PDA

View Full Version : just curious...

toolman
29th March 2008, 11:48 PM
hey guys
I'm fair new to levins..
i just need to know a few things.
1> is there any that i can't drive on ps?
2> are they a pain in the ass for a daily?
3>what can can you compare it to performace wise? i.e a crx vtec yo?
4> dose anyone have more pictures on that levin thats dark maroon and body kited?
5> how much am i looking at for a levin with crap paint and good for a project.?
6> any more info i shud need?
thanks heaps

Javal
30th March 2008, 12:54 AM
You may want to do a bit of a search there matey, there's plenty of this info around. The search button is right up the top of the page.

However, cause your new i'll be nice and answer some of your q's.

1> is there any that i can't drive on ps?
Any Sprinter that has had modifications done to it is technically ineligible to be driven by a p plater. Motor swaps, suspension, anything that requires a mod plate. If you are in nsw / qld / vic (?) that is.

2> are they a pain in the ass for a daily?
Not unless you have rock hard suspension in it, or the motor is running like crap.

3>what can can you compare it to performace wise? i.e a crx vtec yo?
All depends what motor is in it.

4ac = pedalpower
4age 16V = close enough in pace to a VL commodore, depending on how light your car is / work done to the motor
4age 20V = a little quicker again
4agze = spank most 3.8 V6 commos
4agte = sky's the limit.

This is not all 100% accurate.

4> dose anyone have more pictures on that levin thats dark maroon and body kited?

Link (http://images.google.com)

5> how much am i looking at for a levin with crap paint and good for a project.?

Paint won't be your main issue. Rust will. you're looking between $3k - $14k (which is very steep imo) depending on spec, powertrain and general condition.

A rusted out, crap paint, 4ac powered ADM (Australian domestic market) sprinter may set you back $3.5, while a minty fresh JDM (Japanese domestic market) Sprinter with tasteful but simple mods, 4age 16v, suspension work etc can be anywhere up to $10k+

6> any more info i shud need?
Yes. Alot more. Read up.

thanks heaps

You're welcome.

Sherlock
30th March 2008, 03:06 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Javal @ Mar 30 2008, 12:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=509963)</div>
4age 16V = close enough in pace to a VL commodore, depending on how light your car is / work done to the motor[/b]

:o How dare you compare our cars to Commonwhores! :teehee:

All good answers none the less :)

rthy
30th March 2008, 03:13 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Javal @ Mar 29 2008, 11:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=509963)</div>
4ac = The Devil[/b]
fixed

rthy
30th March 2008, 09:18 PM
I have a worn out 20V engine that has a stock ecu but with my own intake and exhuast and before my efi had issues it could beat a 5L V8 commodor.

Benno
30th March 2008, 10:13 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sam_Q @ Mar 30 2008, 08:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=510318)</div>
I have a worn out 20V engine that has a stock ecu but with my own intake and exhuast and before my efi had issues it could beat a 5L V8 commodor.[/b]

yeah but most v6 commonwhores will beat there 5lt brotherins

rthy
30th March 2008, 10:17 PM
ah interesting, me not the Falca-dorre type I didnt know that. That explains why one of them put up an unusually good fight when I took one of them on once.