PDA

View Full Version : engine stand

ae71
1st May 2009, 06:03 PM
im in the market for a cheap engine stand, absolute max $100..

thinking steel castor wheels are the go.

wont be holding anything heavier then a 1jzgte..

anyone had any issues with 3 legged supercheap ones? i think repo have a similar sort of thing on special at the moment. both are about the same spec 350kg rating etc. but the guys at most of the repco stores seem to be fairly rude from my experience, so id just buy from the supercheap smacktards i reckon.

and no im not going to go out and buy a good quality $500 one so dont bother suggesting that lol.

Mr Awsome
2nd May 2009, 12:54 AM
super cheap ones are ok.
just wear shit clothes when assembling it.
its got shitty chinese paint and it will come of all over you.
they hold 350kgs according to the box. but there like $130.

Mickey H
2nd May 2009, 02:32 PM
My supershit engine stand cost about 80$, 350kg capacity never had a problem with it tipping over or anything. Circlip fell off for one of the wheels, apart from that no problems.

Jase86
4th May 2009, 10:25 AM
Cheapies will do the job, just watch the 3 legged ones with an inline 6 sitting on it when moving it around as they have a tendency to topple over!

ae71
4th May 2009, 06:08 PM
Mr Awsome - i dont know how you attach the engine to the engine stand with a gearbox :P sounds like your confusing it with a engine crain..?

will take it easy when moving it around

Prewer
5th May 2009, 09:32 AM
im in the market for a cheap engine stand, absolute max $100..

thinking steel castor wheels are the go.

wont be holding anything heavier then a 1jzgte..

anyone had any issues with 3 legged supercheap ones? i think repo have a similar sort of thing on special at the moment. both are about the same spec 350kg rating etc. but the guys at most of the repco stores seem to be fairly rude from my experience, so id just buy from the supercheap smacktards i reckon.

and no im not going to go out and buy a good quality $500 one so dont bother suggesting that lol.

Hey, who have you had dealings with from Repco?

Was it my remarks on BC that came across rude?? that wasnt my intention

Im at the Canning street store, feel free to introduce yourself and we can have a chat ;)

ae71
5th May 2009, 07:59 PM
hi mate,

no not in anyway you buddy. i have got people that are very helpful and friendly.. but then ive also got more that are quite rude threw out the repco stores. the guys at devo where rude no matter who served me. been to the invermay store twice, both times the service was average. i think ive only been to your store twice and the guys where really helpful.. once i had them drop in a part where i was working because they didn't have it instock and the other time was when i was after a heater hose and they didn't have one listed so the guy looked up the cheapest ones and grabbed a handful to see what would fit the best.

half the time they do have what im after instock, but the prices are a little high, i usually go to bursons, always very helpful and prices are good.

have had some other things come up (a fine and have to pay for seals and shit), maybe next week or so before i can grab a stand.

Prewer
5th May 2009, 10:58 PM
No worries - just ask for me, price problems sorted ;)

Mr Awsome
6th May 2009, 01:33 AM
Mr Awsome - i dont know how you attach the engine to the engine stand with a gearbox :P sounds like your confusing it with a engine crain..?

will take it easy when moving it around

haha no the cardboard box the engine stand comes in, says it will hold 350kgs haha

ae71
7th May 2009, 12:51 PM
yeah but you cant attached the motor to the stand with the gearbox on is what i was saying you usually bolt it on at the rear where the gearbox goes...

Mickey H
7th May 2009, 05:35 PM
If you have a block with no manifolds on it, you can bolt it to the stand using the side, can be useful if you wanna keep the flywheel on, or get to the crank seal etc. I wouldn't try it while the gearbox is on, unless you want it all to topple over.

Mr Awsome
7th May 2009, 06:33 PM
yeah but you cant attached the motor to the stand with the gearbox on is what i was saying you usually bolt it on at the rear where the gearbox goes...

super cheap ones are ok.
just wear shit clothes when assembling it.
its got shitty chinese paint and it will come of all over you.
they hold 350kgs according to the box. but there like $130.

where do u read anything about a gearbox???

ae71
7th May 2009, 09:30 PM
hhmm, somehow managed to miss read your posts..

my bad, DAMN IT BEING ILLITERATE SUCKS :P

Mr Awsome
7th May 2009, 11:24 PM
all good