PDA

View Full Version : 2.8l ma61 supra

quadeyquade
29th March 2008, 08:55 PM
Hey my mate has a ma61 which he is ripping to tiny pieces. Is there anything i should take off it for my sprinter?

parrot
29th March 2008, 09:24 PM
I've seen on Toymods I think, that the power window regulators are a direct fit into the AE86, and you just need to muck about a bit locating the switches.

Beserker99
29th March 2008, 09:48 PM
Wheels and gearbox also come to mind.

And yes...power windows :D

pebbles
30th March 2008, 02:31 AM
wing if it has one,

sell it to someone with an RA6X celica

oh i just re-read that u want stuff for your car.
um
wheels,

SEATS
they are comfy as

Jonny Rochester
30th March 2008, 02:58 PM
The front struts and brakes are worth having, if only to sit in your shed for a while so you can look at them and think about things.

A few fittings and joints on the steering rack will be the same or similar.

Get the electric fuel pump in the tank, and the fuel line between the filter and the engine.

I would get the relays, fuses, and a few plugs off the wiring harness, but thats just me.

The diff and gearbox are worth money, if not for the Sprinter.

quadeyquade
30th March 2008, 03:21 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (grape_moosha @ Mar 30 2008, 12:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=509980)</div>
wing if it has one,

sell it to someone with an RA6X celica

oh i just re-read that u want stuff for your car.
um
wheels,

SEATS
they are comfy as[/b]

yeah this reminds me that they are the seats with that squeezey thing to control how comfy they are. but they need a re trim. should i just take the whole car?

also it had 2 wings, but his dad took one off and put it on a pervis eureka.. as you do

Javal
30th March 2008, 03:26 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (quadeyquade @ Mar 30 2008, 02:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=510131)</div>
yeah this reminds me that they are the seats with that squeezey thing to control how comfy they are. but they need a re trim. should i just take the whole car?

also it had 2 wings, but his dad took one off and put it on a pervis eureka.. as you do[/b]

No, cause then you have a car sitting in your driveway you don't want.

Just get the parts ftw.

pebbles
31st March 2008, 11:41 PM
take the seats if u think it would be worth it to get them retrimmed, yeah the drivers one is sweet with the air adjustment

if it was me id probs take the car strip what i want then dump it on the street and call the wreckers,
if it was free anyway lol

PuGZoR
1st April 2008, 06:41 PM
I'm in the same position... I bought a MA61 for the box and wheels (haha, $400 it cost me), and have pretty much everything else left over. So power windows, front suspension, steering rack... what else should I keep for myself?

Anyone here actually put the MA61 window stuff into an 86? What extent do I need to rip it out?

gaz20v
1st April 2008, 09:26 PM
check the diff code, some have F series LSD's, centre could be sold to someone doing an F diff conversion.?? F293 are lsd i believe

xsoarerx
1st April 2008, 09:48 PM
ma61 is IRS and if its an IRS diff it can't be used in its live axle counterpart. youll need to find a live axle F serised lsd diff for that one...

if its manual, take the pedals (brake and clutch) with slave, clutch master, hard and soft lines (do not cut them!!!), drive shaft, gearbox, gearbox x member, clutch & fly etc... and sell it as a conversion...

you could get up to 500 if someone is willing, i payed that for mine.

also MA61 owners are really picky so if you take a good few pics people will ask for random bits off the car, like bump strips, window trims, interior bits, sell them for a few dollars each + shipping and you should make some money from it.

gaz20v
1st April 2008, 10:24 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (xsoarerx @ Apr 1 2008, 09:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=511520)</div>
ma61 is IRS and if its an IRS diff it can't be used in its live axle counterpart. youll need to find a live axle F serised lsd diff for that one...

if its manual, take the pedals (brake and clutch) with slave, clutch master, hard and soft lines (do not cut them!!!), drive shaft, gearbox, gearbox x member, clutch & fly etc... and sell it as a conversion...

you could get up to 500 if someone is willing, i payed that for mine.

also MA61 owners are really picky so if you take a good few pics people will ask for random bits off the car, like bump strips, window trims, interior bits, sell them for a few dollars each + shipping and you should make some money from it.[/b]

hmm interesting, I have heard before that it doesnt matter if the diff is irs or live when it comes to centre compatibility??

check link, fella used an altezza lsd centre in a live F.

http://www.toycrazy.net/mark/KE70.htm

PuGZoR
1st April 2008, 10:32 PM
I heard floatings around that most F series LSD centres are basically the same, may have to change bearings though to make certain types suitable. It's a fairly main bearing too, apparently. Yeah, need to research this more. :P

But yeah, already sold the diff (had a good ratio), and a few more bits and pieces... Looks like someone will be coming for the box soon too. :)

EDIT: gaz20v, there's no live axle diff on that page. Live axle's are like FWD driveshafts, just coming from a diff rather than a FWD box...

gaz20v
1st April 2008, 10:45 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (PuGZoR @ Apr 1 2008, 10:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=511555)</div>
EDIT: gaz20v, there's no live axle diff on that page. Live axle's are like FWD driveshafts, just coming from a diff rather than a FWD box...[/b]

hmm i believe the diff shown in the link is a corona diff? solid beam/ also known as live axle i thought, see linkage for a reference

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Live_axle

what you are describing i take is IRS

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Independent_suspension

slide86
2nd April 2008, 01:01 AM
i think you can fit an irs lsd into a live centre, but you have to space the crown wheel......is this correct?

sr_rolla
2nd April 2008, 01:17 AM
If the motor still runs u should take it out and give it to me so i can keep my crown running a bit longer :teehee:

seriously tho, seats, gearbox, diff, front struts and pwr window thingos for you, and all the easily damaged trinkets for ebay (wing, flares, bump strips, lights etc) and if its got electronic ignition, i'll take all the bits of your hands for you.

PuGZoR
2nd April 2008, 07:48 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gaz20v @ Apr 1 2008, 09:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=511567)</div>
hmm i believe the diff shown in the link is a corona diff? solid beam/ also known as live axle i thought, see linkage for a reference

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Live_axle

what you are describing i take is IRS

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Independent_suspension[/b]
Shut up, it was late, lol.

gaz20v
2nd April 2008, 09:49 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (PuGZoR @ Apr 2 2008, 07:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=511697)</div>
Shut up, it was late, lol.[/b]

haha definatly was!!