PDA

View Full Version : Nana Spec KE70

Troy09
4th April 2008, 12:26 PM
Hey All,

Just bought a Minta Spec 5 spd *E7* that at the Moment is completely stock As I bought it off of an Elderly.
At First I had a few problems, which included it not idleing very well, and then the choke cable broke, which doesnt help with the coming Coldness of winter. But overall it is a good runner, with not one spot of rust.

Plans are:
-Looking at getting some Chopped Falcons, on stock shocks for the time being. Should do the job until i can save for:
-AJPS Front Coilovers, 7kg Fronts, and also some 5kg's for the rear, absorbed by Excel G Short Strokes, or TRD Blue Shocks.
-4AGE Smallport, stock, but modify it slowly as the Wallet allows, Hoping to get around 90-100 kw or around that mark.
-Nardi or Louisi wheel, and also strip out the sound deadening for a bit of weight loss.

-At the moment, I'm having fun at a few car parks and industrial areas, but once i have an engine transplant, i wil be keen to maybe try out the track or Mallala for some practice and a bit of fun.

Heres Some Pics. Hope u like it.

Cheers, Troy

floody31
4th April 2008, 12:33 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Troy09 @ Apr 4 2008, 11:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=513031)</div>
hey just bought a nana spec keto. it is completely stock bought it off and old guy.
firstly jst need to get it running well. runz well atm jst wont idle.[/b]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Troy09 @ Apr 4 2008, 11:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=513031)</div>
it slidez well in dry and luvz the wet. itz rained everyday since ive had it so i am blessed.[/b]

let me kno what u think.
Troy[/b]

I think you're talking out of your arse about its sliding abilitiezzz.
Completely stock KE70s don't slide anywhere except in L-platers wet dreams.

Crumpet
4th April 2008, 12:41 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (floody31 @ Apr 4 2008, 11:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=513037)</div>
Completely stock KE70s don't slide anywhere except in L-platers wet dreams.[/b]

lol. I remember trying to slide in the dry in JAY.DEE.EMs beige KE when it was stock, and it was like Tryin to fuck on a dry night without lube. ha ha

Bustin_86
4th April 2008, 01:17 PM
^^^ try foreplay

Crumpet
4th April 2008, 01:33 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bustin_86 @ Apr 4 2008, 12:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=513063)</div>
^^^ try foreplay[/b]

lol, that analogy was provided by Sherlock.

Troy09
4th April 2008, 05:04 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (floody31 @ Apr 4 2008, 12:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=513037)</div>
Completely stock KE70s don't slide anywhere except in L-platers wet dreams.[/b]

Its Great fun in the wet, and i guess you would know most about dreaming.

Hokey
4th April 2008, 06:53 PM
you said at the start it slides in the dry... nothing bout burnouts

i've got a locked diff i'm selling atm. where are you?

DeeZ_NutZ
4th April 2008, 06:55 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Hokey @ Apr 4 2008, 06:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=513240)</div>
you said at the start it slides in the dry... nothing bout burnouts

i've got a locked diff i'm selling atm. where are you?[/b]
I'm in adelaide. were is u

Hokey
4th April 2008, 07:02 PM
says vic on the left mate. shipping would be a mof for the locker troy.

floody31
5th April 2008, 01:06 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Troy09 @ Apr 4 2008, 04:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=513189)</div>
i think ur pullin ur dik cuz u havnt driven my car. it duz skidz dusnt drift so chill. dnt care if u abuse me jst havnt u got nethin better to do?[/b]

I think you are the one pulling your appendage, good sir. Perhaps one handed typing might explain the txt speak nonsense you are assaulting us with, as well?

Just don't talk it up too much. Most/many/all of us have or have had similar cars and we know what they're like, no point claiming you have a freak stock drift weapon because its a load of bullshit.

Please feel free to use any of the following where appropriate;

Does
Doesn't
Don't
Just
Anything
Haven't
You
Are
Dick

And have a few capitalised letters on me too.

