PDA

View Full Version : AE86 Sprinter -> Trueno

KameSama
2nd April 2008, 12:57 PM
Okay, so I've got myself an AE86 Sprinter (as in the one that was released in Australia).
But what I was really after was the Trueno effect (ie pop-up headlights).
Can anyone tell me how I might go about getting the parts to modify it to look like a Trueno?

I mean, it is just the front that needs modifying right?

Thanks in advance :greenbounce:

rthy
2nd April 2008, 01:06 PM
yes
guards
bonnet
bumper (+ mounts)
indicators
headlights (maybe need some cutting to the body to fit)

I'm sure this has been covered only a few billion times...

rthy
2nd April 2008, 01:07 PM
Dave from AJPS has two coming in from Japan soon, go to the sponsors section to contact him, otherwise keep your eyes peeled in the for sale sections.

For all other conversion topics try the FAQ section and do a search for the conversion info.

biGtai
2nd April 2008, 11:53 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rthy @ Apr 2 2008, 12:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=511808)</div>
headlights (maybe need some cutting to the body to fit)

I'm sure this has been covered only a few billion times...[/b]
couldn't find the answer.. does the radiator support need to be cut or what's the deal?

rthy
3rd April 2008, 12:01 AM
factory sprinter (levin) headlight mounting points fixed to the radiator support get in the way of the trueno mounting brackets... u need to remove them to fit.
try fitting a trueno headlight onto a adm sprinter front and u will know what i mean.

choom78
5th April 2008, 02:06 PM
You will also need to modify your electrics to run the pop-up mechanism. Relays, control switches. There is also a dip switch that exists on proper treunos if you want to go all authentic.

Going treuno isn't cheap, basically add around 2k once you have got all the bits on.

For the AC support bracket, you will need to remove them off adm shells. Drill some holes where the spot welding points are. That should be the neatest way of doing it.

slydar
5th April 2008, 02:23 PM
you can do it "race style" too.

with frp guards, bonnet and head light covers and a body kit. And then just fixed after market lights as seen on alot of d1 style cars, and also kens car from infinite autosport (forum sponsor).

you will end up with a non adr compliant lighting set up though. worth considering if you were planing to run a kit and frp bonnet.