PDA

View Full Version : 98% finished project

PuGZoR
10th March 2008, 12:34 PM
Hey everyone,

Yeah, thought I'd put a lil post up in the for sale section. Taking offers on "The Phoenix".

What's left to be done:
- Seat install
- Carpeting
- Little bit of wiring (fuel pump lines to be soldered, ignition lines to be hooked up, some random alternator plug, and cabin shit)
- Rest of interior (all in good condition, just not in)
- Body kit fitted

Everything else is hooked up and ready to rock. So many fkn parts it's not worth listing, a good portion of it is brand new and from good brands. It's at the exhaust shop getting that shit done at the moment. Everything's plumbed in and legal...

Full list of stuff that's it's got in it, and build thread, is here (http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/board/index.php?showtopic=10858). Well over 25k spent to date...

Reason for selling? Every time I see it I can only see the pain and frustration the fucking thing has caused me. It's a constant source of fighting between my father and myself, has cost me far too much, and basically has been nothing but a burden for me over the past 18 months. I'll be losing a shitload but I don't care anymore.

Looking for offers over 15k.

Thanks.

sotiros86
10th March 2008, 02:01 PM
Finish it off first, then sell it for like 18g. I know you want it gone, but it doesnt sound like there is to much left to do, you should be able to knock it over in a solid weekend. Good luck with the sale

d1_drift_kid
10th March 2008, 10:59 PM
what a rich guy, i read the write up lol

howee
12th March 2008, 12:58 AM
Mm Sad Story mate, I stared it down at Cookies when i was the last couple of days for my car, Its really hot mate, And only done to the best. If its the best thing for it buy selling it go for it. don't listen to anyone else, its ur discision... As long as u come back with a E7* or AE* :)

howee

PuGZoR
12th March 2008, 11:17 PM
Thanks mate, but once this is gone I don't think I'll go onto anything else. Have a KE70 panel van, it's a piece of shit but it runs, and I don't even have the slightest of feelings to modify it, just want to keep it running. I just want out on cars, they're too much pain for me to go with all the other bullshit I put up with.

Still chasing offers. Will throw in a black XL AE86DC shirt, only worn like 4 times max. That alone should add like a grand to offers.

I know I'm askin' an awful lot, but really guys, there's bugger all to finish on this car. My closer friends are calling me a "fucking idiot" and alike because of how stupidly close this is to being finished. No corners cut on this one, and I'm losing 10k and 18 months of chasing dickheads up for parts, and figuring out what I'm meant to do because people didn't want to help as it's less money they'd get out of me.

I want it gone.

hara_kiri
13th March 2008, 06:33 AM
i no exactly how u feel matey with tryin to build a car in the parents garage, many arguments

best thing i can say to do would be to send the car to someone to finish it, then enjoy the car, don't do anything with it for 3 months or so just drive and enjoy what u've built over the past few years

mine is coming up 2 years in the build, and its depressed the shit outa me not having it finished and that but whatever money ive spent dosent matter, its an ae86 built by urself, i would struggle to put an add up to sell mine, too much love with it, but good luck with the sale, very good for someone to easily finish and enjoy on ur behalf

good luck matey

Stain
16th March 2008, 01:14 PM
Just try and put the crap out of your mind... and send it off to someone to finish it.
My car has cost me soooo much money, I've had to REBUY parts because of arseholes taking my money and not providing the goods.
I've had to chase up parts for up to 18months - and some I still don't have!
Not only that I've had to watch as the car gets rustier sitting under a tarp in the back yard! No shed for me!
The only way I've survived it is to just forget about it and get on with your day, slowly it comes together.
Infact after 2 years now mine is just going off to be prepped, painted and windows installed...
Thats sure to cost me around $7-8k because I don't have the time or will to do it myself anymore.
But dammit I'm finishing this car! And so should you.

PuGZoR
16th March 2008, 03:08 PM
This isn't the time for me to be taking on more stress, unfortunatly. I'll tell you where I sit at in life, might make some of you understand a little better why I need something to go.

So about 5-6 years ago, I was diagnosed with clinical depression. That's the type that is usually hereditary (you get it from your parents), and can't really be changed. This means that no matter what happens in life, I'll always be plagued by this bullshit chemical imbalance in my brain. Lately this has been playing up (they need to constantly increase meds, because your body gets immune to the dosage your on) and it looks like I'm due for another dose up. I'm currently on meds equal to about 30x what the original starting dose I was on was. I did try therapy, but it didn't help at all. I still think of suicide as a viable option a lot, to the point where it's wierd if I haven't considered it at least once a day.

Despite this, I'm really trying to get ahead in life, you know, make something out of myself. I studied pretty hard in high school until the depression got bad, I mean I ended up passing Maths B and C, chemistry, physics, english and some high level computer subject. Always had a natural skill with anything technical, raised myself on computers, taught myself a lot of things people usually pay to get taught. I know how shit works...

As it stands I'm a trainee general manager for a small multinational company, with a pretty bright future. It's busy stuff, but no two days are ever the same, and yeah, I do end up working a lot without pay when the job requires it. I've done 3 big trips overseas and have been to places like Hong Kong, Singapore, Malaysia, The Philippines, and I've got a trip to Japan coming up later this year. All in the name of business. I work with my parents too, which you'd think would be a bit easier, and it is in a way, you know, easier to take days off, etc, but you can't take "sickies" off, and basically you never end up switching off from work. It's discussed all the time.

I'm also doing university part time, which I've been doing since 2004 now. They recently changed the course to being a "trimester" system, meaning instead of a busy 15 week semester, they've changed it to being a stupid crazy 10 week trimester, and have 3 of those a year. On top of that, they've decided to change my course twice since I've been there, meaning I've been fucked around a lot. I do come out with a triple major, but yeah, I still need to put a shitload of effort to come out with that.

My parents split two years ago, which I'm still not quite alright with. My dad's got a girlfriend in Hong Kong, some youngish filippino girl, she's alright. He spends a lot of time over there with her, and I don't get to see him much. Which is wierd, because I kinda live with him here away from mum. So I do spend a lot of time alone, especially during the week. Tensions are tight at home. Dad's here for once, and unhappy because I said no to him when he tried to order me to do some crap for him this afternoon which he's too lazy to do himself. He ended up throwing one of my mugs into the ground, and breaking a broom because of me. Looks like I'll have to move out soon.

I have a girlfriend, but I know she's not "the one" for me, but I don't want to break her heart. I've told her this, but we've both agreed that until there's something wrong, we might as well enjoy each others company. She's hoping I'll come around, but I know I'll end up breaking her heart one day.

I'm not trying to get sympathy, I just want people to understand that I'm a 21 year old with too much on his plate, and the '86 is the easiest thing to get off my mind at the moment. Losing 10k on this car doesn't even phase me at the moment, I just want one of my problems solved. For once.

hara_kiri
17th March 2008, 07:20 AM
all i can say is i wish i had spare coin to pay for your car to be finished, ur a good man with a lot on his plate for sure

good luck with sale

jono86
17th March 2008, 08:06 AM
just something i have noticed about ae86's.
when they are over a certain amount of money ie 7-8g they get really hard to sell.
the only way i have seen them move quickly is when parted out. maybe this should be considered.
just a thought. :)

PuGZoR
17th March 2008, 02:05 PM
You're right on the money there jono86. Have been considering it.

List of shit in this "bad boy", note that this doesn't include all the custom bullshit like brackets, etc:

Powerplant
AE101 4AGZE Block and head (8.9:1 compression, 1587cc, less than 56000km's since new)
Cometic triple layer, metal headgasket
ARP head studs
Genuine Toyota timing belt
440cc Injectors
Garrett GT2560R dual ball-bearing turbo

Intake / Exhaust
3 inch Mandrel bent exhaust
Highflow cat converter
Custom dump pipe
Kelway turbo manifold
Tial 38mm Wastegate
Turbosmart 25mm Kompact blow off valve
Customer intercooler and intake pipes
RWD 4AGE intake plennum
T3 Bigport to Smallport reducer plate

Cooling
Koyo twin core, 56mm thick radiator
Caliber thermofan (12")
B&M Supercooler oil cooler system with remote filter mount
450x300x74mm JustJap intercooler with 3" inlets
Braided turbo oil and water lines
Turbo blanket
RWD 4AGE water system
CoolingPro silicon radiator pipes

Electronics
Microtech LT10S with Hand Controller
Microtech X4 ignition module
AE101 Coilpacks and CAS
GReddy Profec II Spec B Electronic Boost Controller
GReddy Intelligent turbo timer
Autogauge oil pressure gauge
Boot mounted battery
Champion starter motor
RWD 4AGE alternator
Alpine headunit, 4" speakers and 6x9" speakers

Fuel Delivery
8mm feed (EFI) line
1.4L surge tank
Facet lifter pump
Walbro external EFI pump
Custom aluminium fuel system box
AE101 fuel rail
Sard Fuel Pressure Regulator

Brakes
AE101 4AGZE calipers on custom mounts (front)
278mm slotted discs (front)
Cusco brake master cylinder stopper
YR22 Tarago drums (rear)
Custom handbrake cables

Body and Interior
Panels neatened, rust treated
Custom yellow paint job for most of body
Streeter by Streeter kit in dark grey
Fibreglass dash skin
Elevo steering wheel
SAAS boss kit
5 point bolt-in rear half cage
Basic carpeting
Autotecnica bucket seats on modified stock rails
Whiteline strut brace (front)
Seat-strut brace with harness mounts (rear)

Driveline
TRD engine mounts
Niteparts bellhousing
JZA80 W58 reconditioned gearbox
T-18 clutch slave
Xtreme 4 puck cushioned button clutch kit
212mm flywheel
Custom gearbox crossmember
One piece custom tailshaft
YR22 Tarago F-series diff (modified to suit the AE86) (4.3:1 ratio)
TRD 2-way mechanical LSD

Suspension / Steering
KYB 4-way adjustable short stroke shocks (front)
KYB AGX 8-way adjustable short stroke shocks (rear)
Koni coilover conversion (front)
AJPS 8kg springs (front)
AJPS 6kg springs (rear)
T3 roll centre adjusters
Quaife quick-rack
Cusco camber tops (front)
Whiteline swaybar (front and rear)
Whiteline adjustable panhard rod
SuperPro trailing arm bushes
New tie rods
Genuine Toyota power steering knuckles

Wheels / Tyres
15x7.5" 3-piece Simmons (staggered offsets)
Nankang wheels

MARKE70
17th March 2008, 09:26 PM
how much for all the W box gear???

and i feel for ya man, that story sucks, for me sliding my car is, (well normally is) a big stress relief thing. But yeah you gotta do whats best for you.

Christof
18th March 2008, 11:00 AM
would you seperate?

if so how much for that engine?

PuGZoR
18th March 2008, 01:06 PM
Not separating unless it's significantly financially better. This means I'm not putting prices on things, but rather I'd have to receive crazy offers for significant portions.

Eg, Engine/gearbox/tailshaft/diff would have to all go in one sale for some crazy price.

MARKE70
22nd March 2008, 01:32 PM
what would i have to offer for it to be a crazy offer for all the W box gear????