PDA

View Full Version : Brakes pull to the left, didnt happen before now

pebbles
22nd March 2008, 12:45 AM
ok, just went for a short easter hillsy,

coming down the hill got fair brake fade, as you do with stock ke brakes

got to the bottom of the hill, now when i brake the car massively steers to the left, and locks up the front left wheel if i anchor it.

i got out n had a look, and the discs were still glowing a little red, so anyway then i drove home,

dunno if it makes a difference but i span on one of the hairpins and came to a screeching sideways halt on a left hairpin.

my toe looks a little out, but it has always been like that and my car doesn't seam to pull either way under normal driving(no braking)

can anyone shed light on my situation?

-cheers

shakes
22nd March 2008, 08:38 AM
cooked your front right brake/pad/line... left brake come's on, car pivot's on the left wheel causing it to pull left.

REPLACE ALL pad's fluids and possibly front rotor's either way. with something a little more decent

Bobomacho
22nd March 2008, 08:17 PM
the right caliper might have seized and not engaging anymore

af300e
22nd March 2008, 09:06 PM
Glowing red? Are you serious?

Jonny Rochester
22nd March 2008, 09:07 PM
Most likely the left brake caliper has seized. Best to take both brake calipers off, and fully apart. Get new seals. Use rubber grease on everything, not normal grease.

pebbles
23rd March 2008, 03:27 AM
do u mean the right one has seized? because the lef one is the one that aqctualy works coz it pulls to the left

and yes af300e glowing red, its not the first time ive had them this hot, just this has never happened before

today it has not beeen so bad becuase obviulsy they had all nite to coo down, tho stil under hard brakeing and atfer abit of trash around to get the brakes warm they difinitl;y still pull to the left.

i don't know anything about rebuilding calipers but i'll see what i can do, they brake fine for now for just normal driveing, guess ill just havge to back off hills until i get it sorted out, my mate said today hes got spare rotos's pads and I'm guessing calipers aswell so hopefully i should be able to sort it out with new pads and any parts he has.

cheers for help guys

edit: under influence of alcohol spelling may be terrible

E7
23rd March 2008, 07:53 PM
caliper siezed mostly likly

just of of interest how is the tyre wear on the front tyres? even? good tyres?

af300e
23rd March 2008, 10:32 PM
Shit, I thought I was an animal on brakes but i've never had them red. Red means 400 degrees centigrade at least, and could mean anything up to 600 degrees.

slide86
23rd March 2008, 10:43 PM
hotter than that.

we put 600 paint on the cop car brakes when we go to mallala. it frys the paint off after a few laps, but they aint glowing yet

pebbles
24th March 2008, 11:08 PM
yeah even tyre wear,
stil have descent tread, cheapy tyres tho

I'm stil driving it around and it seams fine, it doesnt realy seam to be pulling, but i havnt thrashed it much yet