Troy09
5th April 2008, 07:16 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (floody31 @ Apr 5 2008, 12:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=513431)</div>
I think you are the one pulling your appendage, good sir. Perhaps one handed typing might explain the txt speak nonsense you are assaulting us with, as well?

Just don't talk it up too much. Most/many/all of us have or have had similar cars and we know what they're like, no point claiming you have a freak stock drift weapon because its a load of bullshit.

Please feel free to use any of the following where appropriate;

Does
Doesn't
Don't
Just
Anything
Haven't
You
Are
Dick

And have a few capitalised letters on me too.[/b]

When i put those together all i could come out with was:

"don't, You, Have, Anything, Better, To, Do, Your, The Real, Dick, You, Wanker. Had to add in a few there to make it easier for you to undrstand. Please feel free to Purchase A Life sometime soon.

Troy09
1st May 2008, 02:05 PM
Whipped the angle grinder out and thought i would put my stock springs to some good use. Took about 2 coils off, so now its a fair height, and also not that low that it will attract alot of cop attention. Thanks to JAY.DEE.EM off here for giving me a hand.

Also got pulled over the other day, and they realised that my tires were a bit bald, but they were really chilled and let me take it home without a free sticker on the front window.

Cheers

Troy09
2nd June 2008, 11:07 PM
Got stopped for a random breath test tonight, and they didnt even look twice at the car, even with a carload of mates.
Blew negative and was on my way. Thanks boys

Troy09
2nd June 2008, 11:18 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Blair @ Jun 2 2008, 10:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=540396)</div>
so it doesnt drift?

but does sik dry skidz??

mad c**t.[/b]

Your definition of skids must be different to mine. I don't mean the Skids that you have on your jocks after a long day at work. I Mean when you apply the accellarator and release the clutch in a rush, and then put your put on the brakes, forcing the rear wheels to spin, and therefor causing the rubber to heat up, and produce a smoky appearance.

Have a nice day :2thumbs:

shorty
3rd June 2008, 08:03 PM
this is the same model keto i got

cept urs is an auto :P

nice rig

Sherlock
3rd June 2008, 08:04 PM
Auto? Get off the drugs Jarryd! :lol:

Whip
3rd June 2008, 08:04 PM
Its manual.

Sherlock beat me. Unlucky.

shorty
3rd June 2008, 08:21 PM
oh :unsure: well i saw its got a XX badge and manual XX's usually have the "5 speed" badge

:lol: lol at Sherlocks avatar.

post a bigger pic :D

Crumpet
3rd June 2008, 08:40 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Blair @ Jun 2 2008, 11:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=540396)</div>
so it doesnt drift?

but does sik dry skidz??

mad c**t.[/b]

Wish I was like u payin out blokes and there corollas. Fuck there are some cock heads on this site.

Teddy
3rd June 2008, 09:17 PM
Re: Post 1.
Troy09, Ill let you know what i think.

I hope you loose your license for a few years for your own safety, and everyone else's.

Grow up and treat your license as if its a privilege, Not a right.

Loose the Leet-1337 language, you sound like an idiot. It makes no sense at all.

shorty
3rd June 2008, 09:28 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teddy @ Jun 3 2008, 07:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=540938)</div>

I hope you loose your license for a few years for your own safety, and everyone else's.

Grow up and treat your license as if its a privilege, Not a right.[/b]

+1

I'm 6 months into losing mine, with 6 months to go.. <_<

it is a privilege indeed

Troy09
4th June 2008, 10:54 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teddy @ Jun 3 2008, 09:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=540938)</div>

Grow up and treat your license as if its a privilege, Not a right.

Loose the Leet-1337 language, you sound like an idiot. It makes no sense at all.[/b]

Sorry Mum, Ill try send you a pm of what i am going to write in my next post and wait for your reply with permission for me to post it.

I'm sorry i should of known better.

Have a swell day :2thumbs:

marvis
4th June 2008, 11:03 PM
Speak in some English please.

Troy09
4th June 2008, 11:11 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (marvis @ Jun 4 2008, 11:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=541534)</div>
Speak in some English please.[/b]

Gehen Sie Ihren Pfosten Cound in anderen Völker-Gewinden erweitern, nicht Grube, Sie Wanker.

