PDA

View Full Version : Engine wont turn over

Hipp
3rd April 2008, 04:31 AM
Hello,
I have a 4a-c and it wont turn over, no crank or anything. Is this a easy fix or new engine?

rthy
3rd April 2008, 06:34 AM
does it make a clicking sound when you try?

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/faq/inde...a/starter-relay (http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/faq/index.php/BY_ENGINE/4a/starter-relay)

Hipp
3rd April 2008, 07:18 AM
Nope no clicking noise, but looking closer the engine just looks like its dead, checked the oil and its milky. So I think I'm just going to put a new 4ac engine in.

Now just have to find a step by step picture guide, I have a manual but its to hard to understand. Anyone have one? ^_^

ke70dave
3rd April 2008, 09:44 AM
new 4ac engine?

ease as!

carby = no wires

just take a few pics with a digital camera of how stuff went (specially vac lines, they can get annoying).

and as you undo stuff, just take mental notes on how stuff went, or get the digital camera going again.

you shouldn't have any dramas

Gullie
3rd April 2008, 11:45 AM
check the wires going to the starter are still in good nick
But if your oil is milky your best off just throwing a new one in anyway

its very easy man i swapped mine over in a matter of hours, with a crane and air tools.
just have a mate handy thats good with nuts and bolts :2thumbs:

Marco
3rd April 2008, 11:16 PM
milky oil... Wouldn't you just do a head gasket? or if you do drop a new engine in ill take you old one:p

Vezza
3rd April 2008, 11:59 PM
Yeah jizz looking oil = blown head gasket, was the same as my 4ac... amazingly it was running on 3 cylinders for about 300kms though, just rattled the shit outta everything. Fairly easy fix with a new gasket from ebay, think it was bout 40 bux if i remember correctly. However you could use this opportunity for a 4age upgrade ^_^ ;) hehe

fixeruperer
4th April 2008, 12:57 AM
have ya got dash lights ?

pebbles
4th April 2008, 01:13 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
have ya got dash lights ?[/b]

+1 ?

if not then, get them,
if so, take ur starter out and see if it will crank itself over,
if it doesnt then somethign there is screw, eg, wireing, solonoid, starter itself., if it does turn the starter over
get a socket on the crank of the engine and see if u can turn it over by hand?
how long has this engine been sitting?
if its a long time, u should top the oil up, or beter yet change it, crank it over by hand several times, top up coolent (to get it started,a nd flush if u can get it running)

if u cannot crank it over by hand (remember to make sure its in neutral) then it could be a number of things,
which also include something fucked behind the flywheel (my clutch disc came apart and jammed bits of metal in my flywheela nda gainst the starter and it woudlnt start,
this was easily seen as soon as i took the starter out so do that first.

but yeah, if worst comes to worst, replace the 4ac,
or even go 4age

u may have a blown headgasket or something else, but tis weird that there is no clicking, definitly check the starter first

PS: if what i said made no sense (and not just because of grammatical errors) then get someone who knows mildy what they are doing to have a look at it,