PDA

View Full Version : Importing vehicle

Husar
30th April 2009, 04:11 PM
Hey there guys, and possibly girls.

Ive been looking online for importers in perth, and i have stumbled upon one that seems decent , JL Imports.
I was wondering whether anyone here has had any experience or heard anything about them.
Or maybe you know of another very good importer.

Cheers

slide86
30th April 2009, 04:15 PM
iron chef got my car over for me.

was awesome service, very highly recommended

4.5AG
30th April 2009, 06:02 PM
im not trying to bag out perth car importers, but ppl i know that have imported their car have found it simpler and cheaper to get an eastern states company to import it then just ship it to perth

Import it yourself, K line Roll on Roll off docks at Fremantle from Yokohama ones every month. I imported the car myself and saved $$$$$

vivioman
30th April 2009, 06:34 PM
Friend of mine used Imports 101 and had 2 cars imported for him by them.

Husar
30th April 2009, 09:10 PM
iron chef got my car over for me.

Who is Iron Chef? a member of these forums? where can i contact im?

Import it yourself, K line Roll on Roll off docks at Fremantle from Yokohama ones every month. I imported the car myself and saved $$$$$

The thing is i dont know where to get my car from in Japan, as i have originally been looking at tradecarview, but recently ive been informed that its pretty dodgy. I want to be sure im getting a quality product, and not realise ive bought a piece of junk when it arrives here in Freo.

slide86
30th April 2009, 10:04 PM
http://www.ironchefimports.com/site/

email him and tell him what you are after. he buys from the auctions and only gets the best quality cars in....mine was absolutly MINT, and had 95000km on it....so he only finds the best

just inform him of what you want and he will find it and can organise an inspection and HEAPS of photos.

swervedriver
30th April 2009, 10:52 PM
I Also am interested in this.

How much approximately do you's think it would cost to import a coupe into Perth? or even a nice hatch. Just rough estimates.. although I'm kinda in need of a car sooner, rather than later, I would rather wait to get something I would really enjoy owning than just jumping on some turbo car from the quokka.

Cheers

slide86
30th April 2009, 10:56 PM
it cost me $3400 in shipping, customs, import duty, gst and some other random shit

the price of my car was $7000

the complience was $3000

trueno
30th April 2009, 11:40 PM
try give ben a call at kyp.he brought in alot of ae86 before.

Husar
1st May 2009, 01:54 AM
try give ben a call at kyp.he brought in alot of ae86 before.

Yeah i emailed KYP a while back, and they told me they are only doing half cuts.
Maybe theyre importing them again, not sure.

trueno
2nd May 2009, 11:31 PM
he might of stop doing it.because he is really busy all the time.

Yeah i emailed KYP a while back, and they told me they are only doing half cuts.
Maybe theyre importing them again, not sure.

lach
4th May 2009, 04:12 AM
importing at the moment isn't the best. By the time the car gets here and registered it's way over priced. From personal experience with my last few cars i would steer clear of imports 101 and auto worx's. I have heard good things about iron chef and a local company called "black sun imports."

Husar
4th May 2009, 11:15 PM
I have heard good things about iron chef and a local company called "black sun imports."

I think i will send them an email then too, i sent one to Iron Chef on Friday, but still no reply from him. Maybe hes too busy also.

johnnydougherty
16th April 2020, 03:24 PM
My friend use BRI 3pl warehousing (http://www.brint.com.au/warehousing-distribution) and distribution for his imports. Although I imported the car myself and it seems like it cost me more. But I think yeah it is better for you and everyone have an importer to help you.