Oh Wait you said English, I Mean

Go And Expand Your Post Count In Other Peoples Threads, Not Mine, You Wanker.

DeeZ_NutZ
9th June 2008, 07:35 PM
i think some of u c**ts need to get a life nd stop telling people what they can and can't do
by the way i kno troy nd his car doesnt drift like a fuckin silvia does but it still gets sideways in the wet

by the way TEDDY can trombone me

Troy09
22nd June 2008, 01:26 AM
yay i just got fucking defected!!!! i fucking hate the police and they can get fucked. i was just minding my own business was just pulling over to get out my car and go to my friends and they pulled me over and picked on my car so now i gotta go to fucking regency. should be wicked. ill keep yous all updated. peace out.

Sherlock
22nd June 2008, 01:47 AM
Got done like a dinner son!

Its ok, I have a healthy supply of stock "Get your car through regency" parts! :lol:

rb27dett
22nd June 2008, 02:00 AM
hey man, don't happen to know someone named Matt that owned a red ke55 and now has a brown T-18? if so then you would have seen my ke70 the other night:P

what u get defected for btw?

nathanhann
22nd June 2008, 04:17 AM
I'm probably gonna say the normal, to low? bald tyres? possibly oil leaks. sucks.

Troy09
22nd June 2008, 04:17 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dori king @ Jun 22 2008, 02:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=550127)</div>
hey man, don't happen to know someone named Matt that owned a red ke55 and now has a brown T-18? if so then you would have seen my ke70 the other night:P

what u get defected for btw?[/b]

um yeh i met matt he said he stacked his car a little while back. don't know if he has a brown t18 now but you could be right. they did me for cut springs and my tyres were bald. there assholes. he asked if i do burnouts and i said no. then he checked tyres said yeh right you don't do burnouts and I'm like dude this car doesnt have enough power and he reckons it does. he must be a qualified mechanic if he thinks a 4k can stoke a burnout. assholes!!!!

rb27dett
22nd June 2008, 04:40 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Troy09 @ Jun 22 2008, 02:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=550150)</div>
um yeh i met matt he said he stacked his car a little while back. don't know if he has a brown t18 now but you could be right. they did me for cut springs and my tyres were bald[/b]

yea Matt crashed his ke55 a few times, 1st time it just bent a controll arm then he got really bad understeer and hit the gutter at like 50kph and bent heaps of shit in the car, kinda fixed it but it understeer to much so he sold it to the wreakers

he bought the t18 about a week ago

sucks about getting defected, your car is so clean lol

Ma61Rims4Sale
22nd June 2008, 11:30 AM
4k corollas can do burnouts though...

SHIFTY5
22nd June 2008, 02:34 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ma61Rims4Sale @ Jun 22 2008, 10:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=550188)</div>
4k corollas can do burnouts though...[/b]

+1 my old ke70 did burnouts, got it on video too :2thumbs:

Crumpet
22nd June 2008, 05:57 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KE_sev @ Jun 22 2008, 02:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=550241)</div>
+1 my old ke70 did burnouts, got it on video too :2thumbs:[/b]

Ha Ha the beige Dodgy mobile

Troy09
25th June 2008, 11:38 AM
It is now on the fast track to getting up to regency standard. Got all the things i need to pass lined up except for something to do with the heater. Bought some new tyres for the rears and got one for my spare. Have done a little degreasing on the engine bay only one can so far plan to use bout 3 or 4. Should have all the struts and springs and that in by the end of this week then just concentrate on all the tiny things i need to do. If anyone can help me with vacuum lines it would be greatly appreciated.

Troy09
30th June 2008, 11:59 AM
Now it is completely stock height with ADM sprinter struts and it looks crap. Way to high. I am taking it to a cop shop probably tomorrow so apparently i can drive it once they have checked that i have fixed the springs and tyres. Is this true? Also getting a T-18 Front bar off Rob. I am booked into Regency on the 8th of July and hopefully i pass first shot and as soon as that is done i will be lowering it again but this time ill get actual springs no cutting, not risking it again.

