PDA

View Full Version : Help me get off defect!

scott_22
28th April 2009, 11:37 PM
so go defected today. need to borrow/buy parts to get my road worthy. can give beer or cash. need stock ke70 front springs, interior carpet. the rest i can deal with. if anyone knows where i can get a "road worthy" can you please let me know. on the sunny coast qld.

dr1ft-pig
29th April 2009, 03:16 AM
pm biggo.... think he may know a few places dont quote me on that though

--Redwork--
29th April 2009, 03:53 AM
Why do you need carpet.???

scott_22
29th April 2009, 03:25 PM
Why do you need carpet.???

to hide the fact there is n sound deadening.

scott_22
29th April 2009, 03:25 PM
i may need a diff aswell...fuckin locker

GOODY
29th April 2009, 04:22 PM
I got some springs but I probably live a bit too far from you.. Logan?

Clinton
29th April 2009, 04:25 PM
carpet and sound deadener are a luxury, you dont need them. the car is still road worthy without sound deadener.

scott_22
30th April 2009, 12:46 AM
really? fuck yeah thanks dude. someone told me you had to have it.

marvis
30th April 2009, 12:54 AM
But it looks suspect when it goes over pits.

scott_22
30th April 2009, 01:08 AM
what looks suspect?

seek
30th April 2009, 01:22 AM
what did you do to get defected? ive had my shitbox in the sunny coast for about 2 years now... and i've had minimal police incidents...

but i may have some spare springs, ill check

marvis
30th April 2009, 01:37 AM
what looks suspect?

If you take the KE70 over the pits and it's got no sound deadening and carpet they will be like.. Whats going on here? and most likely go over the car in more detail and not be lenient.

I'll be putting mine in.

marvis.

hao.
30th April 2009, 01:43 AM
I might have full KE70 carpet here you can HAVE for nothing. I'll double check tomorrow and let you know.

scott_22
30th April 2009, 01:47 AM
well. i got a new exhaust system last week. looked fully sick. some clown at my work decided to shove a pallet jack underneath my car and jack it up. because the majority of the weight was on the exhaust. it broke the welds and i lost a rubber ring thing. so the exhaust was hanging a bit and i had to rap some wire around it to get home. didnt get the chance to fix it before work the next day. so drove to work. hoping i would be fine. got about 1km from my house and they spotted me from across the round about. new i was fucked from the get go. so they pulled me up and went over the car. done me for the exhaust being to low and loose, no back seats and balled rear tyres (duhh). so now i have 17 days to fix it. the exhaust is done (work is paying, fuckin cunts), was gonna go back to standard but im gonna get all good stuff now. but just have the car at legal height. but yeah i have to get a road worthy and if i dont do it in the 17 days i have to de-register the car until i fix it. then get a road worthy etc.
sucks ass really. all cause some fuck knuckle decided to fuck with me. dont know who it was. dont really wanna know either. scared of what i will do.

scott_22
30th April 2009, 01:48 AM
I might have full KE70 carpet here you can HAVE for nothing. I'll double check tomorrow and let you know.

thanks brother
oh and you too marv

scott_22
30th April 2009, 01:50 AM
and also. marv, can you still get "phone worthys"

gumbie
30th April 2009, 06:36 AM
scott, remember were we took the car in the first place to get a roady? Take it to the car shop right across the road, they are even dodgier.

scott_22
30th April 2009, 12:23 PM
thanks brother. i just need to find somewhere that i can get away with the diff. everything else should be fine.

hao.
30th April 2009, 08:06 PM
I have the full carpet here for you man. You just need to clean it and it should be all good. Let me know if you still want it.

Robo86
30th April 2009, 11:49 PM
fuck hao, i need to give ur shit back i feel bad lol

Ella
11th May 2009, 03:32 PM
i have a full unlocked diff if you want to swap it in, stock low ks rear shocks and springs too, also have the front shocks and springs but they are in my daily atm so id need some notice if i had to pull them out (prefer not too tho lol)

all this can be borrowed if needs be, im in redcliffe in brisbane yo

Edit:i just checked the date on the posts... you still need this stuff?

scott_22
12th May 2009, 01:00 AM
thanks for the offer dude. but for now i am just gonna take it off the road and turn it into a track car. ill let you know when and if i decide to put it on the road again. see if you've still got it.
<3

seek
12th May 2009, 08:43 PM
dude your best to get it back on the road... living in buderim is a big trip to the track and i can see you not going very often, with rego on, you can drive 15-20minutes and spend all the time you need:oh:... put it back on the road, if you really want to turn it into a track vehicle you can always de-register it.

unless your 100% hellbent on attending every track day (and have the funds to support it) then you will end up driving your car significantly less.

driftke70
13th May 2009, 01:08 AM
also keeps it sellable

also needs more engine

scott_22
13th May 2009, 02:18 AM
thats why i asked you what your springs were. figured it was legal. im turbo charging the 4k, for now. my mate has a 4afe that he said i could have. and i read somewhere that if you rebuild a fe bottom end and put a gze head on it, it drops the compression down to a boostable level. so i wanna look into that a bit more and see if it is true. just gotta find a gze head. and also i seen on rwdrivingclub.com.au that the is a k50 out of an ae85 that bolts to 4a and you dont need the ae71 hydraulic pedal box. so i want to have a look at that till i can afford to get w box and figure out how to do the hydraulic pedal box thing. wiring is gonna be the biggest headache for me. i wouldnt even know where to start. so i may have to pay for that to get done. also ordered 230mm 6kg rear springs, kyb rear shocks and i have some 6kg luvells at 240mm that i am gonna put in the front. also got corona lcas. it will be all legal height so once i get some new tyres and a standard diff in just for the roady and get one. get it back on the road. thats the plan anyway. never seems to happen quite so smoothly though.

marvis
13th May 2009, 10:37 AM
Track only sucks so bad.