PDA

View Full Version : KE70/AE71 Strut Towers and chassis rails into AE86

AE86sprinta
4th April 2008, 07:56 PM
i have a sprinter that has had its strut towers butchered and the chassis rails are a bit tired.

i am just wondering if the KE70/AE71 strut towers and chassis rails are a straight fit if i was to find one and cut it to pieces.

i have a radiator support panel already and have a panel beater friend who is able to make it look like it was never done.

thanks for your help.

slydar
4th April 2008, 08:19 PM
rails definitely different. towers allmost 100% sure they are different too.

where is benalla?

AE86sprinta
4th April 2008, 10:04 PM
ok thanks looks like it's back to the drawing board.

benalla is about 5 mins from winton motor raceway. 2 hours north east of melbourne.

and just about no one here knows what a sprinter is.

driftism
6th April 2008, 01:13 PM
I know the back sections of the rear rails are the same, but that isn't much use to you, i think the front ones would be different, and it would be very hard to get the geometry correct in the towers if you have to cut them out and reweld them.

the best thing to do would be to get a halfcut and unpick the front end from the firewall.

driftke70
6th April 2008, 01:55 PM
front tub!

gumbie
10th April 2008, 09:08 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (AE86sprinta @ Apr 4 2008, 09:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=513349)</div>
ok thanks looks like it's back to the drawing board.

benalla is about 5 mins from winton motor raceway. 2 hours north east of melbourne.

and just about no one here knows what a sprinter is.[/b]

Have a look in parts for sale some one was selling a JDM front cut that would be exactly what you need