Whip
30th June 2008, 01:30 PM
You will still get defected with aftermarket springs

Sherlock
30th June 2008, 01:40 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (JAY.DEE.EM @ Jun 30 2008, 01:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=554503)</div>
You will still get defected with aftermarket springs[/b]

+1, I don't think *E7*'s can be lowered at all and be legal.

Troy09
30th June 2008, 01:50 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (JAY.DEE.EM @ Jun 30 2008, 01:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=554503)</div>
You will still get defected with aftermarket springs[/b]

very unlucky. oh well. still gonna get springs.

Troy09
2nd July 2008, 05:25 PM
a few pics. some of me in my ke70 before defect and my mate in his ke30. also some of the free sticker the cops gave me:)

Troy09
9th July 2008, 05:10 PM
Passed Regency WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOO

Sherlock
9th July 2008, 06:15 PM
Hoooorah, did ya take it back after a quick Wheel allignment?

Crumpet
9th July 2008, 06:46 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sherlock @ Jul 9 2008, 06:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=559127)</div>
Hoooorah, did ya take it back after a quick Wheel allignment?[/b]

I believe so.

Willys

Sherlock
9th July 2008, 11:40 PM
Lol at your sig. Gold.

Troy09
12th July 2008, 02:05 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sherlock @ Jun 30 2008, 12:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=554509)</div>
+1, I don't think *E7*'s can be lowered at all and be legal.[/b]

found out at regency that ke70s can only be lowered an inch. its a fair joke but a few more inches should be alright unless your ridicously low you shouldnt get noticed to much.

bigm
12th July 2008, 05:37 PM
what is the justification for that
aslong as u get springs that meet your states requirments (height and travel) and shocks to keep them trapped whats stopping you from going after market legaly?

Sherlock
12th July 2008, 06:53 PM
Cops can do you for too stiff as well. Basically if your cars not 100% stock and they feel like being dickwads...ya gonna get defected.

Konakid
12th July 2008, 08:02 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bigm @ Jul 12 2008, 04:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=560405)</div>
what is the justification for that
aslong as u get springs that meet your states requirments (height and travel) and shocks to keep them trapped whats stopping you from going after market legaly?[/b]

Because being legal is a major compromise in the handling department and limits what you can do to your car by a massive amount.

If you got defected for having wheels hanging as far out the guards as they do in your avatar then you deserved it.

Troy09
12th July 2008, 08:43 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Meathead #2 @ Jul 12 2008, 07:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=560468)</div>
Because being legal is a major compromise in the handling department and limits what you can do to your car by a massive amount.

If you got defected for having wheels hanging as far out the guards as they do in your avatar then you deserved it.[/b]

i sold those wheels about 3 months or more ago. drove with them twice and looked shit and had to much track so my bro sold them for me. i got done for springs and tyres nothing to do with big wheels.

Troy09
22nd July 2008, 12:47 PM
Now have a t18 chrome bar on the front i got from rob. its a bit bent but i did some quick panel beating with my mate and it cam up alright. Also getting an lsd (locked standard diff) this weekend of Whip so that should be good. Hopefully its wet so i can test it out:) will go take piccys of the chrome bumper now and put them up:)

Troy09
24th July 2008, 04:53 PM
pictures. the bar looks a bit bent think its just the bracket. will fix it once i get around to it or might sell up soon.

SHIFTY5
24th July 2008, 05:07 PM
why does it sit on that wak angle? is it mounted down properally? or is that what the bracket is making it do?

