, 09:28 AM

Regards,
Richard

EDIT: Those of you from the Shire, my car shat itself at the start of Tom Uglies Bridge on the single lane going north...farken itch-bay...

hahah u freaken lost hard their!! imagine u were prolly hated by about 50 ppl all at once right then..

Just a question only because u guys didnt mention it.. but after toping up the clutch fluid did u bleed the system from the clutch slave?? if u dont then u will never get rid of the spongy or dead pedal.
When was the last time u check the clutch resivour? it could have had a slow leak and o'nce the fluid gets low enough it will just suck air into the system

PeakingDuck
28th April 2009, 12:09 PM
hahah u freaken lost hard their!! imagine u were prolly hated by about 50 ppl all at once right then..

x100 I forgot to mention the main bridge going north was shut down for maintenance, this was on a thursday night after late night shopping....LMFAO :hehe:

PeakingDuck
28th April 2009, 12:11 PM
Just a question only because u guys didnt mention it.. but after toping up the clutch fluid did u bleed the system from the clutch slave?? if u dont then u will never get rid of the spongy or dead pedal.
When was the last time u check the clutch resivour? it could have had a slow leak and o'nce the fluid gets low enough it will just suck air into the system

Though it was the master at first, but it turned out the slave shit itself as well, so I fixed that up too, now I'm all good. :thumbup:

sundee
28th April 2009, 12:22 PM
the master doesnt have a bleed nipple... hahahah 3 lanes to 1 and u break down in the one lane! hhahaha.. that is gold.. hay i would have given u a push.. what the heck did u do? was it in the middle of the bridge?

PeakingDuck
28th April 2009, 01:14 PM
I was stuck right at the start of the bridge, the guys doing the maintenance offered to help me push the car, but I just kicked the shit out of the clutch until it popped into 1st gear and drive as far as possible.

The red lights killed me hard man, so I had to repeat those steps until I got to the Shell servo in South Hurstville so I could buy some fluids to top up with... >@

If I ever get into the same situation again, I'm just gonna throw the car off the bridge and hitch a ride... :unseen:

Justin Holden
28th April 2009, 01:30 PM
Man your fail was truly epic compared to mine

I jsut abused my t50 and forced it into second to get home

Cars going to Sprinterman86s tomorrows

I hope it either the slave the master or a leaking line, please please please

As the other thing could the be the clutch has jammed shut and thats what has cause the slave to shit its self and dump fluid

Fingers crossed for not the clutch

sundee
28th April 2009, 01:54 PM
I was stuck right at the start of the bridge, the guys doing the maintenance offered to help me push the car, but I just kicked the shit out of the clutch until it popped into 1st gear and drive as far as possible.

The red lights killed me hard man, so I had to repeat those steps until I got to the Shell servo in South Hurstville so I could buy some fluids to top up with... >@

If I ever get into the same situation again, I'm just gonna throw the car off the bridge and hitch a ride... :unseen:

:hehe:

corknose
4th May 2009, 12:04 AM
man u dont need a clutch to change gears u can just slide it in when u feel it