PDA

View Full Version : ze problem

lachy2k3
25th March 2008, 10:14 PM
hey guys..

well the problem is while I'm driving and release the throttle it doesnt actually decelerate until 1-2 seconds after i do it..

For example when I'm driving on 60k's, i release throttle but its still travelling at 60k's until 1-2 secs later then the speed starts going down. or when I'm gassing and then clutch in straight away to change gears the revs flick up around 500-8000rpm.

Its hard to explain but hopefully someone can understand and help me out.. its very annoying to drive. thanks in advance.

riojin
25th March 2008, 10:22 PM
mines the same. its the nature of the supercharger when you have a modded abv. the compressed air it builds up when accelerating needs to be released and the only way out is through the intake system. you could you could unmod your abv but then youd only be running stock boost

Justo
25th March 2008, 10:55 PM
hows you throttle response?
do you have a front mount intercooler?

if you do it might be because of the extra length of the intake plumbing.
lots of FWD boys have problems like yours when they put a big front mount on.
they also loose throttle response as the SC needs to pressurise so much more intercooler piping.

squish
25th March 2008, 11:20 PM
i have the abv mod, doesnt do that. most likely bigger cooler. i think a guy had the problem with a sc14 on a aw11. can't remember why that happened

Gunner
26th March 2008, 12:26 AM
u might find the addition of a bov may help, as it would take the place of the abv when the throttle is released

Hen is a total nutcase
26th March 2008, 12:03 PM
GZEs have bad throttle response because of the large inlet post-throttle. As someone mentioned, there is lots of space to pressurise/depressurise when changing throttle positions. It's a fact of life, learn to drive around it. Though your situation sounds like it's at the more extreme end of the problem.

Only solution is to move the throttle post-SC. But that means you need a BOV and probably a few other changes.

Hen

stinger_007
26th March 2008, 12:54 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gunbz-r @ Mar 26 2008, 12:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=507786)</div>
u might find the addition of a bov may help, as it would take the place of the abv when the throttle is released[/b]

Won't work (the BOV).

It will suck air in, rather than release it. Remember, SC is after TB on GZE!!

Tom86
26th March 2008, 01:35 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DriftPlease @ Mar 25 2008, 08:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=507651)</div>
hey guys..

well the problem is while I'm driving and release the throttle it doesnt actually decelerate until 1-2 seconds after i do it..

For example when I'm driving on 60k's, i release throttle but its still travelling at 60k's until 1-2 secs later then the speed starts going down. or when I'm gassing and then clutch in straight away to change gears the revs flick up around 500-8000rpm.

Its hard to explain but hopefully someone can understand and help me out.. its very annoying to drive. thanks in advance.[/b]

I have this exact same problem on my ZE where it continue to rev for half a second after you lift off the throttle. My mechanic fixed this by adjusting the TPS to compensate for the large front mount and long pipings that I'm running. It works fine now :2thumbs: even idle properly and everything.

riojin
26th March 2008, 02:47 PM
do you know what settings he adjusted the TPS to or just did it by ear? did he use the ones out of the toyota service manual?

samuek
26th March 2008, 02:55 PM
mine does the same thing cause of the intercooler piping, but its not as extreem as drift please, mine will do it for a sec after, but if I'm gassing it and clutch in it only revs up a little, so it doesnt bother me too much....

biggo
26th March 2008, 03:35 PM
Twin TB's will fix it too, feasable option to those who have absolutly massive FMIC

Otherwise, the 4age TB swap is supposed to help a lil bit according to mattyshop

riojin
26th March 2008, 04:00 PM
apparently the 4age TB is supposed to fix it

i bought one on sunday. i wont be getting my car back for another month so ill have to wait to install it.

I'm interested in Tom86's fix for it. maybe just some fiddling with the idle screw and TPS setup could help it. ill try it, playing it by ear before i put the 4age throttle body on. itll remind me of the old carbie tuning days a few years ago

Tom86
26th March 2008, 04:45 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (riojin @ Mar 26 2008, 12:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=507972)</div>
do you know what settings he adjusted the TPS to or just did it by ear? did he use the ones out of the toyota service manual?[/b]

I think he did it by ear, because in the beginning the TPS was set at original factory spec and everything was all over the place stalling at traffic light etc. Now it is working good never have to touch it since.

Justo
26th March 2008, 06:25 PM
The NA 4age throttle body will not fix the problem. I
It will improve your throttle response but you will still have the off throttle problems.
To reduce the off throttle problems use 2in cooler piping or put the throttle body after the supercharger.
one bad point... if you do move the throttle body after the supercharger you will need to re-plumb a lot of things. I'm not sure if you'll need an aftermarket computer but it wold probly make it easier.
oh and the super charger sound will be heaps louder

Gunner
26th March 2008, 07:23 PM
sorry forgot got, i got used to commi's lol. (aftermarket ones)