Troy09
24th July 2008, 05:17 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KE_sev @ Jul 24 2008, 04:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=566056)</div>
why does it sit on that wak angle? is it mounted down properally? or is that what the bracket is making it do?[/b]
I'm pretty sure the bracket is bent but I'm not 100% sure. It could be that i didnt mount it right but i reckon ill get rid of it if anyone wants it.

ke70dave
24th July 2008, 06:34 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Troy09 @ Jul 24 2008, 04:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=566068)</div>
I'm pretty sure the bracket is bent but I'm not 100% sure. It could be that i didnt mount it right but i reckon ill get rid of it if anyone wants it.[/b]

the mounts should line up with the stock holes

just have to drill a new hole on either side (assuming your using the T18 brackets as well)

you should notice if one bracket is different to the other.

should look good when you straighten it up :2thumbs:

Whip
24th July 2008, 07:26 PM
ill take the bar c**t

Sherlock
24th July 2008, 10:41 PM
Your car is making this face... :confused: lol

crackett
24th July 2008, 11:51 PM
Just make your own brackets...it costs liek 20 cents. Just make an 'S' shaped bracket and your set.

Troy09
25th July 2008, 02:09 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (crackett @ Jul 24 2008, 11:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=566349)</div>
Just make your own brackets...it costs liek 20 cents. Just make an 'S' shaped bracket and your set.[/b]

yeh i might get my mate whos an apprentice to have a crack at it. if that doesnt work then ill probs sell up. hit me with a pm if you want it.

Troy09
28th July 2008, 06:02 PM
Now has a locked diff in thanks to WHIP. Was a pain in the ass to do but will be worth it when it rains:) Am getting ma'61s very soon off keto when i get my tax return:) so ill update it with pics and that then.

Troy09
31st July 2008, 08:16 PM
Well my car is officially not running at all. I changed the gap to 0.5mm what I had been told and read about in a few other topics and it is now deciding not to spark at all and not start. It is being a slut really. I have asked my uncle who is pretty good with this stuff and he said get new points plugs and leads and start again. If anyone has a solution because i need it for school tomorrow it would be sweet but if not ill just have to get a lift and buy the shit after school. Thanks if anyone can help me. Troy

Troy09
13th August 2008, 05:23 PM
Piccys. Ride height is stock but I'm saving for spings. don't really want to put cut ones back in but i might one day soon.

keto
13th August 2008, 05:25 PM
looks good dude. very clean ;)

Troy09
13th August 2008, 05:31 PM
Thanks man. Cheers for the wheels. I love them. I really need springs and shocks though cause don't really want to put cuts back in but might have to until i can afford it. don't want to get defected again.

Troy09
26th September 2008, 07:09 PM
Madhouse lip

Hachi Roku
26th September 2008, 07:23 PM
car looks sick troy boy

did u manage to get yourself some new springs or are they just cut

Whip
26th September 2008, 08:25 PM
You love my hook ups, the quality parts are coming soon ;)

Troy09
27th September 2008, 12:18 PM
Ye just slotted some cuts back in there but will be getting the good stuff these school holidays and even better stuff when Im an apprentice:) Will also be taking the locker out as it is giving me the fucking shits and is chewing tyres. Only good for rain and I always seem to be at school when that happens.

E7
28th September 2008, 12:38 PM
loooks good man

Troy09
28th September 2008, 03:58 PM
Cheers. Now running Excel G shocks in the rear and will probably be buying sherlocks 5kg aswell because cuts fail. I will also be trying to get some coilovers off of duca when he gets springs in for the ones im getting. Will keep it updated when things change. Also need a radiator if anyone has one as the 4k is struggling atm and im not to keen on driving it while its this fucked.

Javal
28th September 2008, 04:17 PM
Looking good troy, good to hear you're doing it the right way and not just skidding on choppies, popped shocks and a locker :) Edit: anymore.

The front bar looks a little wonky i think, doesn't do the rest of the car justice. Just the mounting or is the bar bent?

Troy09
28th September 2008, 04:21 PM
Yeh the bar is a bit twisted but is only mounted from eyesight. Yeh i always wanted to do it properly just chopped springs at first to see what height to go for then I got defected and ended up owing my mum all of my tax money and couldnt buy all my suspension :( anyways hopefully get these springs of sherlock and coils of duca next week or the week after.

Sherlock
28th September 2008, 06:57 PM
Lip looks mint. Buy my springs already ya sikko.

Crumpet
28th September 2008, 09:25 PM
Dope Town. Hit up AJPS for some decent suspension.

nathanhann
28th September 2008, 09:48 PM
looks mad as with the lip.