PDA

View Full Version : squeaky squeak!?!?

pebbles
7th April 2008, 12:57 AM
well 2nite my car started making a weird noise

its like a high pitched squeak that only happens when u hti a bump in the road or come to a stop, but it happens even with slight bumps and is very annoying
it sounds like its comeing form my backseat so i cleared all the shit out and its still making it
i climbed under car and checked bolts on gbox crossmemeber and all tshaft bolts and they are all fine,
i tightened my rear wheel nuts and when tightening the LHS wheel, it made the noises when i relay gave it torque with the wheel brace
anyone know what it could be?

also worth mentioning is that earlier in the night i reversed into a curb pretty hard with that same wheel.

Javal
7th April 2008, 01:02 AM
Could be any number of things man.

Mine has one coming from the parcel shelf, you start tuning it out after a while, and it's really funny to watch passengers get annoyed by it.

Err, as far as possible causes:

Trailing arm bushes could do with a re-grease
Spare wheel rubbing against the it's securing screw
Parcel shelf on the back of the seat

there's about a thousand things man, get a mate to sit in the back seat and try and find where it's coming from.

pebbles
7th April 2008, 01:36 AM
yeah fair enough,
its so fucking annoying tho
like, i could deal with no exhuast when it was broken, i could deal with a very choppy sounding gbox in my ke30 and i can deal with timeing chain noises/valvetrain from my celica
but this noise just pisses me off, because its so squeakky! lol
i had a good jump on my rear seat and thought it was that coz it was abit squeaky, but then that woudlnt explain it happening when i was tightening up my LHS wheel

ke70dave
7th April 2008, 12:46 PM
yeah i got plenty of squeeks in the ke70

thinking of just pulling out everything that could posisbly make the noise, then once its gone, start putting stuff back in, till i find out what it was!!

parcel shelf is a goo place to start, wood + metal can give a nice squeeky sound, even random plastic trims + metal can squeek.

might also be a possum living in your boot, pretty sure they squeek

problem comes from stiff springs:P if we didn't have stiff springs nothing would squeek :confused: