PDA

View Full Version : wiring help needed

acidreign
7th April 2008, 04:58 PM
hi. i have an ae86 with a 4age conversion but i can't find a diagram for the wiring from the ignition switch to the ecu as i only have the complete engine loom. so what i need to find is all the under dash wiring concerning the ecu. google and forum searches have been no help at all.

slide86
7th April 2008, 05:10 PM
do you have msn?

add me and ill explain what to do. ive just done this conversion

charlie_one_@hotmail.com

acidreign
7th April 2008, 06:14 PM
cheers mate. Weve found the power wires going into the ECU [Black with red tracer] (Referred to Bill Sherwoods ECU info). Weve followed these wires and they branch off into others, with (4X) 2 pin plugs at either end (Green with red tracer) with nothing plugged into them (Arent injector plugs) and 2 wires that have been cut (Black and orange)?

were puzzled

parrot
7th April 2008, 06:31 PM
How about having a look at the pinned threads in tech articles.

Scroll down a bit when you find the thread.

slide86
7th April 2008, 08:08 PM
basically you need to connect the 3 wires to battery voltage for the ECU to have power

then you need to give ignition power to the +ve side of the power and also to the yellow wire (injectors)

connect the fuel pump. i used the fuel pump trigger wire from the ECU. this is a green/red wire (i think)

i used the wire that originally went to the ballast resistor, its a black wire with an orange trace.

i wired it straight to the coil, then used another wire from that to trigger a relay to activate the injectors through the yellow wire.

you can run the fuel pump seterately, but the way i did it ensures that the pump wont run when the engine is off.

i must thank nikko for this info, he gave the advice and i applied it. i got the car to start straight away after i did this. guarantee to start!

Nikkojoe
8th April 2008, 12:44 AM
Yep sure did :P I will make up a wiring diagram shortly on how to wire fuel pump if you don't have a circuit opening relay with your loom.

A cut and copy of what works:

The only real wires in the fuse box are related to alternator correct? (Another thread on alternator wiring found here (http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/board/index.php?showtopic=29433))

*Assuming bigport* When using my info, Refer to Club4AG AE86 ECU pinout/wiring diagram
Other then that:

-give ignition power to positive terminal on coil (usually a black/orange wire which connects to the ballast resistor on the old coil which you can use [I did], but you can make your own relay to power coil using the black/orange wire as an ignition trigger)

-On 14 pin plug, Pin 7 (+B1) and Pin 14 (+B ) can be connected together, and go to ignition (or can come off a relay you used for coil power)
-On 14 pin plug, Pin 6 (Batt) goes to constant battery 12V source (ie wire straight from positive terminal on your battery if you want)

For fail safe starting, you may also need to give power to injectors (Yellow wire found on 10Pin plug, Pin 10 (BF)) by joining a wire into the yellow wire and giving it 12V on iginition (again, use the same relay that you may have used for coil, but might be drawing too much current).