PDA

View Full Version : 4AC WIRING DIAGRAM

loc33e
16th March 2008, 02:47 PM
hey there guys, just wondering if anybody would have a 4ac wiring diagram that they can post up and maybe also a bigport 4age one aswell ! need these to do my conversion very soon ..

cheers !

parrot
16th March 2008, 04:05 PM
Look in tech articles in the stickies section. Everything is there.

rthy
16th March 2008, 09:21 PM
heres a quick run down assuming you have an ae86

all wires come out of that ugnly plug on the firewall.

thickest cable (black with yellow tracer I think?) goes to the solenoid

a pair that has the same base colour goes to the reverse switch

another pair goes over the engine and splits, one goes to the temp sensor for the dash and the other goes to the oil pressure sensor

loc33e
16th March 2008, 10:48 PM
thnx for the help guys!
but none of the links seem to work at this stage .. ive been tryna search for them but nothing yet =\ maybe i need search a lil harder lol. but yeh any help i can get is much appreciated yo !

Anthony
16th March 2008, 11:28 PM
just to clarify sam's help..

Large (ugly) black plug middle of firewall seam...

thick black/white = starter motor solenoid

red/black and red/blue is to the reverse switch on the gearbox

yellow/green is the temp sender

yellow/black is the oil pressure sender

2 pin plug near washer bottle (goes to carby)...

black yellow is fuel cut solenoid (anti key banger device :( )

yellow is engine charge to power the electric choke (only active when engine actually running)

And that is about all there is to a 4AC :)

rthy
16th March 2008, 11:31 PM
awesome, good work anthony.

its funny I had forgotten what that 2 pin plug was near my washer bottle. I ended getting pissed off with it and chopping it off ages ago.

Sherlock
16th March 2008, 11:40 PM
Maybe a stoopid question, but I'll grab you smarty pants while I can. I'm about to to a 4AC conversion in my KE. Can I use the 4k loom? Will it all be the same?

rthy
16th March 2008, 11:44 PM
well it would be pretty basic to convert it across. Just see what it feeds when you take it off and change the length of the wires to go back to the same thing when you have the 4ac, BTW use the K engine temp sensor in the 4ac

parrot
17th March 2008, 12:10 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (loc33e @ Mar 16 2008, 10:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=503075)</div>
thnx for the help guys!
but none of the links seem to work at this stage .. ive been tryna search for them but nothing yet =\ maybe i need search a lil harder lol. but yeh any help i can get is much appreciated yo ![/b]

No, you just need to scroll down.

loc33e
17th March 2008, 08:55 AM
haha cheeers guys !

rthy
17th March 2008, 07:23 PM
I should add this to the FAQ

loc33e
18th March 2008, 10:16 PM
back for some more questions guys .. sorry ! umm also wanted to know can i use stock lifter pump from the 4ac and run it to the surge tank? or will i have to buy another lifter pump? if so what is recommend and where can i obtain it ?

cheers !

harmsup_jai
19th March 2008, 12:44 AM
The 4AC has a mechanical fuel pump attached to the engine, so you will need a new electric lift pump.
You can get lift pumps from most parts places.

loc33e
29th March 2008, 07:47 PM
hey guys where can i buy a lifter pump from ?? been to repco but they don't stock them so yeh .. anybody know where i can get one from ?? also how much does it roughly cost ?

cheers !

peter